Community Networking

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Futuo's picture
Futuo
Community Networking

There is much emphasis here placed on making new friendships and developing a sense of community. I would like to have section of the forum dedicated to networking with people from nearby localities. I recognize that there not be many people who live near each other, but I know that personally it would be of great help to find any one else who lives near me who also is ready to work to survive. If you guys (as in Chris, Erik, and whoever else runs the site) are up for it, It would be great if there was a page with a map of at least the U.S. on it, and we could click each state and have a flag showing the location of all registered users from that state. We could then be directed to facebook groups, e-mail lists, or whatever for that state and even community. Through organizations like the Campaign for Liberty, there has been much emphasis on growing grass-roots political organization. I think Chris and this site would present an invaluable launchpad for grass-roots social/community organization. Then again it's understandable if you just want to keep this informational and not organizational. I just think we really need ways to find like minded individuals OUTSIDE of all the grassroots political and volunteer organizations out there.

Anyway, I'm from a NW suburb of Chicago. If anyone lives nearby, or just wants to talk, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Unfortunately i'm just a high school senior, but I've got some rather large plans and good experience with grassroots organizing and community building in my small town of Barrington.

Futuo's picture
Futuo
Re: Community Networking
So...are any other users here interested in community networking? Or is the general census to keep things totally informational, with personal interaction limited to the forums?
lundsta's picture
lundsta
I agree networking is a great tool. I am in Oregon.... so a little far :)
krogoth's picture
krogoth

Make sure its a world map. I am in China and Taiwan alot.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments