Crash Course PAL

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hagar's picture
Hagar
Crash Course PAL

Hi,

I have downloaded and burned the PAL version of the Crash Course DVD. So far two out of two burns have had the same defect, that is that the sound gets bad (missing) from about chapter 14 onward and the DVD srops playing completely by chapter 16 or so.

Has anyone had sucess with the PAL version, if so what torrent stream did you use to download it? I downloaded via the link on this site. OR is it possible that the ISO is corrupt?

Please advise!

Cheers

H

logBurner's picture
logBurner
Re: Crash Course PAL

Most DVD \ CD burning software have a tick box to say verify. Did you tick and what is the result? Adds to time to burn but if having problems then maybe worth it. I burned a PAL DVD, fine so far. Viewed full course on the web so not got beyondd 14 on DVD yet. FYI, in the past I have seen problems with CDs failing with one brand on a particular machine but not another brand,  etc. If verification is successful then try another brand??

HTH

Hagar's picture
Hagar

I am using software that just burns ISO's, no options & its never given trouble before. Its odd that the issue is in the same area, mebe it is a manufacturing flaw in the disc. I will try another brand

Hagar's picture
Hagar

Could you skip to chapter 14 and beyond just to check its not the ISO?  I doubt it is, but before I download it agian (big!).

LtCdData's picture
LtCdData

I came across the CC from a torrent as an avi file. I then used a script I wrote which uses ffmpeg, dvdauthor and mkisofs to create an ISO.  It was only after this did I found out there was an ISO version already available. Doh. Anyway it seems to work ok, so perhaps just making your own might be quicker to do as it is a smaller download anyway. I am sure there are plenty easy tools for that in windows or mac land, for me its FreeBSD.  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments