Congratulations Chris

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
csstudent's picture
csstudent
Congratulations Chris

Somebody pointed out this thread on another site I visit.  It's a very pro-obama forum although after reading through the posts, I think Obama isn't far enough to the left for these people.  This thread is a list of web sites that they want banned.  Scroll down to post #48.  It looks like Chris is in good company since google and wikipedia are also mentioned.

http://www.theobamaforum.com/showthread.php?t=1808&page=5

csstudent's picture
csstudent
Re: Congratulations Chris

Here's a direct link to the post I mentioned.

http://www.theobamaforum.com/showpost.php?p=19023&postcount=48 

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Wait - is this a joke?

Is this guy really saying that ChrisMartenson should be 'banned'?
For what?

Confused. On so many levels.
Why is this important?

Aaron

cejstrup's picture
cejstrup

anything by Peter Schiff or Chris Martenson

Wow..These people don't seem to have a clue. I feel sorry for them. Frown  Why not add Ron Paul to the list as well ? He's probably already there I didn't check to see.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Christian,

Quote:

Wow!, I have been looking at some of these terrorist websites. Frightening to say the least. This one in particular http://ronpaulforums.com is an un-american terrorist breeding ground, full of traitorous types who have no place in America.

Looks like they did. Very first post.

Second post:

Quote:

All forms of so-called 'libertarian' thought are infinitely more treacherous than conservatism, and deserve our most urgent attention.

Using dangerous hyperbole like "un-American" and "terrorist" with regards to people who believe in constitutional freedom.

Whew.
Provocative.
I guess I'm their enemy, and deserve their most urgent attention.
Somehow... I think these guys are not the tolerant, kind-hearted and open types that liberals proclaim to be.

Aaron

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Aaron,
This website is a joke right? Please tell me this is a joke...

csstudent's picture
csstudent
castlewp wrote:

Aaron,This website is a joke right? Please tell me this is a joke...

I think it was designed to be a joke(at least I sure hope so).  If you look at the list of main forum topics, I don't know many who would take that seriously.  The problem is that I think some people who have responded aren't seeing this as a joke. 

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Castle,

Brother... I'm not sure it is.

I can't take my eyes away from it. It's like a horrible accident that you dont' want to look at, but your mind can't seem to grasp, so you stare and try with all your might to understand just what the F*** is happening.

I don't even know where to start. Start at the beginning (page 1) and read on. It's... there are no words to describe the pure, unadulturated retardation (I mean that literally - social retardation) going on on that forum.

I'm just at a loss.

Aaron

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

I think it's serious. An ambitious project to stifle free speech. Yes we can!

Here's my personal favorite:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahcion
.....its our right in this country to be able to disagree with the politicians no matter who they are.....hell its our duty to do so

Mr. Obama is going to fix that once and for all.

All I can do is shake my head and sigh. Some of the other bigoted, racist and tyranical ranting isn't even appropriate for posting on a civil forum.

Lets just say I'll be making sure that the sun doesn't set on these types in my neighborhood.

Aaron

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hey Aaron,

looks like they've been guzzling back the 'Soma' again!!!

These are the kind of people who called their kids 'Macaulay' back in the 90's...

Cheers,

Paul

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

There is talk of reviving the Fairness Doctrine to control right-of-centre radio talk shows.  As an outsider, it seems to me that the far-left in America are trying to limit freedom of speech for the right.  They may be making inroads under this new administration.

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

Please do not take my post above as stating Chris to be right-wing.  I have no idea what his political affliation is if he has any.  I believe that was by design on his part.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Hee hee. 

That site is either a really great spoof (oh, the irony of "liberals" demonstrating a severe intolerance for other points of view) or a perfect case-study in the importance of good moderators.

Let's everyone thank the moderators!

My guess is that the site has been trolled.  Meaning there are people stopping by to specifically leave inflammatory, emotional, or misleading posts simply to either amuse themselves at everyone else's expense, or to bring the site down.

At least I hope that's what's going on....

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
cmartenson wrote:

Hee hee. 

That site is either a really great spoof (oh, the irony of "liberals" demonstrating a severe intolerance for other points of view) or a perfect case-study in the importance of good moderators.

Let's everyone thank the moderators!

My guess is that the site has been trolled.  Meaning there are people stopping by to specifically leave inflammatory, emotional, or misleading posts simply to either amuse themselves at everyone else's expense, or to bring the site down.

At least I hope that's what's going on....

Chris, et al:

Look at post #1 on that site: http://www.theobamaforum.com/showthread.php?t=1808

I seriously doubt the real Howard Dean is posting on that forum!

I agree with Chris, this is just a "really great spoof" - albeit somewhat of a nasty one.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

A voice just spoke to me from our cable box and told me the site was legit.  I couldn't hear everything because there was a black helicopter hovering outside my window........................

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Watch your facial expressions. You never know when Cat will denounce you to the thought police.

MiniLuv awaits political dissidents.

That thread reminded me of one of my favorite quotes...

"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits."
-Albert Einstein

Cheers!

Aaron

grl's picture
grl

Do a little sightseeing on this site - past the thread csstudent links to. It's a total spoof guys!!

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Aaron Moyer wrote:

<snip>

That thread reminded me of one of my favorite quotes...

"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits."
-Albert Einstein

Cheers!

Aaron

Aaron,

I love that quote. It explains why no one has ever been able to put a halt to my stupidity all these years - no matter how hard they've tried! Surprised

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments