"Coyote Ugly" and Protectionism

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
tonguefu's picture
tonguefu
"Coyote Ugly" and Protectionism

This is my first 'headline' post, and I hope I don't offend.

I used to think it was funny when I heard the sentence "The USA partied and the rest of the world got the hangover".

owadays I think of it more like this...

The party continued well into the night and went like this... a then came a BAD case of "Coyote Ugly", the USA fell into bed with a NASTY looking partner (years of bad debt EVERYWHERE and expanding money supply or makeup to hide the wrinkles and and saggy bits).

And now the rest of the world (that just woke-up) will have to chew its arm off to sneak away quietly (as best they can, as they are bleeding pretty bad from the wounds).

I am very interested to see when/how the protectionism kicks into high gear and I think it starts with CHINA. I am not blaming CHINA, and if I was in the same circumstance I would do the same.

Thats my 2 cents... debased to .0000002

Cheers

pir8don's picture
pir8don
Re: "Coyote Ugly" and Protectionism

Hi tonguefu

As I understand it, people in china have been slaving and saving their butts off to keep westeners in the style to which they have become accustomed. If I was them I would be a bit 'dissapointed' with the present debt excesses.

If the goods aren't moving from country to country it hardly matters what each does in their own place does it?

Don

7 billion people can be wrong, very wrong

tonguefu's picture
tonguefu

no argument there, unless they all do it at the same TIME

being a 70% consumption nation, how does a country exist when the lenders stop sending the 70% needed to exist?

not arguing... just sayin

pir8don's picture
pir8don

Not sure the country ever existed. If it wasn't always it has at least become a concept of the matrix. Given that resource constraints are either local without transported food or global with. The place that will matter without transported food is the local. While we will no doubt retain communication with other places without transport they will be far less connected than at present. And even what they do may have little impact on your local.

In another way I am saying that it doesn't matter what the US consumes it matters what people need where you are. I suggest that if that is a city then the result of less to consume will be less people.

What do you mean by "unless they all do it at the same TIME"? not sure I follow you there.

Don  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments