Death by The Street

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
HowardBeale's picture
HowardBeale
Death by The Street

Regarding today's news, CB said:
"There is no way to reform this system from within (Ron Paul for pres, etc) IMO. The end will come through soverign defaults and popular resistance to austerity measures."

And could a sane individual expect any other solution? "Oh, would you boys on Wall Street please quit that..."

What's utterly simple to comprehend, if you're not  to busy sipping from the silver spoon and you've been exposed to the polar opposite of the MSM tripe, aka, the truth--and a good dose of Howard Zinn-ish history--is that there are no-and never have been-happy endings for the "elite" when wealth concentration via exploitation, theft and enslavement occurs to such an extent that a nation of citizens becomes an angry army of vigilantes.

As history seems to occasionally require, once again, the "Sach"ers of innocent Peoples are far too deep within their golden cocoons of ignorance to ever have a chance of understanding the damage their boys' club game is doing to real people. As several well-respected, intellectually credentialed observers have stated: "You don't even apply for a job on Wall Street unless you are a psychopath to begin with [paraphrase]."

With regard to the apparent difficulty in distinguishing between "advocacy" and "precience":

I have been "reprimanded" by this site's management--and had my account revoked once--for suggesting that there is nothing other than violence and death that will bring an end to the current exploitation and enslavement of innocent Peoples in America and elsewhere. I think some of  you (Chris included) are starting to understand that I may be, in fact, right in my assessment of the situation--though Chris, at a minimum, could and never would aknowledge that I could be--and have been for 5 years now--right about "the only real solution" to Humanity's problem...

Let me be clear: I'm not saying "Go kill Lloyd Blankfein." I'm saying that nothing will change short of something like that happening.

One fireside-chat night, years ago, I was a fortunate? participant in a conversation with a a group of childhood friends, one of whom had gone to work for the penultimate criminal organization on Wall Street, and when I came out of the ostentatious oak-paneled living room that night, after having shared  bottles of wine that cost more than I made in a year, and after having felt no need to utter a single word during the "confession"--other than "Fuck me. The U.S. government and *$&%)@! have done that?" I was not the same person that had sat down by the fireplace two hours earlier. I was ready to grab the nearest American flag and burn it! It was a Falcon and the Snowman moment for me: "This is not America."

There are people out there that know things--detailed things--that could end this financial terrorism tomorrow. Why has not a single person come forward and said anything substantial? Just watch Michael Moore's film, the part where he attempts to retrieve America's wealth from Goldman Sachs: the scene is beyond imagination, like a classic mafia movie; that is to say, Wall Street IS the mafia; it has taken over America. You want your children to disappear...?

There is mafia mentality and there is mafia mentality. Does it seem impossible that the criminal intellect would have overlooked Simon Johnson's observation in perpetuity ("The best way to rob a bank is to own one")? Of course not. They're not idiots, their just psychopathically oblivious to empathy, love, and the fact that we're all humans with natural rights. They are mentally deranged, and for that, we should have sympathy. But they are waging war against us; they have the money to employ financial weapons of mass destruction that will kill--and have killed--just as surely as any other murderous weapon of mass destruction. (The U.S., the only country to ever employ such a weapon. Is it even remotely surprising that that same corrupt government could enable a facist corporacracy that would do the same by less obvious means? Ask ONE MILLION dead Iraqis what they think. Right.)

Thus, just as on any battlefield, we must protect ourselves first, as dead men can't protect the ones they love. You think Lloyd Blankfein differentiates between You and some unseen, dismembered Iraqi mother and father trying to raise their innocent children?

Yes, these psychopaths on Wall Street are a tragic consequence of a failed economic system--victims just as they are unwarranted beneficiaries, but they don't give a shit about you. They can't. They don't have the ability to perceive the injustice of their criminal acts against your family.  They're simply criminals--in suits! Whether they're breaking legs or installing a puppet president that will not prosecute them, they have one goal: to fuck you! And fucking you may cause your death--or homelessness, which will then inflict death by a thousand humiliations and, eventually, death by street rogues with cruder weapons such as fists, boots, bats and guns; i.e., all roads lead to The End of You by The Street...

Ready to sit there and wait for Wall Street to "get it?"

CB's picture
CB
Re: Death by The Street

Acting prematurely is to throw oneself to the wolves - a benefit only to them I would think. A spark will come - from where, or how, who can say before it happens? No one was predicting that an Icelandic volcano would disrupt air traffic for a week, but it happened, and had that effect. Something unforeseen, 'off the radar' so to speak, will occur - tomorrow, in a week, or a month, or... but the system has become unstable and a readjustment is in the cards. Just my opinion - speculating on a friday evening.

JAG's picture
JAG

While I share your anger at Wallstreet, I have no doubt that Wallstreet will cannibalize itself without any one of us lifting a finger. 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

You are correct in saying that "they are waging war against us" and it will not stop by their account.  By "they" I'm referring to the international banking cartel and the elite that own and control it. 

The solution is quite simple in theory, we must take back our sovereign power to create and control our own money.  The implementation is the hard part as they will not let go without a fight. 

I think you are absolutely correct in saying that they are criminal psychopaths.  This makes it very difficult for normal folks to understand what the banking elites are capable of doing and have done.  I would highly recommend the following book for anyone trying to understand what/who we are dealing with -  Political Ponerology (A Science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes):

• Psychopaths: Almost Human
  • Ponerology: Evil is a Disease

The international banking cartel has been behind wars, crimes against humanity and genocide.  For example, they funded Adolf Hitler before and during WW2 and helped orchestrate the holocaust.  They funded and organized the Bolshevik revolution.  They are behind the 9/11 attacks on America.  Stealing our money will not be near enough to satisfy their naked aggression against humanity.

These things are well documented through history - conspiracy facts not theories.

I hold some anger and resentment but not towards the psychotic elites.  I blame my fellow citizens for allowing this to continue.  I cannot understand how one might simply acquiesce under their tyranny.  Do we care at all about our children and future generations?  Are we too cowardly to do what is right and moral?

There is no excuse anymore for not seeing the beast for what it is.  Sure, four years ago it was a bit of a reach and required some study of history and the real power structure.  Now it is very obvious but still many look away in denial. 

I often hear people suggest that after the big crash, things will be reset.  The elites will lose their grip and there will be an opportunity for reform and repair.  This is denial and bargaining - when the crash comes, the next step has already been planned and is being implemented.  Things will only get worse.

My hope is that people in the U.S. will wake up and understand that a successful coup took place in 1913 when our financial sovereignty was lost.  This is the key, everything stems from their ability to create money for free on our private and national credit.  The tipping point, if it happens, will come when enough people place the money issue front and center.  

The creation of money is the sucker of the parasitic beast.  Remove it and the beast will die.

Larry

Doug's picture
Doug

I have a question that may be OT here, but I don't know of a more appropriate thread.  I have heard numbers thrown around about how much money is riding on the bets (known as CDSs and CDOs) ranging from $50-over $100 trillion with a T.  I don't know how to even think about that kind of money, particularly since there is apparently not that much money in the world.  My problem is that I don't understand what kind of risk it poses to the world economy.  It makes some sense that if one side of the bets suddenly decides to settle them, there would be an enormous transfer of wealth to and from somewhere.  But I don't understand the particulars.  Given the size of the numbers, it just seems like they could have enormous repercussions.  Can someone help?

Doug

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

HowardBeale wrote:

I was ready to grab the nearest American flag and burn it! It was a Falcon and the Snowman moment for me: "This is not America."

Which American flag would you burn...the national flag or the "incorporated flag" (with gold trim)? Wink 

Howard Zinn wrote, “There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”

Larry

ron45's picture
ron45

Well well, I thought I was the only one that is as mad as Larry. I have said similar things on other forums, though a little less apocalyptic regarding what it will take to move govt. to action. I'd advocate a few hundred thousand people in the streets to see if we can still get their attention that way first. Not an easy task. We had a middle class then. Everyone was not so desperate for a their job or education that they were afraid to carry a sign and yell some. This is probably why the middle class is being downsized. It's just biddness. Nothing personal.

There is not a molecule of doubt in my mind that a crash of any sort will result in the top of the pile exiting that pile with more power than before. 

With so much revolving going on it seems to me in more ways that one the line between biddness and govt. is getting blurry.

Corporations with armies is a very bad precedent. That smells like Wolfowitz and Cheney to me. Armies are hate groups waiting for a focal point. Poor, desperate people make good armies. Very malleable material that. Imagine Goldman Sucks with chain cannons, attack choppers, and predator bots..... and a bunch of pissed off Palin lovers. For the good of the people of course.

I can see why CM isn't going to stand behind this kind of thinking. The Matrix was pretty good for him. And it is within it that he probably has the most credibility. As another poster observed there is still a lot that can happen and there are still too few who are mad enough to get up right now and open the window.... If things get worse slow enough our numbers will grow. Geezers against the Geitners of the world!!

Ron

V's picture
V

Ron 

Once again perception lags reality. Larry has correctly observed that the plan has not only been executed but contingency plans are in place. Corporations with armies goes well back past Wolfowitz and Cheney.  Way back. 

You will never meet the perps face to face, you will never see them in the news, you will never see them on tv. The faces you will see like Cheney, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Kofi Annan etc are just hired lackeys and there will be en endless supply of them to replace the ones who end up at the guillotine. 

The middle class is not being downsized it is being exterminated. Just as the elites discovered it was cheaper and more efficient to rent slaves than own them so to they have discovered it is cheaper and more efficient to enslave the middle class economically. The end game as Michael Hudson has so clearly pointed out is global neo feudalism. This is simply not possible with a strong middle class who think they have inalienable rights. All rights flow from the top of the pyramid.

I was struck, when I first started to lurk here, by a quote from a movie someone posted " Guys like you and me, they discover oil under your garden ..........all you get is dead tomatoes"

I don't think thousands or even millions in the streets will change anything. This beast has set up a system based, as Larry has said infinite times here, on the ability to create money out of thin air. The ability which we have either given them or allowed them to have. It is through this system that we have enslaved ourselves. It is this system which many here on this site continue to support. This is I think why Larry is so angry. It is the people that continue to have 401k's , IRA'S, stocks or bonds of any kind, credit cards, Tbills. or any form of investment in which they feed the beast, also known as the Matrix. There is not  and never will be a political solution. I also fear that any kind of revolution will end up being co-opted just as the ones in 1776 and 1789 and 1917 were. These people have been at this for hundreds of years they will not give up power easily.

V

SteveW's picture
SteveW
Doug wrote:

I have a question that may be OT here, but I don't know of a more appropriate thread.  I have heard numbers thrown around about how much money is riding on the bets (known as CDSs and CDOs) ranging from $50-over $100 trillion with a T.  I don't know how to even think about that kind of money, particularly since there is apparently not that much money in the world.  My problem is that I don't understand what kind of risk it poses to the world economy.  It makes some sense that if one side of the bets suddenly decides to settle them, there would be an enormous transfer of wealth to and from somewhere.  But I don't understand the particulars.  Given the size of the numbers, it just seems like they could have enormous repercussions.  Can someone help?

Doug

Maybe I can help Doug. I've read that there are $250 trillion in derivatives in the US and $600 trillion in total. Annual world GDP is around $60 trillion. I don't know what you mean by "there is apparently not that much money in the world" since there is as much as these bankers manufacture.

What is the risk? Well this is a totally unregulated market, courtesy of the Commodity Futures Modernisation Act. No one really knows the details of how the major banks are hedged and what net risks they are carrying. It seems to me that our financial structures are completely distorted when the notional value of these derivatives is 10 years of global GDP. I see it as destabilising the financial system. The players can't really know what their counterparty risk is regarding the possibility of default/bankruptcy. This was the story with Lehman and AIG in 2008 when the entire finacial system came within a few hours of complete collapse. This risk still exists and a second crisis might not be as easily managed by bailout. The result of the past bailout also gives these "too big to fail" banks the licence for even more risky ventures since they imagine being backstopped by government.

A complete financial collapse would devastate the world economy and would be a Wallstreet cannibalizing event, as JAG infers. Imagine no money, no trade and the worst possible outcome of the present times. Will it happen? Maybe.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments