Congressman issues formal charges against Federal Reserve & Sec'y of Treasury Conspiracy, Fraud, and Treason

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Congressman issues formal charges against Federal Reserve & Sec'y of Treasury Conspiracy, Fraud, and Treason

United States Congressman issues formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON.

"Mr. Speaker, I rise to a question of constitutional privilege.

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally with having unlawfully created claims against the U.S. Treasury by unlawfully placing U.S. Government credit in specific amounts to the credit of foreign governments and foreign central banks of issue; private interests and commercial and private banks of the U.S. and foreign countries, and branches of foreign banks doing business in the U.S., to the extent of billions of dollars; and with having made unlawful contracts in the name of the U.S. Government and the U.S. Treasury; and with having made false entries on books of account; and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having unlawfully negotiated U.S. Government securities, upon which the Government liability was extinguished, as collateral security for Fed Notes

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having unlawfully issued Fed currency on false, worthless and fictitious acceptances and other circulating evidence of debt, and with having made unlawful advances of Fed currency, and with having unlawfully permitted renewals of acceptances and renewals of other circulating evidences of debt, and with having permitted acceptance bankers and discount dealer corporations and other private bankers to violate the banking laws of the U.S.; and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having brought about the repudiation of the currency obligations of the Fed Banks to the people of the U.S. and with having conspired to obtain a release for the Fed Board and the Fed Banks from their contractual liability to redeem all Fed currency in gold or lawful money at the Fed Bank and with having defrauded the holders of Fed currency, and with having conspired to have the debts and losses of the Fed Board and the Fed Banks unlawfully transferred to the Government and the people of the U.S., and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having brought about a repudiation of the notes of the U.S. in order that the currency might be given to private interests, foreign governments, foreign central banks of issues, and the Bank of International Settlements, 

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having arbitrarily and unlawfully raised and lowered the rates of money and with having arbitrarily increased and diminished the volume of currency in circulation for the benefit of private interests at the expense of the Government and the people of the U.S. and with having unlawfully manipulated money rates, wages, salaries and property values both real and personal, in the U.S. by unlawful operations in the open discount market and by resale and repurchase agreements unsanctioned by law, and

"Whereas I charge them jointly and severally, with having brought about the decline in prices on the New York Stock Exchange and other exchanges in October, 1929, by unlawful manipulation of money rates and the volume of U.S. money and currency in circulation: by theft of funds from the U.S. Treasury by gambling in acceptances and U.S. Government securities; by service rendered to foreign and domestic speculators and politicians, and by unlawful sale of U.S. gold reserves abroad, and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having concealed the insolvency of the Fed and with having failed to report the insolvency of the Fed to the Congress and with having conspired to have the said insolvent institutions continue in operation, and with having permitted the said insolvent institutions to receive U.S. Government funds and other deposits, and with having permitted foreign debts of the Fed to be paid with the property, the savings, the wages, and the salaries of the people of the U.S. and with the farms and the homes of the American people, and whereas I charge them with forcing the bad debts of the Fed upon the general public covertly and dishonestly and and with taking the general wealth and savings of the people of the U.S. under false pretenses, to pay the debts of the Fed to foreigners; and with having unlawfully failed to report violations of law on the part of the Fed Banks which, if known, would have caused the Fed Banks to lose their charters, and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having conspired to concentrate U.S. Government securities and thus the national debt of the U.S. in the hands of foreigners and international money lenders and with having conspired to transfer to foreigners and international money lenders title to and control of the financial resources of the U.S.; and 

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with the loss of the U.S. Government funds entrusted to their care; and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having destroyed independent banks in the U.S. and with having thereby caused losses amounting to billions of dollars to the said banks, and to the general public of the U.S., and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with the failure to furnish true reports of the business operations and the true conditions of the Fed to the Congress and the people, and having furnished false and misleading reports to the congress of the U.S., and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with having published false and misleading propaganda intended to deceive the American people and to cause the U.S. to lose its independence; and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with unlawfully allowing Great Britain to share in the profits of the Fed at the expense of the Government and the people of the U.S.; and 

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, of having reduced the U.S. from a first class power to one that is dependent, and with having reduced the U.S. from a rich and powerful nation to one that is internationally poor; and

"Whereas I charge them, jointly and severally, with the crime of having treasonable conspired and acted against the peace and security of the U.S. and with having treasonable conspired to destroy constitutional Government in the U.S."

I wish I could report that these charges were made last week - they weren't.  Congressman Louis T. McFadden (PA) brought these formal charges to the floor of Congress on May 23, 1933.  After some discussion and upon the motion of Mr. Byrns, the resolution and charge was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.  After 75 years, we are still awaiting their report. (Excerpts listed above, full speech Link).

Larry

cannotaffordit's picture
cannotaffordit
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 12 2008
Posts: 273
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

 Well excuse me if I seem ignorant, but I can't see why these same charges couldn't be read in an open session of The Congress right now, unless, of course, there's no member of The Congress right now who has the fortitude to do it.

Isn't it interesting how history repeats itself?  Except this time, we seem determined to let them all get away with it.

Can anyone show me where I'm wrong?

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 27 2008
Posts: 1200
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...
Ben A wrote:

 Well excuse me if I seem ignorant, but I can't see why these same charges couldn't be read in an open session of The Congress right now, unless, of course, there's no member of The Congress right now who has the fortitude to do it.

Isn't it interesting how history repeats itself?  Except this time, we seem determined to let them all get away with it.

Can anyone show me where I'm wrong?

Wasn't McFadden assassinated (poisoned) shortly after? Seems to me that everyone that has ever seriously questioned the authority of the FED has wound up dead.

Brainless's picture
Brainless
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 9 2008
Posts: 150
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

 Can someone more knowledgable comment on the explanations about the Federals Reserve that are givin on this website.

http://webskeptic.wikidot.com/zeitgeist-federal-reserve

It is hard to find the truth and this website just made me doubt some things that were said about the Federal Reserve.

 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Brainless - it is indeed difficult to put the Federal Reserve in perspective as there is much propaganda and disinformation.  I suggest you check into the history and mechanics of the Fed, my favorite book on the subject is Ellen Brown's "Web of Debt" - it covers some history and provides the most solid mechanical expose I've read.

The article you linked is rather long and at least for now, I don't have the time to delve into every detail.  But I will comment on what they said about Louis McFadden since this thread is dedicated to him and I'll comment on one vital fact - ownership and control of the Fed.

Louis T. McFadden -

Zeitgeist - Congressman Louis McFadden also expressed the truth after the passage of the bill:“A world banking system was being set up here… a superstate controlled by international bankers.. acting together to enslave the world for their own pleasure. The FED has usurped the government.”

True:  The film implies that McFadden made this quote right after passage. In reality, this quote is part of a speech that McFadden made on the floor of congress in 1932 [http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/3616/flaherty10.html ]. He was actually a support of the Federal Reserve for most of his political career.

My Comment:

I don't think the film "implies" that McFadden made these comments sometime around 1914.  One thing for sure, McFadden's disdain for the Federal Reserve became more and more intense as he watched and chronicled their crimes.     

"He was actually a support of the Federal Reserve for most of his political career."  I am not sure how this conclusion was reached but I think the onus is on the writer to substantiate this claim.  Maybe the writer is implying that the McFadden Act of 1927 was somehow supportive of the Fed.

The link you listed above entitled "The Legendary Tirade of Louis T. McFadden" is a hit piece.  In actuality, McFadden was a courageous patriot who intimately understood banking and the private Federal Reserve.  He joined the First National Bank, Canton, Pa., in 1892; in 1899 was elected cashier, and became its president on January 11, 1916, serving until 1925; served as treasurer of the Pennsylvania Bankers’ Association in 1906 and 1907 and as president in 1914 and 1915. He served as Chairman of the United States House Committee on Banking and Currency during the Sixty-sixth through Seventy-first Congresses, or 1920-31.

Zeitgeist  Once again outraged, Congressman Louis McFadden, a long time opponent of the banking cartels began bringing impeachment proceedings against the Federal Reserve Board. Saying of the crash and depression: “It was a carefully contrived occurrence, international bankers sought to bring about a condition of despair, so that they might emerge the rulers of us all.” -Louis McFadden

Underdetermined: This particular quote is oft-repeated on many sites but a precise origin could not be determined

My Comment:  Quibbling about a specific quote is misleading as Mr. McFadden was very clear in his allegations that the Fed created the Great Depression:

"This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of these United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through the defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Fed and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it. "Some people who think that the Federal Reserve Banks United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lender."

"The danger that the Country was warned against came upon us and is shown in the long train of horrors attendant upon the affairs of the traitorous and dishonest Fed. Look around you when you leave this Chamber and you will see evidences of it in all sides. This is an era of misery and for the conditions that  caused that misery, the Fed are fully liable. This is an era of financed crime and in the financing of crime the Fed does not play the part of a disinterested spectator." 

"Meanwhile and on account of it, we ourselves are in the midst of the greatest depression we have ever known. From the Atlantic to the Pacific, our Country has been ravaged and laid waste by the evil practices of the Fed and the interests which control them. At no time in our history, has the general welfare of the people been at a lower level or the minds of the people so full of despair.

"Recently in one of our States, 60,000 dwelling houses and farms were brought under the hammer in a single day. 71,000 houses and farms in Oakland County, Michigan, were sold and their erstwhile owners dispossessed. The people who have thus been driven out are the wastage of the Fed. They are the victims of the Fed. Their children are the new slaves of the auction blocks in the revival of the institution of human slavery."

Zeitgeist  Not surprisingly, and after two previous assassination attempts, McFadden was poisoned at a banquet before he could push for the impeachment. 

Mostly False

  • True - … that McFadden had one firmly documented assassination attempt when someone shot at him as he as leaving a cab
  • False-… that he died following after contracting of food poisoning at a public banquet (he survived)
  • False -… that he was assassinated. McFadden died of heart failure while under doctors care for intestinal flu.
  • False -… regarding "before he could push for impeachment". In 1932, McFadden introduced a motion for impeachment against Hoover which was voted down 361 to 8. In 1933, he introduced articles for impeachment against Secretary of the Treasury, the Federal Reserve Board of Directors, the officers and directors of its twelve regional banks, as well as some other officials. However, McFadden lost his re-election in 1934 and it never reached the floor.

My Comment:  I am not sure as to the exact wording used in the Zeitgeist video but here's what has been reported: 

October 4, 1936
Attacks on Congressman McFadden's Life Reported

....Commenting on Former Congressman Louis T. McFaddens's "heart-failure sudden-death" on Oct. 3, 1936, after a "dose" of "intestinal flu," "Pelley's Weekly" of Oct. 14 said:

....."Now that this sterling American patriot has made the Passing, it can be revealed that not long after his public utterance against the encroaching powers of Judah, it became known among his intimates that he had suffered two attacks against his life. The first attack came in the form of two revolver shots fired at him from ambush as he was alighting from a cab in front of one of the Capital hotels. Fortunately both shots missed him, the bullets burying themselves in the structure of the cab."

"He became violently ill after partaking of food at a political banquet at Washington. His life was only saved from what was subsequently announced as a poisoning by the presence of a physician friend at the banquet, who at once procured a stomach pump and subjected the Congressman to emergency treatment." /s/ Robert Edward Edmondson (Publicist-Economist)

Who owns the Federal Reserve?

Zeitgeist  It's important to clearly understand, the Federal Reserve is a private corporation. It is about as "federal" as Federal Express. 

Mostly False The Federal Reserve System is clearly owned and overseen by the government...blah blah...

This is the standard answer meant to confuse rather than enlighten.  The "system" may have elements of government involvement but the Federal Reserve Banks are 100% privately owned and controlled.  The Chairman of the Fed has unbridled power - his operational decisions may supersede all "Fed Boards" and the government.

Here are some recent comments made by our "leaders" and MSM regarding the power of the Fed:

Hope this info is helpful,

Larry

Note:  Here's a great video "The Money Masters"

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 2 2009
Posts: 442
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...
Brainless wrote:

 Can someone more knowledgable comment on the explanations about the Federals Reserve that are givin on this website.

http://webskeptic.wikidot.com/zeitgeist-federal-reserve

It is hard to find the truth and this website just made me doubt some things that were said about the Federal Reserve.

 

Was this one statement that concerned you on this page:

It makes its own policies and is under virtually no regulation by the US Government.

Mostly False The Federal Reserve System is overseen by congress. It is regularly audited and reports to congress on a regular basis.

It reports what it wants to report to congress, but is it "regularly audited?"

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...
Pete In Florida wrote:

Wasn't McFadden assassinated (poisoned) shortly after? Seems to me that everyone that has ever seriously questioned the authority of the FED has wound up dead.

Ben -

There were two attempts on McFadden.  One was a failed shooting, and the other was a poisoning from which he recovered.

All in all he was quite a charming character - he was also a supporter of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi's policies aginst the Jews and was a very outspoken anti-Semite.  He ran for the Presidency in 1936 and one of his campaign slogans was "Christianity Instead Of Judaism".

In short - there is a long list of those McFadden pissed off that wouldn't be upset to see him offed that had nothing to do with the Federal Reserve.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Dogs,

Please don't try to hi-jack this thread to the gulag.  You attack the character of the man in an offensive manner while offering no challenge to his official testimony and repudiation of the Fed.  You will not defend the Fed because you can't - instead you attack any rational argument as being flawed by some nefarious notions.  No; you miss the point, the Federal Reserve is illogical, unconstitutional and usurious. 

Larry

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Lighten up Larry -

The post wasn't an attempt to hijack the thread.  The info is straight from his biography.  Read it before you go downrange.  I did not attack his character - I stated facts that illustrate that he had offensive elements in his character - facts you can verify for yourself easily with a bit of effort.  (That argument should sound familiar). 

I provided two sources for you to explore at your leisure.

McFadden was noted for despising the Jewish domination of the banking and finance industry.

He claimed that Jews controlled the American economy and that the United States had to choose between "God and the money changers who have unlawfully taken our gold and lawful money into their possession."

     - From A Concise History Of American Antisemitism by Robert Michael, 2005, Lantham: Rowman & Littlefield, p.180.

McFadden was also a supporter of Hitler and the Nazis' anti-Jewish policies. McFadden encouraged Hitler's attempts to destroy the alleged Jewish control of the German economy, media, education, and professions.

     - From A Concise History Of American Antisemitism by Robert Michael, 2005, Lantham: Rowman & Littlefield, p.186.

McFadden also blamed Jews for president Roosevelt's decision to abandon the gold standard, and claimed that "in the United States today, the Gentiles have the slips of paper while the Jews have the lawful money."

     - From America, Its Jews, and the Rise of Nazism by Arad Gulie Ne'eman, 2000, Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, p.174.

Don't put words in my mouth or presume to know my intent.  I won't defend the Fed because I agree with you 100% that it should be eliminated.  What "rational argument" did I attack?  McFadden was right on the money with his remarks to Congress in 1934 - but I offer another side of the man that was intended to make you consider other possible motivation for him to attack the Fed - other than what we already know - that it was and still is no longer needed. 

Despite the fact that we both agree with McFadden wrt the Fed, the man was what the man was.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

[Ed. note: Removed comment]

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Larry -

Check your PM in a minute please. 

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 13 2009
Posts: 753
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

 

PS - I am hitting the "alert moderator" button because I think that you are attacking me as a "non-secular" person.

Larry,

 

I read all the posts and I did not see such an attack. Can you point it out for me

 

Thanks,

ken

 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

Dogs,

I am not a Christian, Muslim or Jewish person so I cannot be baited by your religious hatred or attacked by your idiotic generalizations.

Next time you show up for a battle of wits, please bring some logic.

Larry

PS - I am hitting the "alert moderator" button because I think that you are attacking me as a "non-secular" person.

Larry -

Until you told me I didn't even know you were non-secular (nor did I care because it's none of my business)

My "religious hatred"????? - Uh, okay, if you say so.  Not sure how you extrapolated that from my posts.

Attributable quotes that are on the Congressional Record are pretty darn specific and not "generalizations" - idiotic or otherwise.  They are merely facts. 

And verifiable facts are generally accepted as logical.

Set's picture
Set
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 26 2008
Posts: 112
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Brainless,

 

This is extracted from your source.  The only change I made was to correct the misspelling of the word accommodate.

 

================================================

"""Zeitgeist:No regulation?

It makes its own policies and is under virtually no regulation by the US Government.

Mostly False The Federal Reserve System is overseen by congress. It is regularly audited and reports to congress on a regular basis.

The conduct of monetary policy by the FRS was indeed intended to be distanced from political influence. However, it is not immune from it. With every appointee, the president and congress exert influence. And in the regular congressional hearings, congress lobbies for their wants and the Fed usually tries to accommodate to some degree. And if the Fed doesn't cooperate, congress can just pass a law or resolution forcing compliance."""

========================================================

 

 

 

 

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=GREENSPAN+EXPLAINS+THE+FED&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#q=GREENSPAN+ADMITS+THE+FEDERAL+RESERVE+IS+ABOVE+THE+LAW&hl=en&emb=0

 

 

I read several other debatable comments, but I don’t have the time to look up sources to back the information required to prove that this site you’ve referenced has an obvious objective and I don’t think that it’s full truthful disclosure.

 

If you watch the following video, you will hear Greenspan admit that the Fed is above the law, which contradict just one of the assertions made in the link you provided us with.  Also, if the Fed is regularly audited, by whom and why would there be a need for Ron Paul’s HR1207 bill?  They may well report to Congress on a regular basis, but they don’t seem to answer to them.   

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Ed. note: Removed comment]

My comment was removed so I will post it again, paraphrased::

I am neither a Christian, Muslim or a Jewish person; so I cannot be baited by bigotry.  Next time you show up for a battle of wits, please bring some logic.

Larry

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Larry -

What in any of my posts was bigotry?

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Ok, I get it.  dogs & chris's monitors - my words should be extinguished because you simply can't handle them...

Yes, move us into survival mode - "you cannot escape what is coming" - yea, we can and yea, we will!

Larry

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Larry -

It's not that I can't handle them, I flat out don't understand your reaction.  The only reason your words should be "extinguished" is because you have written into them something that hasn't happened and isn't true.

I posted facts, with sources.  You went nuts.

You accused me of religious hatred, then edited your post, called it bigotry, yet you can't point to anything in any of my posts that can substantiate your comments.  You can't because there simply isn't anything in my posts that is "bigotry" or "religious hatred" - just attributable statements and facts about Louis McFadden.

And you ask me to bring logic to the discussion?

Good night Larry.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Larry,

I've been reluctant to get involved, but I'm concerned about the hostility in this thread. I hope you understand that I come into this as a neutral party.

I want you to know that I've followed your posts for a long time. In fact, it was because of you that I finally came to understand how right your signature is. Thus, I respect you and your posts and I am dismayed by what has happened on this thread.

I have read your recent posts and those of DIAP and fail to understand what has made you so upset. Perhaps, if you could explain what has caused you concern, this could be resolved. If you prefer to back-channel chat, I'm fine with that. I hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Sam,

Thanks for caring.  I was upset because dogs has told me that he doesn't like talking about the Fed because it may scare away newbies.  He thinks the problem is that the Fed is simply incompetent.  Instead of defending the Fed with logic he chooses to derail the threads instead.  Louis McFadden was a heroic patriot and it troubles me greatly when his words are ignored or somehow diminished by someones version of political correctness, which is really nothing more than a way to stop free speech.  It seems to me that the monitors are quite content to oblige him as it has happened before.  

Yea, I freely state that the Fed is as McFadden said "Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed...This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of these United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government."

At one time I resented the Fed but now things are much more clear.  The Fed is not the problem, it is the tyranny of an ignorant majority that is destroying civilization.

Larry

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Dogs,

I was out of line coming at you - it was wrong, stupid and disrespectful.  Please accept my apology.

Larry

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Larry -

No need to apologize - everyone has an off day.  I was more perplexed than insulted.

Glad you're back.

CB's picture
CB
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 18 2008
Posts: 365
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Here, from today's news, is an item that highlights the problem of racist or anti-semitic views wrapped together with political activism. An anti-semitic racist has shot and killed a guard at the Holocaust Museum in DC. His attempt to arrest the Fed board in 1981 is trotted out and bound together with today's murder. His opposition to the Federal Reserve was in part an association of it with Jewish members of the banking community. Perhaps he had some rational, well founded ideas concerning the problems of fractional reserve banking and the Federal Reserve system - but his racist/anti-semitic views tar everything else he might espouse, and do damage to any just cause he might be associated with.

Anti-semetism is a third rail in any discussion or activist cause. While it is ok for Jewish comedians to make fun and pillory their own, or for black's to use the "N" word and make fun of stereotypes, etc, etc. criticism based on race, ethnicity, or religion - even when it otherwise might be considered well deserved, well founded or accurate, is likely to be construed as "fighting words" when levied at one group by another or by an outsider.

It is an unfortunate fact that clear, unvarnished discussion of some important topics is extremely difficult to keep civil and informative.

Quote:

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2009/06/10/vonbrunn_fed/index.html

When James Von Brunn tried to arrest the Fed

By Alex Koppelman

James von Brunn, the man who allegedly opened fire at the U.S. Holocaust Museum on Wednesday, injuring a guard, has acted on his beliefs before. In 1981, he tried to place members of the Federal Reserve Board under citizen's arrest, but the attempt ended in his own arrest and imprisonment.

(Update: The Associated Press is reporting that guard Stephen Tyrone Johns has died from his wounds.)

In 1983, a D.C. Superior Court jury convicted Von Brunn of attempting kidnapping while armed, second-degree burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a pistol without a license and possession of a prohibited weapon. A Washington Post article on the conviction describes the incident, saying, "Von Brunn entered the board's headquarters at 21st Street and Constitution Avenue NW with a bag slung over his shoulder. He was captured by a guard after running to the second floor, where the board was meeting. He was detained outside the board room and was carrying a revolver, a hunting knife and a sawed-off shotgun." (A shotgun was also reportedly used in the attack on Wednesday.)

becky's picture
becky
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 8 2009
Posts: 113
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

I'm very concerned that from here on out, every time somebody tries to have an intelligent conversation about the Federal Reserve, the mainstream media will quote the person but somehow find a way to include a reference to James Von Brunn.  I hope I'm wrong.

becky

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

[Ed.: Per flag by comment author, have moved the original comment to its own thread.]

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Larry,

I noticed someone has flagged your post #24. I hope the moderators do not edit or remove your post as I think your opinion is valid and should be allowed to stand.

As regards the Fed, people have to quit sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the realities of how the Fed is responsible for much of the financial mayhem occurring in this country.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 3998
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Actually, I'll second that motion....  I'm perplexed as to why anyone would flag this post, it's broadened my knowledge some more, thanks for posting that Larry.

Mike

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

.

Moderator Jason's picture
Moderator Jason
Status: Moderator (Offline)
Joined: Dec 23 2008
Posts: 98
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

No posts will be removed on the basis of global conspiracy speculation (and other "controversial" subject matter), though we may ask that they be moved

I honestly dislike taking any action which I know will upset one or more users.  However the decisions I must make as moderator are not arbitrary: they are based on policies which have been developed beforehand after careful discussion and thought.  Careful thought about the primary mission of this site, and how information is best organized and presented on the site to preserve the focus and informational effectiveness of the central message, especially to new users who may be unfamiliar with what this site is about.

The controversial topics folder is not a dungeon, nor a wastebasket. It is a place where veteran CM users can go to discuss topics which are outside of the main thrust of the site, and which, in our opinion, have a very great danger of deflecting the attention of a new visitor from the central message which we believe it is vital be conveyed.  It is, after all, only for that central message that this website exists.  The function of the main forums is to discuss energy, the economy, and the environment, preparing for a future of expensive energy and less abundent natural resources, and those topics most directly related to them.

Whether the bloodlines of a "demonic cabal" (link in post) have been controlling the world's governments for hundreds of years is an interesting topic for consideration, and we encourage people to consider it.  In the controversial topics folder. 

As always, users should feel free to email me with questions and comments. 

 

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 13 2009
Posts: 753
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

How does one find the "Controversial Topics" folder

 

Ken

 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Congressman issues formal charges against Federal ...

Just to be clear, I just flagged this thread and requested that it be moved to the "Controversial Topics -- Enter at Your Own Risk!" section. I do not want to harm this forum in any way and fear that this thread may detract from the CM message.  I think that this type of discussion merits a disclaimer.

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments