Community Coordination and Building

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
msnrochny's picture
msnrochny
Community Coordination and Building

So much has been presented on this site about the importance of building a community relative to preparation.  There are some other sites on the web that attempt to link up like-minded people relative to preparation, but frankly, they are poorly run and in some cases their views can be on the fringe at times. One of the wonderful things about this site is that the discussion is typically fact based and extrememe views are not encouraged.

As such, I'm wondering if there is an opportunity to find ways for some of us who live in close geographic proximity to each other to link up through this site, and potentially act as community resources for each other?  By doing so, we could potentially improve our community capabilities, and learn lessons that could be shared with other Chris Martenson readers.

Some other sites I have seen have mapping softward that allow members to identify the geographic region they live in, so that others may reach out to them and connect.  Has this ever been considered for the CM site?  Is this something that people feel might be beneficial?

Poet's picture
Poet
Meetings, Communities, Etc.

Just a couple of weeks ago, someone else posted along a similar vein. You might want to take a look at that discussion:

Are there any regular Crash Course local meeting groups or plans to organize such? (November 11, 2011)
"I realise we have the online forum for this but there is something about meeting up with real people that just seems better to me - not least that real life connections with local people is one of the main things that will help us cope with coming changes..."
http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/are-there-any-regular-crash-course-l...

Poet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments