Currently taking a college Government course

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
G0tm4xx21's picture
G0tm4xx21
Currently taking a college Government course

And after the first day I've concluded that the professor is full of BS, and is simply part of the pro government propaganda to promote the status quo.

Even better, I made a few comments during the lecture,  and the reactions from classmates tell me that most of them think the same way I do.

I asked the professor what the government should do to control its debt and excess spending, and he said "Go have 4 or 5 kids so THEY can pay taxes". I started laughing, so did a few other students. He was serious.

I'm trying to start a study group through the school's online discussion boards, to discuss the Crash Course and related events. Maybe I can get a lot of people on board

G0tm4xx21's picture
G0tm4xx21
Re: Currently taking a college Government course

Hahaha, this is my term paper assignment (along with 7 other students, who I will soon get to know, and meet up with outside class every week):

"The bailout and stimulus plans, begun in 2008, have raised serious concerns and opposition.  What alternative actions would benefit our nation?"

Looks like the prof is going to get a heavy dose of Crash Course, I've been waiting a long time to get an assignment like this Laughing

Already have plans to do a group viewing of the CC as a primer to brainstorming for the paper.

Ample credit will be given to CM for any charts/info I use from this site as part of my paper, I will most likely publish drafts on here as well to get some input

strabes's picture
strabes

I'm excited for you...you should have fun with this guy.  If he's pro DC-government, let him know he's pro Wall St.  That will throw him off base...no doubt he believes the left/right divide so he doesn't realize how promoting powerful DC is actually just propping up the enforcers for Wall St.  

Have fun with the paper too.  The problem is, the more truthful you are, my guess is the lower grade you will get.  Surprised   

Davos's picture
Davos

Ask him how much we owe. Not just the Federal Debt but everything. www.usdebtclock.org . Should be a good laugh.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

Have a blast!  I would love to have known then what I know now and be in that class!  I am sure I would be sent to the Dean's office! 

PS:  You'll probably receive a failing grade. Frown

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
G0tm4xx21 wrote:

I asked the professor what the government should do to control its debt and excess spending, and he said "Go have 4 or 5 kids so THEY can pay taxes". I started laughing, so did a few other students. He was serious.

It's bad enough that your professor is a water-bearer for the establishment but downright chilling that he would recommend having more children to address debt issues -- even in jest. That's kind of like attempting to get rid of a mosquito perched on your face with the blast of a shotgun. Shows he's truly oblivious to our complex of self-reinforcing problems.

Best of luck, and don't let the vampires get ya down!

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Try asking him if it is true that all money is loaned into exsistance.

Then after he agrees, ask him where the money comes from to pay the interest on all that borrowed money.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Thomas Hedin wrote:

Try asking him if it is true that all money is loaned into exsistance.

Then after he agrees, ask him where the money comes from to pay the interest on all that borrowed money.

+2

That'll make his head explode.

It almost made my burst when I first read about it. I mean.. come on, right?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments