Community.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
cleo0801's picture
cleo0801
Community.

I live in Ware, Massachusetts and I'm wondering how I can find others, in m area, who are preparing.  If anyone has any ideas!

kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy
Re: Community.

Finding people through this site has been one of the pet peeves for the long-time posters on this site. I've talked to Chris about this and he has convinced me that the technical/social/legal reasons far outwiegh the benefit, until many issues can be reconciled we will just have to connect with people locally in a face to face manner... the way we have done for millenia.

Giving a shout-out about where you live from time to time can be mildly effective, but I wouldn't rely on that method.

By the way I live in Southern Illinois... anybody? anybody?

Steve

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Hi Kemo,

Ok, I'll bite. I've been trying to find folks on Cape Cod since attending Rowe in February, 2008.

Any takers?

SG

Tycer's picture
Tycer

Asheville, NC

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

I live in Milford Michigan....just found a group of local preppers through a small town Tea Party rally!  I'm excited to develop relationships with people who are like minded. It's very hard to live in this world, knowing what I now know, with all the people around me only preparing for tomorrows bar-b-que.  NO one we know is preparing for anything but a full economic recovery.  

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson

A "somewhat" sustainable farming family of several hundred acres southcentral VA.

Robinsons 

deggleton's picture
deggleton

Something to consider is your nearest Transition initiative.  Some are more CC-aware, some are less so.  On this page is a list of links to state sites you can use to either find out what's happening near you or to start something.

tx_floods's picture
tx_floods

I've been thinking about placing an ad in the Community section of Craigslist. Has anyone tried this? I wonder if I'd get responses from kooks and sex freaks, rather than just people wanting to prepare. 

Also, I've found a movement called Slow Food, who seem to be focused on local food. I've traded emails with the local contact person, and hope to find our more. Also, I think that almost any type of gardening group (Master Gardeners, County Extension people, etc) would have an interest in at least a portion of the Three E's. 

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Interesting idea;will consider that.

Meetup.com is another one but no one within hours of me popped up.

SG

sammy's picture
sammy

I am in the Bay Area (Concord CA). If anyone if in the area and is interested in 55 gallon HDPE foodgrade drums I am your source. Free to all CM members. I am willing to ship as well but it is a bit expensive. Sammy

deggleton's picture
deggleton
sammy wrote:

I am in the Bay Area (Concord CA). If anyone if in the area and is interested in 55 gallon HDPE foodgrade drums I am your source. Free to all CM members. I am willing to ship as well but it is a bit expensive. Sammy

Please add a description of the drums.  My principal question:  are they opaque?

sammy's picture
sammy

They are 55 gallon HDPE blue plastic drums. They have a 2" bung to drain and a 1" vent.

Bluenoser's picture
Bluenoser

And another "somewhat sustainable farming family of several hundred acres", located in Northern Nova Scotia.  Also Robinsons. 

Bluenoser

robie robinson wrote:

A "somewhat" sustainable farming family of several hundred acres southcentral VA.

Robinsons 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments