Crash Course Business Cards

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
GR8TFUL's picture
GR8TFUL
Crash Course Business Cards

Promoting this site via Wikipedia, posting on other internet sites, etc., all make great sense. However, personal one-on-one recommendations to friends, business associates, etc., are still necessary.

One problem I've discovered (after following up & asking people "Did you get a chance to take a look at that web site I told you about?") is that many times the person has not visited the site because (according to them) they forgot &/or couldn't remember the web site's address.

It would probably only cost a couple $100 to have 10,000 very professional, two-sided glossy business cards produced which members could hand out to people they want to recommend the site to. You could offer the cards to members for free, or sell them ($5 for 100?) to cover shipping/handling, &/or add 100 of them to every DVD order.

I think by being able to hand a person an attractive, professional-looking business card, it would add some credibility to the recommendation & increase the chances that the person would actually take a look at the site.

jrf29's picture
jrf29
Re: Crash Course Business Cards

Interesting idea.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

I posted this a while back in the Martenson Brigade forums, but will re-post it here.

It's easy (and quite effective) to print your own business cards on Avery business card stock. I gave out more than 250 of these at the Green Festival:

cctmp.jpg

You can print these up yourself for under $1 in cost. I literally keep them in my coat pocket and "don't leave home without them". It's a very effective way to pass the message out.

Erik

lucasaltic's picture
lucasaltic

I actually uploaded that file to the Martenson Brigade forums.  Unfortunately, I can't upload files here for some reason.  If anyone wants Erik's business card templates in Word format, just email me at [email protected] and I'll send them to you.

Thanks.

Lucas Altic

Director of Volunteer Operations

PeakProsperity.com

http://www.peakprosperity.com/join-our-volunteer-brigade

GR8TFUL's picture
GR8TFUL

Nice to learn you already have business cards made up! However, without trying to offend anyone, may I offer a suggestion?

I have been in the retail business since I was in high school; I'm now 40, & currently own a jewelry store. In any retail business, if you create the appearance of "perceived value", consumers will both desire the product more & be willing to pay more for it. Is Starbuck's coffee really that much better than 7-11 or Dunkin' Donuts? Probably not, but the perceived value is exponentially more, so the consumer desires it & Starbuck's can charge more for it. In my business, there are items that I could sell for $100 and make a decent profit at that price. However, the items looks expensive, & we display them in such a way that suggest that they are special / unique / valuable, and we have found that when we price them at $300 we actually sell more! Same items, different perceived value, so different sales ratio. 

At first glance the business cards you created seem fine in that it has all the pertinent info., etc. However (IMHO), they look a little home-made (no perceived value) and (although I can't quite articulate why they give me this impression) they come off seeming a little alarmist.

Now, I'm the first to agree that what has & is going on IS cause for alarm. However, the purpose of the business card is to act like a hook to get the average citizen to take the time to go to the website and spend 5-10 minutes surfing around. (After all, if their interest isn't peaked after 5-10 minutes they are going to go elsewhere)

All this is simply to say that (again, just my opinion) I think someone with some creative flair should create a full color, two sided business card that is A) looks very professional AND expensive (perceived value) and B) doesn't even give off a whiff of right or left wing political extremism.

Finally, you all probably have seen a TON of youtube videos dealing with related issues. If there are a couple that you felt were especially well done & effective, perhaps you should consider printing the web addresses of those videos, too. Again, the sole point of the business cards is to get the person interested enough to spend 20-30 minutes @ the crash course. Whatever works best to get their attention is what should go on the card.

My $0.02!

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

Great feedback, GR8TFUL!

I have to admit that all things artistic elude me. I had an e-mail exchange with the kind volunteer who designed the DVD cover art, and he may soon be posting a much more artistically-appealing version of the business card art.

Erik

Brandon's picture
Brandon

Sorry for starting a new thread...I was unable to attach files to a comment.  I posted some samples here:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/crash-course-business-cards-samples/...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments