the clogged Blog

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
plantguy90's picture
plantguy90
the clogged Blog

fWell, as I type now I am experiencng a new problem with the crash course seminar advertising blocking my ability to see what I am typing now, but I will keep trying.

One suggestion I have is that links be created in the forum postings that allow users to get to the last post.  Everytime I hit a post, it always takes me to the first page of that post, it doesn't matter I have tried all the links available to me.  I have satellite internet, my reloading is slow, and it can take me a long time to get to the last post, which is discouraging me from participating in the forums.

admin's picture
admin
Re: the clogged Blog

Do you mean the ad on the sidebar for the Crash Course seminar in Denver is overlaying the window in which you type comments?  If so, just refresh your browser.  You should not have this happening.  If it continues to occur, please let me know the exact page URL.

As for the order of the forum responses, this has been discussed in the past and we have an FAQ about it: http://www.peakprosperity.com/faq/click-recent-comments-link-top-post.  Use the "Comment viewing options" to set your display as you wish.

Ron

JAG's picture
JAG

I have had the same problem with the denver ad, and I think the previous ad, for weeks now. It occurs whenever I start a new thread and it obstructs the input window. I typically have to wait until after I save the new thread to error check my writing via the edit feature.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/node/add/forum/256

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
JAG wrote:

I have had the same problem with the denver ad, and I think the previous ad, for weeks now. It occurs whenever I start a new thread and it obstructs the input window. I typically have to wait until after I save the new thread to error check my writing via the edit feature.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/node/add/forum/256

I had this issue yesterday when I started the Small Biz thread.  I got around it by composing my post in TextEdit and then just pasting it into the browser window.  (I'm using Safari 4.0 under the Mac OSX 10.4.11...)

admin's picture
admin

Ahhh ok... got it.  Sorry about that.  You guys should have said something sooner!    I took care of it.

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90

Just tried the Date -newest first option, and all it did was put my latest post up at #1 under the initial tread and all subsequest posts are still sorted oldest (#2) to newest (end), so its really scrambled.   

admin's picture
admin
plantguy90 wrote:

Just tried the Date -newest first option, and all it did was put my latest post up at #1 under the initial tread and all subsequest posts are still sorted oldest (#2) to newest (end), so its really scrambled.   

plantguy90,

I'm not sure what you mean.  I just changed to Newest first, and it worked as I would expect.  The original post is always left at the top (#1) so users know the topic of the thread.  Every subsequent reply (#2 through to end) is sorted in reverse order by date, with newest first, second newest second, and so on.

Can you give me the URL of the exact thread where you are saying it is "really scrambled"?

Ron

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90

That setting really sorts posts in a wierd order for me, when I have time I will send you screen shots.  So far I am noticing its in this thread also.   Right now I set it to 50 per page so its a bit slow too so I have not checked more threads.  The other thread is http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/why-peak-oil-theory-falls-down-myths-legends-and-future-oil-resources/10314

admin's picture
admin

plantguy90,

I just checked out your settings, and the reason why it seems to you that the posts are "scrambled" is because you have selected "Threaded list - expanded" in your comment viewing options.

A threaded list is one that holds the integrity of replies, and organizes posts in an order that shows the reply relationships.  Therefore if I click "reply" to a post rather than just type something new, it will show a relationship between the two posts by placing the reply immediately below the comment to which is being replied.

If you want a chronological listing rather than a threaded listing, you will need to change "Threaded list - expanded" to "Flat list - expanded."

Ron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments