A Critical Call to Action #OccupyWallStreet (video)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
A Critical Call to Action #OccupyWallStreet (video)

!

Travlin's picture
Travlin
A mixed bag

Johnny

This video is a mixed bag. It has several good points but uses them as a springboard to make claims that are over the top.  It is well designed propaganda that will appeal to most Americans. Very few people are actually forced into debt to survive. The desire to consume more than we can pay for makes us complicit personally and drives government spending. Excessive debt is a result of bad decisions and refusal to face reality in a changing world.

I’m glad you posted it. I support the Occupy movement. It is long overdue. But we need clearer thinking than this video showed.

Travlin

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Travlin wrote: Johnny This
Travlin wrote:

Johnny

This video is a mixed bag. It has several good points but uses them as a springboard to make claims that are over the top.  It is well designed propaganda that will appeal to most Americans. Very few people are actually forced into debt to survive. The desire to consume more than we can pay for makes us complicit personally and drives government spending. Excessive debt is a result of bad decisions and refusal to face reality in a changing world.

I’m glad you posted it. I support the Occupy movement. It is long overdue. But we need clearer thinking than this video showed.

Travlin

You make good points and I agree. But the over all message is on the mark. Central banks have to be cut out like a cancer or the problem never will get resolved.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments