The danger of leadership?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
The danger of leadership?

I put this here, to let us think reasonable and not out of fear. Look at who is leading the Tea Party. I cannot ever vote for Sarah Palin. Video march 27th

http://economycollapse.blogspot.com/2010/03/grayson-on-republicans-they-have.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FCRkw+(The+Economy++Collapse)

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Re: The danger of leadership?

goes211's picture
goes211

Come on.  I agree that the Republicans are pretty awful but if you think the Democrats are any different, I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona.  The funniest part of that video is Grayson talking about fear, hatred, and eliminating the opposition party.  In reality he is the mirror image of the right wing nutjobs with the single saving grace that he is fun to watch grill Bernanke.

V's picture
V

Voting for anyone is a complete waste of time.

V

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

My point was to make folks think. I am not advocating either party. I wish we had a third party that was a party of thinkers and system changers like the folks on this forum. Not sure where we go from here. But I agree, we need to get rid of  both parties and have new folks to get rid of the present system of corporations and wall street bankers ruling the system.

Change the rules of lobbying and Pork spending and mostly get rid of the Fed. My fear is that someone like Palin seems more interested in the extreme elements of the religious right.

plato1965's picture
plato1965

Can I interject a dual-dualist perspective. Yes ? Ok.

I think Paulite libertarianism grasps an essential truth.,. about freedom and individualism, but it's not the whole picture.. paul= liberte

There's a positive aspect to collectivism too, and I think Grayson is a good vector in that direction.. grayson= fraternite

There are also good bad male / female aspects.. think domineering vs brave, nagging conformist vs caring nurturing..

Combining the best of both.. that's the challenge.. that's what marriage is about.. that's what society and politics is about..

When good (voluntary) collectivists beat the bad (compulsion) collectivists, when good (caring) individualists beat the bad (self-centered) ones.. then we'll make progress...

goes211's picture
goes211

When good (voluntary) collectivists beat the bad (compulsion) collectivists, when good (caring) individualists beat the bad (self-centered) ones.. then we'll make progress...

Plato,

So very true!

-------------------------------------------------

This sums up our current political parties quite well.

V's picture
V

Freedom ended with the first vote

V

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Permit me if I'm wrong, but surely, isn't a democracy a system where, on the voting slip, there is a square to tick that sights: - 

'None Of The Above'

The UK doesn't have this 'Tick' square, and I was just wondering if the American voting system has such a box?

"If they can get you asking the wrong question's they don't have to worry about the answers" -  from Gravity's Rainbow byThomas Pynchon

~ VF ~

Ready's picture
Ready
V wrote:

V

The older I get, the more I come to believe this statement. Our 2 party system has become a farce. New candidates are fully vetted and indoctrinated into that system before they ever make it to a ballot, which ensures more of the same indefinately.

What's the alternative? It is clearly not "none of the above" even if everyone in the US did this, we would still end up with the same thing.

Doug's picture
Doug

Vanityfox451

Quote:

Permit me if I'm wrong, but surely, isn't a democracy a system where, on the voting slip, there is a square to tick that sights: - 

'None Of The Above'

The UK doesn't have this 'Tick' square, and I was just wondering if the American voting system has such a box?

The US ballots don't have such "tick squares" either.  You can't vote against, only for, or not vote at all.

Doug

Davos's picture
Davos

I voted for Nader. I used to think I was throwing away votes and that he was taking votes from one party or another - I no longer feel that way. Other than Ron Paul I refuse to vote for a democrat or a republican. Their combined track record (read:122 trillion in debt and a 9 trillion GAAP deficit) and their trampling of our Constitution is proof that they should be tried for treason.

Tycer's picture
Tycer

I think this has merit. It was worth $100 to me to see if it goes anywhere. www.goooh.com

Ready's picture
Ready
Tycer wrote:

www.goooh.com

Very nice Tycer! Thanks.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Doug wrote:

Vanityfox451

Quote:

'None Of The Above'

The US ballots don't have such "tick squares" either.  You can't vote against, only for, or not vote at all.

Doug

Doug,

so in my reasoning for a true democracy, the status to that 'Tick Square' ascribing 'None Of The Above' would term that all of the corporately funded mechanism behind all of the money that creates the fronting for the left/right paradigm known as Democrats and Republicans would then become null and void?

So, in a sense, there is no democracy in either the United States or the United Kingdom, because if there was, we'd have that Tick Square?

Which is the reasoning behind the quote byThomas Pynchon: -

"If they can get you asking the wrong question's they don't have to worry about the answers"

The Tick Square could well have given Davos the pleasure of inviting Ralph Nader into the White House with his vote!

The word plutocracy fits squarely with my thinking, how about you?

Plutocracy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutocracy

[snippet]

Plutocracy is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth. The combination of both plutocracy and oligarchy is called plutarchy.

In a plutocracy, the degree of economic inequality is high while the level of social mobility is low. This can apply to a multitude of government systems, as the key elements of plutocracy transcend and often occur concurrently with the features of those systems.

~ VF ~

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Tycer wrote:

I think this has merit. It was worth $100 to me to see if it goes anywhere. www.goooh.com

Tycer,

I'm seconding Ready!!!

+100!!!

~ VF ~

Doug's picture
Doug
Vanityfox451 wrote:
Doug wrote:

Vanityfox451

Quote:

'None Of The Above'

Doug

Doug,

so in my reasoning for a true democracy, the status to that 'Tick Square' ascribing 'None Of The Above' would term that all of the corporately funded mechanism behind all of the money that creates the fronting for the left/right paradigm known as Democrats and Republicans would then become null and void?

So, in a sense, there is no democracy in either the United States or the United Kingdom, because if there was, we'd have that Tick Square?

Which is the reasoning behind the quote byThomas Pynchon: -

"If they can get you asking the wrong question's they don't have to worry about the answers"

The Tick Square could well have given Davos the pleasure of inviting Ralph Nader into the White House with his vote!

The word plutocracy fits squarely with my thinking, how about you?

~ VF ~

I'm not sure I totally follow your reasoning.  I should have mentioned that we can 'write in' the name of anyone we wish for any position on the ballot.

However, your Pynchon quote is right on the money.  That is precisely, in my view, what the major parties and our corporatocracy have been doing, distracting us with irrelevancies from the real and important issues that confront us.  The corporatocracy is getting it's money's worth.

Doug

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Ready wrote:
V wrote:

V

The older I get, the more I come to believe this statement. Our 2 party system has become a farce. New candidates are fully vetted and indoctrinated into that system before they ever make it to a ballot, which ensures more of the same indefinately.

What's the alternative? It is clearly not "none of the above" even if everyone in the US did this, we would still end up with the same thing.

Unfortunately I completely agree with this. I have never missed a vote since I was able to vote but I doubt very much that I will ever vote again after everything I've learned over the past several years.

goes211's picture
goes211

You don't like our two party system?  Are you a terrorist?

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
goes211 wrote:

You don't like our two party system?  Are you a terrorist?

'Our' two party system's are SH*T!! ... 

... are you a Provokateur?

~ VF ~

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments