The Corporation (Film)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
The Corporation (Film)

About the Film

WINNER OF 26 INTERNATIONAL AWARDS! 10 Audience Choice Awards including the 2004 Sundance Film Festival.

Provoking, witty, stylish and sweepingly informative, THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Part film and part movement, The Corporation is transforming audiences and dazzling critics with its insightful and compelling analysis. Taking its status as a legal "person" to the logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" The Corporation includes interviews with 40 corporate insiders and critics - including Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, Milton Friedman, Howard Zinn, Vandana Shiva and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=192012118972057552

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=192012118972057552&ei=OqqRSaiyC5-G_AGamrSACg&q=the+corporation

Paul

1929's picture
Re: The Corporation (Film)

Great film.

Saw it awhile back on LinkTV. It brings up many great points about the Corporatocracy that exists in our country and abroad. One that stuck with me was how these new legal "people" have inflicted much damage on people, on our economy, on our environment - basically raping and pillaging around - while subscribing to a singular goal...Profit. No need for a conscience if you're returning a dividend to your shareholders.

All else be damned.

IMO...well worth the time to watch this movie. 

Thanks Vanity for pointing it out for those who may have not heard of it. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

thanks for that!

The film says so much of what is close to me.

To Everyone.

Even if the time to watch this film now isn't right, simply clicking favourites on your computer and saving it for a better time has to be a clear step to a better realisation of what a mess we're making of this beautiful planet.

Take Care,

Paul

straight's picture
straight

The way I see it there are two kinds of people on this planet:

mortals [you and me]

immortals [corporations].

Who do you think will amass all the wealth, influence and power?

I think that until that one central issue is addressed, ie until there is fundamental change to corporate law, we are fighting a loosing battle. 

We simply must go back to a human world. Systems made to benefit every day people doing every day things. 

Usery outlawed, no corporations.  Sounds a little dark ages'ish, but there you go... that's progress for ya.

[edited ps.]  The movie is awesome... one of the must watch basics.

cannotaffordit's picture
cannotaffordit

Great stuff.  Thanks for posting it.   And, if you are not familiar with the works of Dr. David Korten, (who lives up here in my area of the Great Northwest) you owe it to yourself.  His "When Corporations Rule the World" and his latest "Agenda for a New Economy" are, IMO, well worth reading.  Also, if you need a little lift, from time to time, try a subscription to his "YES" magazine.  I read it cover to cover, every quarter, and it gets more guest comment than any other magazine I have laying around my house.  The guy is way ahead of his time, and has been for a long time.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re: Dr David Korten

Ben,

thankyou so much for my initiation of Dr. David Korten,I've been busy today digging around different sites and he's a wonderful addition :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Korten

...have you looked into the work of Derrick Jensen also :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Jensen

...seems I've more 'light' reading to do!!Cool

Thanks Again,

Paul

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments