Cramer crushed by Stewart

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rob Z's picture
Rob Z
VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12
Re: Cramer crushed by Stewart

I am disturbed by this battle and still think, even though I voted for this administration, that it is not coincidence that Cramer is being discredited just days after he aggressively criticized the current administration, repeatedly, on national TV.  I love John Stewart but he is euphorically pro current administration. To me, as a lifelong card carrying democrat and child of politicians myself, this just looks like another battle of the rich Titans being played out by the mainstream media for the general public's benefit.  Instead of the players being Fox vs Everyone else, now it is Viacom and everyone else vs CNBC, each side representing their particular political and corporate backers.

However, Cramer did look bad here.  

My paranoid rant for the week.

Denise

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
"Crushed" doesn't come close...........

I watched and Stewart eviscerated Cramer.

Stewart was seething as they watched the old footage of Cramer. For a moment there he looked like a real journalist.

I think it airs again tonight at 8:00 PM EST.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

I sat down last night to watch this not knowing Cramer was going to be on for more or less the whole show. I agree that Cramer was handed his lunch by Stewart, but after it ended I came away thinking that that's how it was planned. Cramer certainly wasn't there to challenge Stewart and only presented the palest of counter-arguments. Almost like it was a big theatrical mea culpa for Cramer with Stewart as the confessional priest.

Along the lines of what you're saying, Dogs, at one point I said to myself this is one of the most honest treatments of this whole mess I've ever seen. The fact that it aired on a network named Comedy Central gives the outsider looking in or self-reflective Americans great insights as to how unserious we've become as a people and how incapable we are of looking after ourselves.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Maine -

Time to use the mid-terms to rise up and make a statement.

If we only get them to put down those damn Wiis, X Boxes, PS2s and other such brain vacuums.

Jarhett's picture
Jarhett

Man that was akward to watch.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Gonna watch it tonight w/the wifely unit. 

And Maincooncat:  that puts it perfectly:  "how unserious we've become as a people and how incapable we are of looking after ourselves."  

Sager 

britinbe's picture
britinbe

It's great.  It's well worth watching, I have just watched it on the net

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments