Crash Course Seminar in Broomfield Colorado

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
dps's picture
dps
Crash Course Seminar in Broomfield Colorado

Transition Westminster/Arvada/Broomfield (TWAB) will be offering the Crash Course at:

The Crescent Grange

7901 W. 120th Ave

Broomfield, CO  80020

The dates and times are as follows:

2/17/2010 7PM-10PM (approximately 90 minutes of video followed by discussion until close)

2/24/2010 7PM-10PM (approximately 90 minutes of video followed by discussion until close)

3/03/2010 7PM-9PM (approximately 30 minutes of video followed by discussion until close)

3/17/2010 7PM-10PM (approximately 60 minutes of video followed by discussion about appropriate local community response and participant personal action plans until close)

Discussion will be moderated by Don Studinski, Martenson Brigade Member.  Don has been studying Dr. Martenson's work for nearly 2 years and reads the latest news from Dr. Martenson and others daily on the Chris Martenson website.  This seminar is being hosted by Transition Westminster/Arvada/Broomfield (TWAB) and is open to the public.  The seminar is FREE with a suggested donation of $40 to help with venue rental.  No one will be turned away for lack of funds.

Please join us for this life-changing event.  The next 20 years will be completely different from our past 20 years.  This informative seminar will help you understand why.

Please RSVP to Don at dstudin at yahoo dot com or by phone at 303-248-6677.

Yours in service to our community ... dons

tx_floods's picture
tx_floods
Re: Crash Course Seminar in Broomfield Colorado

I just sent emailed the link to this post to my cousin, who lives in Erie. I hope he shows up! Smile

(Matt - If you followed the link to this posting, go here to watch the Crash Course videos.)

nickbert's picture
nickbert

dps-

Travel plans are still tentative, but odds are good that I will actually be in the Denver area (Arvada actually) for the first two weeks of March.  If that ends up being the case I will make time to be there for the 3/03/2010 showing.  I will RSVP if/once my Denver travel plans are confirmed.

- Nickbert

ckessel's picture
ckessel

Well done Don!

How close to Boulder/Denver are you. I have some friends in that area I have been working on to view the CC and if you are close I will let them know.

Coop

dps's picture
dps

You may contact me directly at dstudin at yahoo dot com.  Hope to see you there.  You will want to mapquest the address because it's not the easiest place to find your first time.   Hugs ... dons

dps's picture
dps

Coop,

Yes, Broomfield is half way between Denver and Boulder on Hwy 36!!!

Crescent Grange is just off the Highway.

Take the Wadsworth / Hwy 287 exit North off of Hwy 36.  Turn East on Midway, then turn South on Nickle.  Stay on Nickle through the light at 120th (trust me), then over VERY ROUGH RR, then STRAIGHT through the Stop sign.  Follow that road through a hard right (you can't go any other way) and a two hard lefts (again, you can't go any other way).  Then say striaght for about the equivalent of 2 city blocks.  The Crescent Grange is a large white building on the North side of the street.  Address is 7901 W. 120th.  I'm going to try to post a picture in my next post.  This may or may not be successful.  I've never tried it before.

Hugs ... dons

dps's picture
dps

No luck with the picture.

Events have been posted for each of the 4 dates.  You can find those events by going to the following link and then clicking on Events, then folow the calendar to each date.

http://transitioncolorado.ning.com/

I'm looking forward to a meaningful dialog with you all.  ... dons

dps's picture
dps

Here's some not fuzzy numbers.  Chris will enjoy this.

Sales Tax Revenue for Broomfield, Colorado:

The December 2009 SCFD sales and use tax revenue was $3,945,100.38 as compared to December 2008 revenue of $3,830,178.77. The 2009 month-to-date (MTD) variance is $114,921.61, which is a 3.0% increase over December 2008.

The 2009 year-to-date (YTD) total sales and use tax revenue is $37,388,300.54 compared to YTD 2008 $41,975,470.95. The variance is ($4,587,170.41), which is a 10.93% decrease in YTD 2009 over YTD 2008.

dps's picture
dps

Further seminar details:

Part 1 2/17:  Crash Course Chapters 1-13.

Part 2 2/24:  Crash Course Chapters 14-17c.

Part 3 3/3:  Crash Course Chapters 18-20.

Part 4 3/17:  Crash Course Summary, Personal Action Plans, Appropriate Community Response Discussion

dps's picture
dps

We enjoyed an informative and engaging evening at the first night of the Crash Course Seminar in Broomfield last night.  We had 15 in attendance and myself.  After we watched chapters 1-13 of the Crash Course we sat in a circle and discussed our reactions to the material and how it made us feel.  The discussion was lively and well participated.  In fact, I had to hard stop it at 9:05PM.  Then, the group discussion ended, but the participants were so interested in discussing it further, they proceeded to break into smaller groups and continued to talk until I told them I was turning off the lights at 9:35PM.  Almost everyone said they would be returning for the other 3 nights.  People came from as far as Fredrick, Colorado to the North and as far as Englewood, Colorado to the South.  I’m very encouraged and glad to be bringing the message to more of my fellow citizens.  I’ve given out my 100 DVDs, but one of the participants last night brought me some DVDs to sell or give away at the Seminar, so I have a new stash.  I hope you are all encouraged by these results too.  Best wishes … dons

dps's picture
dps

Last night we watched chapters 14-17c.

Discussion following was lively and continued to almost 10:30PM.

We had 11 people attend representing a wide variety of ages from just out of college to retired.

This is proving to be a very worth while event for all participants.

Many thanks to Chris for providing the Crash Course!

Hugs to all inserted here ... dons

sjmvideo's picture
sjmvideo

And many thanks to you Don for hosting this event! 

Steven

dps's picture
dps

Last night we viewed chapters 18 & 19.  I read to the group the paragraphs that are on the web site above the Personal Action Plan docs and directed the group to the web site to view chapter 20.  They got the action plan, hard copy, as handouts.  They were given time to read through the questions and get the flavor of what their homework would be over the next 2 weeks.  After that, another lively discussion began.

Each of the 3 nights of the seminar had 12-15 people in attendance.  The participants have varied from night to night, which surprised me, but we did have a core that was consistent each night.  I’m guessing the same will hold true for the final night in 2 weeks.

Here’s the part I find most interesting.  Each night, people were so interested in the community discussion that they stayed talking until they were literally forced out of the building, as in turning off the lights.  I telling you, people would talk to me all the way out to my car right up to the point I was closing the door to drive off.

If you have been hesitating about doing this in your community, please quit.  There seems to be a real hunger for this information and the community discussion that it opens up.  People need to talk about this stuff and they don’t have anywhere to go to do that.

There’s one man’s opinion about it anyway.  Best wishes all … dons

dps's picture
dps

People in Broomfield apparently don't realize we are in a depression. 

The January 2010 SCFD sales and use tax revenue was $2,791,471.19.

This compares to January 2009 tax revenue of $2,730,508.89. The variance is $60,062.30.

This is a 2.23% INCREASE in 2010 over month-to-date (MTD) and year-to-date (YTD) 2009.

This is the third consecutive month of reported MTD increases since August 2008.

... dons

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Thanks Don for hosting the event.  As I mentioned at the seminar, Peak Oil is a tough sell to many Alaskans, but when I get back home I'll see if my dad and stepmom's church group would be interested in setting up a showing of the 45-minute version and see how it goes from there. 

Keep up the good work!

- Nickbert

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Congrats, Don.  As a guy who's currently working with a group of people on a couple of events with Dr. Chris here in my hometown (New Paltz, NY), it's exciting to see you're getting an enthusiastic reception!

Viva -- Sager

dps's picture
dps

Nickbert,

I have 2 copies of the 45 minute video.  If you need one, you may have my extra copy.  Write to me at dstudin at yahoo dot com and tell me if you will be coming to our Transition WAB meeting 3/10.

Thanks!  ... dons

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments