Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Dead Cat Bounce - Mike Maloney

Dead Cat Bounce - Mike Maloney

Kind of a 'commercial' but good info.

hucklejohn's picture
hucklejohn
Re: Dead Cat Bounce - Mike Maloney

Thanks, Johnny for your post.  I have Maloney's book.  In my opinion Maloney explains money & economics better than anyone -- espoecially in his videos.  He keeps it simple.  He especially notes how monetary history repeats (or at least rhymes).  Heck I majored in Economics at a small eastern university years ago.  We were taught Monetary Economics & Keynesian Economics.  Not a whisper of the Austrian School.  Pretty much useless.  I did not start to figure things out until I came across Jim Puplava's website -- www.financialsense.com -- about 7 years ago. 

Rojelio's picture
Rojelio

Speaking of Mike Maloney, this is my favorite video of his, where he addresses Russian bankers and the moderator is trying to get him off stage - hilarious.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Thanks Rojelio!

Wow! That was fantastic

AquariusLuck1's picture
AquariusLuck1

The Dead Cat bounce is a very real thing unfortunately.  There are a lot of interesting technical features in the markets as Mr. Maloney speaks about in these two fantastic videos.  In addition, I am wondering if this community is aware of the "DOW/GOLD" ratio.  Historically, it has reached as low as 1:1 (in 1980 last time we had a major scare).  Here is a link to what I am talking about for those who are not familiar!

http://home.earthlink.net/~intelligentbear/com-dow-au.htm

So what does this mean?

I believe that Gold and the Dow will once again meet each other in POG and DJIA.  I believe this will be at about $5500 and 5500 DJIA.  From there, it will be interesting to see what happens... because this time it is very well possible that the Price of Gold skyrockets and makes this ratio approach zero as the US Dollar is phased out of existence.

The economy is about to be put on hault in 2011... be prepared.  I believe that financial markets will be taking the greatest hits.  Inflation is coming to America on a level that is unimagineable to most people.  Realize that if you are reading this post, you are not most people.  Picture individuals who have never had an education on austrian economics (99.8%) of the population.  Now realize that if you are reading this and believe in the price of gold, you are inadvertedily supporting Austrian Economic theory of sound money.

-

Wild times ahead! Use the internet to its full potential and research all you can!  I have a website dedicated to this very thing if you check out my other thread.

-

Scott J

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Mike Maloney has one serious problem:  he doesn't know or understand or believe in limits to growth.  He points to oil and other commodities and says they're in a bubble (even pointing to Russia's peaking oil without knowing what he is seeing!) and believes these bubbles will burst......

I can tell you if oil goes back down to ten bucks...  we won't get any, the oil companies won't sell it to you at a loss, and THAT's for sure! And neither will the corn farmers, or wheat farmers sell their crops at a loss either..

There's a lot of gnashing of teeth on CMdotcom over whether we are heading for deflation or hyperinflation, but in my mind, I'm starting to think we could even have the worst of both worlds...

What if we had deflation in assets, but due to Limits to Growth, we had commodities hyperinflation?

Now that would set the cat among the pigeons...

Mike

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

There's a lot of gnashing of teeth on CMdotcom over whether we are heading for deflation or hyperinflation, but in my mind, I'm starting to think we could even have the worst of both worlds...

What if we had deflation in assets, but due to Limits to Growth, we had commodities hyperinflation?

Interesting point/s.

Mix in some stagflation too.

But one will win out in the end. IMO we will most likely see this weird tug-of-war then when the rope snaps...hyperinflation.

Rojelio's picture
Rojelio

To Scott88:

Some pundits like Gerald Celente (

) are suggesting that we will see government intervention in the price of gold before it gets above $2,000. He didn't really explain any details of how that might occur, but he refers to Executive Order 1602 from 1933, whereby people were encouraged to turn their gold in at a pre-determined price.

Similarly, CM had a fantastic article about oil (I wish I could find the link) in response to people planning to get rich by investing in oil companies. He was warning people that the government could potentially intervene and take control of the supply and profits by declaring a national emergency.

To damnthematrix:

One of the things I like about CM is that he includes oil and environmental issues in his economic discussions. Most of the other financial guys don't seem to do this. Given the maginitude of the peak oil issue, you have to wonder why they don't even bother thinking about it.

I always get frustrated when I hear the Ron Paul guys that seem to dead on target with their criticism of the fed and the monetary system, but then they turn around and say stuff like "gloabal warming is a hoax" and "there's plenty of oil, they just won't let us drill" 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments