tabletop's picture
tabletop
Crisis of Credit Visualized Website

Interesting animated visuallization of the crisis:

http://www.crisisofcredit.com/

pir8don's picture
pir8don
Re: Crisis of Credit Visualized Website

Great post thanks. Loved the way the 'responsible' home owners are thin and the bankers are not.  Wonder if that means anything?

Don

7 billion people can be wrong, very wrong

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Re: Crisis of Credit Visualized

Nice visuals! Excellent!

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

Just finished watching Parts 1 and 2. I like the way they made the concept so understandable in such a relatively short space of time. Wonder if I can get my wife to sit down long enough to watch? Undecided

caroline_culbert
SamLinder wrote:

Just finished watching Parts 1 and 2. I like the way they made the concept so understandable in such a relatively short space of time. Wonder if I can get my wife to sit down long enough to watch? Undecided

Yes!  Do, do!  Tell her "It's just like t.v.!"; Nice pictures and everything!

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Here is a less exciting but much more factual video.

tabletop's picture
tabletop

I struggle getting my wife to "sit down" to digest any of the facts. Last night my tactic was to mute the commercials during her TV show and turn the volume up on my laptop which was playing the CM 4 Myths podcast.  I am hoping that some of it will seap in if she hears it enough in the background. :-)

caroline_culbert
crkeesey wrote:

I struggle getting my wife to "sit down" to digest any of the facts. Last night my tactic was to mute the commercials during her TV show and turn the volume up on my laptop which was playing the CM 4 Myths podcast.  I am hoping that some of it will seap in if she hears it enough in the background. :-)

Too funny!  So?  Did she notice?

tabletop's picture
tabletop

For one brief moment I thought that I had her hooked in.  Then she got up and decided to use the commercials to clean the kitchen.  That should teach me.  If I would have cleaned the kitchen myself, I might have had her. 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
SamLinder wrote:

Bribe her with a turkey leg.

Lemonyellowschwin's picture
Lemonyellowschwin

No offense, but I too think there is a tendency for the man of the house to be more tuned into this stuff than the woman of the house.  Clearly this is not always the case as there are a number of women who are really into this stuff and contributing to this site.  I think men are hard-wired to take on the role of protector.  If it isn't sabre-tooth tigers it is economic collapse.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Better duck Lemon

Mrs. Dogs is gonna holler at you...............

Although I do agree to an extent - in our case I took over as the he man protector once she told me what I was protecting us from.  Cool

Lemonyellowschwin
Re: Better duck Lemon

Dogs,

Mrs. Lemon protects me from social isolation.  She does a good job making sure our evenings and weekends are filled with lots of dates and activities with other families that I don't want to participate in.  But, she tells me, it's for my own good.  So I go.  Then I become the life of the party by telling them how they' should wake up and smell the coffee and prepare for economic collapse.  (This usally causes consternation.)

It's actually quite funny.  My wife listens to me up to a point.  Then she says, "Just cut to the chase!  Just tell me what's going to happen!"  When I tell her, "I don't know, but I think it's going to be bad" she usually walks out, turns on the TV and watches "The Biggest Loser" or "Extreme Makeover Home Edition."

cat233's picture
cat233
Lemonyellowschwin wrote:

No offense, but I too think there is a tendency for the man of the house to be more tuned into this stuff than the woman of the house.  Clearly this is not always the case as there are a number of women who are really into this stuff and contributing to this site.  I think men are hard-wired to take on the role of protector.  If it isn't sabre-tooth tigers it is economic collapse.

Lemon,

You really don't want to go there!  You really don't... Sealed

Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Mrs. Dogs is gonna holler at you...............

Although I do agree to an extent - in our case I took over as the he
man protector once she told me what I was protecting us from.  Cool

Dogs,

You did???

If you think you agree in the least with Lemon, you might not want to come home tonight.  

caroline_culbert
Lemonyellowschwin wrote:

Dogs,

Mrs. Lemon protects me from social isolation.  She does a good job making sure our evenings and weekends are filled with lots of dates and activities with other families that I don't want to participate in.  But, she tells me, it's for my own good.  So I go.  Then I become the life of the party by telling them how they' should wake up and smell the coffee and prepare for economic collapse.  (This usally causes consternation.)

It's actually quite funny.  My wife listens to me up to a point.  Then she says, "Just cut to the chase!  Just tell me what's going to happen!"  When I tell her, "I don't know, but I think it's going to be bad" she usually walks out, turns on the TV and watches "The Biggest Loser" or "Extreme Makeover Home Edition."

Tell her that there's a girl that's really, really interested in you and that you don't know how to blow her off.  Ask her for her adivce.  Then she'll be reading and investigating this site for sure!

caroline_culbert
Lemonyellowschwin wrote:

I think men are hard-wired to take on the role of protector.  If it isn't sabre-tooth tigers it is economic collapse.

I like this idea!  I just wish the men up in Washington would figure it out soon!

Lemonyellowschwin

Great idea Caroline!  Then I can just talk and talk and talk and talk and . . . .

tabletop's picture
tabletop

Caroline,  That is just flat out brilliant.  do you know my wife?  :-)

caroline_culbert
crkeesey wrote:

Caroline,  That is just flat out brilliant.  do you know my wife?  :-)

No.  Should I?  (LMAO)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments