Davos' re-vamped website...sweeeeet!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Davos' re-vamped website...sweeeeet!

For everyone who misses Davos, he's recently revamped his website, Unveiling the Economy, at http://unveilingtheeconomy.blogspot.com/.. 

For those of you who are recent to the site, Davos was a long-time, well-admired regular here. His contributions to the site included insightful, on-the-mark commentary, doing a top-notch job running the Daily Digest solo for a long stint, and his liberal and unflinching use of the word "moron"!

So for you who enjoyed Davos' before and would like to see what he is up to these days, check out his site.  And for you who are new to this site, I think you'll find his site to be another great resource.  You'll find links to his own past articles there, daily postings of others' work that he feels is important (with commentary), and a list of sites he recommends to his readers (including this one:).

Lookin' good, Davos!

ao's picture
ao
Thanks pinecarr.  I'll

Thanks pinecarr.  I'll check it out.  I miss the moron rants.  We need more outrage.

earthwise's picture
earthwise
ao wrote: Thanks pinecarr. 
ao wrote:

Thanks pinecarr.  I'll check it out.  I miss the moron rants.  We need more outrage.

Ditto. I didn't even know he had a website. I'll definitely be spending some time there.

es2's picture
es2
Thanks pinecarr

Thanks pinecarr

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
You're welcomed ao,

You're welcomed ao, earthwise and es2.  I had a feeling there were folks here who didn't know about Davos' site yet.  And he really has over-hauled it nicely.  Even just getting Davos'  tips on what he's reading, and what he thinks is important and worth taking a look at makes visiting the site worth it to me.

TD's picture
TD
And now... the blog is

And now... the blog is gone.

I will miss his website, as I have missed Davos's contributiions to this one. I believe he has a clearer, more passionate view of what is heading our way than the majority of economic forecasters that I have found on the web. Perhaps he will return, but even if he doesn't, I am thankful for his excellent writings... they have spurred me on to prepare, and have helped cement my own vews of the mess that is heading our way

TD

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
re: And now... the blog is gone.

TD wrote:

And now... the blog is gone.

I will miss his website, as I have missed Davos's contributiions to this one. I believe he has a clearer, more passionate view of what is heading our way than the majority of economic forecasters that I have found on the web. Perhaps he will return, but even if he doesn't, I am thankful for his excellent writings... they have spurred me on to prepare, and have helped cement my own vews of the mess that is heading our way

TD

Aaaw dang!!  You're right, TD.  I'm sorry to see that.  I am also thankful for Davos' contributions, which helped me get a better handle on the mess we are in, and which so succinctly and straightforwardly expressed the outrage many of us feel.

Davos, I sure hope you keep submitting your articles to other sites; you make such a valuable contribution to those of us seeking the truth of what's going on!

fandango's picture
fandango
Davos' contributions

Davos: Insightful, expressive, and at times funny. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Why We Are Totally Finished ~ by Davos (Sherman Okst

Pinecarr,

A gift from the "Davos" vault from 06/27/2010 at www.Financialsense.com: -

In A Nutshell: Corporatocracy Has Replaced Capitalism

Capitalism Fixes Problems & Preserves Democracy: Capitalism is what we should be relying on to fix our problems. Capitalism has it's own ecosystem, just like biology's ecosystem. An economic ecosystem that weeds out the weak, has parasites that eat the failures and new bacteria that evolves and grows replacements for that which failed. A system that keeps everything in balance.

The problem is we are no longer a capitalistic society. What we were taught in school is now utter and absolute nonsense. Capitalism is a thing of the past.

As outlined in "It's Not A Financial Crisis - It's A Stupidity Crisis", we created two back to back bubbles. The air out of the Tech Bubble was sucked up for fuel by our next stupidity crisis: The Housing Bubble.

Now, after the second Stupidity Crisis there isn't a third bubble to inflate. If we still lived in a capitalistic environment the banks and financial institutions that created loans for folks who should have remained renters and then sold those loans as investments to pensions and countries would have been cleansed by capitalism's ecosystem.

But that isn't what happened.

In a very anti-capitalistic move the government decided that stupidity and criminal activity should be rewarded. I'd say they took our money, but it is worse, we didn't have that much money. So they borrowed the money in our name. The loan has a variable rate. They borrowed so much money that our kids cosigned the loan. In fact, our kid's future kid's signed on the dotted line.

That is unequivocally immoral.

Continued Here  : - http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/d-sherman-okst/why-we-are-tot...

Regards,

~ VF ~

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Thanks VF!  It was good to

Thanks VF!  It was good to get a "Davos fix", even if was a nostalgic one, from a past article.  But what a classic Davos article!  I love the "Law of Morons"!

Davos wrote:

"Law of Morons": Years ago, while serving on a committee I came to a sad realization. Like gravity, there is the another invisible force which I dubbed "The Law of Morons". Put a group of very intelligent, well meaning people in a room together, put them on a committee or some governmental body that is devoid of guiding principles or merit-based decision making and "The Law of Morons" will prevail. The collective IQ will drop to the smallest shoe size in the room. And hope for loafers, because collectively this body won't be able to tie anything together - not even a single shoelace. 

I also love the part you quoted:

In a very anti-capitalistic move the government decided that stupidity and criminal activity should be rewarded. I'd say they took our money, but it is worse, we didn't have that much money. So they borrowed the money in our name. The loan has a variable rate. They borrowed so much money that our kids cosigned the loan. In fact, our kid's future kid's signed on the dotted line.

That is unequivocally immoral.

Now that's getting to the heart of the matter!! 

Davos, you are downright eloquent in your ability to present the essence of what is going on, and express the moral outrage that so many of us feel!  You are a voice of our times!  I sure hope we get to hear you again.

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Where'd he go??

Any clues as to why Davos' website was taken down?? 

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Hi Earthwise- I am guessing

Hi Earthwise-

I am guessing that Davos' website being taken down was by his own choice, tho' I don't know that for sure.  I think he was discouraged by certain websites not posting his submissions lately, and decided to tale a time-out from it all.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments