Crash Course promotion at a homeschool site

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
JeffB's picture
JeffB
Crash Course promotion at a homeschool site

We homeschool our kids and I thought this was interesting - http://www.homeschoolfreebie.wholesomechildhood.com/april-4-the-crash-course/.

scoteroni's picture
scoteroni
We do as well, and I'm

We do as well, and I'm walking my sons through the Crash Course segments on this site.  I consider the resource invaluable, and I'm letting them know I believe this information is as vital to their futures as many of the other values we are trying to promote. 

Thank you, Chris.  What you are doing has shaken me awake.

plato1965's picture
plato1965
CC as an educational resource

Just wondering if any conventional schools have considered using the Crash Course as an educational resource. Chris is excellent at conveying complex interdisciplinary material in an easy to understand form.

Whether you act on it or not, the CC is valuable simply as an integrated introduction to Economics and Energy...

JeffB's picture
JeffB
plato1965 wrote:    Just
plato1965 wrote:

Just wondering if any conventional schools have considered using the Crash Course as an educational resource. Chris is excellent at conveying complex interdisciplinary material in an easy to understand form.

Whether you act on it or not, the CC is valuable simply as an integrated introduction to Economics and Energy...

<sarcasm>How could Dr. Martenson's material possibly be used in a traditional school?  As far as I know, he hasn't taken all of those courses that teach you how to teach.  There's no way you can be a good teacher without that.  He may even want to teach math and science without using a calculator.</sarcasm>

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments