Cinnamon and Honey, what a miracle

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
Cinnamon and Honey, what a miracle

With all the stress in people's life, whatever that maybe.  You just may need a simple dose of Honey and Cinnamon.  Enjoy the read and Pass it on.  

The Healthier the Population the Better.....shhhhhh don't tell Big Pharma.  Enjoy

It is found that a mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Ayurvedic as well as Yunani medicine have been using honey as a vital medicine for centuries. Scientists of today also accept honey as a very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases. Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients.

Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada, on its issue dated 17 January, 1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by Honey and Cinnamon as researched by western scientists.

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, chappati, or other bread, instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also those who already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.

Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as age the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalizes the arteries and veins.

INSECT BITES: Take one part honey to two parts of lukewarm water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder, make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly. It is noticed that the pain recedes within a minute or two.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.

In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

HAIR LOSS: Those suffering from hair loss or baldness, may apply a paste of hot olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath and keep it for approx. 15 min. and then wash the hair. It was found to be effective even if kept on for 5 minutes.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.

TOOTHACHE: Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth. This may be applied 3 times a day till the tooth stops aching.

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder
mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to
reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken 3 times a day, any Chronic cholesterol is cured. As per information received in the said journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses.

INFERTILITY: Yunani and Ayurvedic Medicine have been using honey for thousands of years to strengthen the semen of men. If impotent men regularly take two tablespoon of honey before going to sleep, their problem will be solved.

In China, Japan and Far-East countries, women, who do not conceive and need to strengthen the uterus, have been taking cinnamon powder for centuries. Women who
cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half teaspoon of honey
and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.

A couple in Maryland, USA, had no children for 14 years and had lost hope of having a child of their own. When told about this process, husband and wife started taking honey and cinnamon as stated above; the wife conceived after a few months and had twins at full term.

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomachache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India & Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient, which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly arrests the ravages of old age. Take 4 spoons of honey, 1 spoon of cinnamon powder and 3 cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.

Life spans also increases and even a 100 year old, starts performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of Honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS: Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month 3 times a day.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon power in equal parts, are more alert and flexible.

Dr. Milton who has done research says that a half tablespoon honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3.00 p.m. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.

BAD BREATH: People of South America, first thing in the morning gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water. So their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder taken in equal parts restore hearing.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
Re: Cinnamon and Honey, what a miracle

Finding lots of healing in turmeric,cumin and other spices.   They explorers may really have been looking for spices and not always gold .  All over the Bible  the spices rank with gold and silver for treasure.   Kind of fun looking up all the references and uses.

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1

Whats the harm?  Just make sure you also see a doctor for about half the things listed.  I love cinnamin and honey so I think I'll be using more of them.  Thanks for the post.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

Add Saffron to the list for anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagen properties. At one time it was worth more than gold, maybe this is why...

http://www.ebmonline.org/cgi/content/full/227/1/20

PlicketyCat's picture
PlicketyCat

I think the key is honey and any "warm" spice - like cinnamon, tumeric, ginger, clove etc.  Honey is magical bee spit, with all our technology we still haven't figured out how to make it synthetically. Perhaps bees are "Angels". You read a few things about the "cool" spices -- like mint & wintergreen -- but those are typically only for inflammation (Bengay's lovely fragrance is a result of high concentration of wintergreen in the liniment). One of the best topical anti-inflammatory treatments I ever used for sore joints was capsacin (pepper juice)... just don't touch your eyes, nose, mouth or pink parts afterwards!

When you consider that most pharma is created, at least in part, from organic materials or to mimic the properties of organic materials it just makes sense to cut out the middle-man and go direct to source. Organic medicines require a little more care and tweaking to get the dosages just right for each indiviudal... but that's the beauty of holistic medicine - it treats the whole person, as a unique individual. Gosh, what would our health system do if they actually had to spend time on each and every patient rather than doling out boiler-plate palatives?

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

What have you found to be the best source for whey powder ?  I would like to buy it in bulk .

jneo's picture
jneo

Hey Full Moon, You may want to check out Bodybuilding.com, Dpsnutrition.com or Bulknutrition.com  All great sites to help build some muscle.  

nickbert's picture
nickbert
JK121 wrote:

Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada, on its issue dated 17 January, 1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by Honey and Cinnamon as researched by western scientists.

Um, I'm sure honey & cinnamon do have health benefits and I don't mean to be a buzzkill.... but isn't that source they referenced, the Weekly World News, that black-and-white tabloid you sometimes see at the supermarket counter?  Famous for articles about "Bat Boy" and "UFO Alien having affair with Hilary Clinton" and the like? 

http://weeklyworldnews.com/

Hey look, on the front page there's a piece about the HAARP project just a hundred miles away from me.  Oh, and apparently Megan Fox is a man.... And on that "Crying Game" note, I will shut up now Smile.

- Nickbert

ao's picture
ao
Full Moon wrote:

What have you found to be the best source for whey powder ?  I would like to buy it in bulk .

Designer Whey Protein (natural flavor with no artificial sweeteners) from vitacost.com.  If you find equal quality whey powder at a cheaper price anyplace else, let me know.

jneo's picture
jneo

Then just google it, multiple sources support the two ingredients.  

Alternative media is where it's at.  Didn't you hear, Hilary is a Reptile.  

You should of caught lasts night Coast to Coast A.M.  haha

nickbert's picture
nickbert
JK121 wrote:

Then just google it, multiple sources support the two ingredients.  

Alternative media is where it's at.  Didn't you hear, Hilary is a Reptile.  

You should of caught lasts night Coast to Coast A.M.  haha

No I didn't catch that... I'm still pre-occupied and reeling from that news about Megan Fox Wink

- Nickbert

ao's picture
ao
JK121 wrote:

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.

In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

HAIR LOSS: Those suffering from hair loss or baldness, may apply a paste of hot olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath and keep it for approx. 15 min. and then wash the hair. It was found to be effective even if kept on for 5 minutes.

TOOTHACHE: Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth. This may be applied 3 times a day till the tooth stops aching.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder taken in equal parts restore hearing.

While I know this post is well meaning and I'm a BIG proponent of natural, nutriceutical, homeopathic, and other non-pharmaceutical remedies, there have been a plethora of e-mails on similar subjects touting one substance or another as a this-cures-anything-and-everything remedy.  I think we need to approach information such as this with a fair amount of scepticism.  Looking at just 4 of the subjects mentioned, I have strong, strong doubts.  With regards to the arthritis claim, I would be very interested (sincerely) in seeing the literature citation for this study.  I've looked at alternative treatments for arthritis for years, some valid, some not so valid, and I have a hard time believing this.  With regards to the hair loss, if you believe that one, I'll trade you your PMs for a bridge in Brooklyn.  Toothache?  Try having an abscessed tooth and see how long it takes the tooth to stop aching.  It will ... eventually ... when you're dead.  Hearing loss?  I guess this one has been suppressed by the hearing aide companies.;-)

Both honey and cinnamon have wonderful health properties but a number of these are very, very far fetched.

P.S. Hopefully Jason won't delete this post because my language is too harsh.  I'm trying to be kind.

[Ed. note:  . . . and you are suceeding very nicely.  Thank you.]

jneo's picture
jneo

Not harsh "Jason the Monitor" Don't delete, every opinion should be allowed.  Laughing

jneo's picture
jneo

Ok instead of starting a new thread, I'll expand off of this one.  List your favorite supplements that you use

1. Resveratrol

2. CoQ10

3. Alpha Lipoic Acid

4. B-complex

5. Tumeric

6.  L-carnitine

7.  Green Tea/ White Tea

8.  Acai

9.  Fish Oil

10. Beer

And To top it off, I eat pretty clean and exercise.  

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1

Don't forget Flax seed oil  (the burps are nicer) and vitamin D.

jneo's picture
jneo

almost forgot Vitamin D.  I do have that too.  Chia seed is way way better then Flax.  

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1

Anecdotally, I just now decided to brew a cup of hot tea instead of the usual second cup of coffee.  Instead, at the last minute, I decided to add only honey and cinnamon with the hot water and I can tell you it's fantastic!  My new second cup will be hot water, honey and cinnamon.  

Love the thread.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I have a  close Pharmacist friend at Walmart , it drove him nuts that we are not users of mainstream med . To him Holistic Dr.s are voodoo Dr.s  no matter that they went to the same amount of school .   Now I see that  Walmart too has more and more nutritional supplements .  They really like covering their hind ends $$$  don't they ?  Our church is full of people in the medical profession ... talk about treading lightly on some subjects  SealedorMoney mouth.   And if the health and insurance really wanted people well they would cover preventative maintenance instead of waiting until you were sick ....

JAG's picture
JAG
Rosehips

Does anyone grow and use their own rosehips here? I know that in hard times of yesteryear, people used rosehips for there Vitamin C content. Can anyone explain the process?

• What specific rose bushes are best?
  • How and when to harvest?
  • How to ingest and/or incorporate into cooking?

Thanks in advanced....Jeff

ReginaF's picture
ReginaF
Re: Rosehips

Hi Jeff,

as a child I'm used to do a lot with rosehips - and now I've started again a) to have more Vit C in wintertime and b) by building a hedge with the bushes to have a bit of protection.

To your questions:

- I personally like most Rosa Canina - but you can use other Rosa types (R. rugosa, R. rubigionsa, R. carolina....)

- We harvested them in October, before the first frost came.

- How to use them: Jam (without Kernels - and with apples and honey and/or sugar), Soup (without Kernels); Juice (canned is more delicious), Ketchupsauce (without kernels, but with oregano, thymian) and/or to make tea. Its possible to mill the kernels and use them as an additional ingredient for bread. And I ve heard, that you can make a very delicious booze from them (but never have tried personally)

All the best from a frosty nigth in northern-germany
Regina

ReginaF's picture
ReginaF

...to see some of the varietys here a link to some wild roses for rosehips from a nursery in my neighbourhood:

http://www.baumschule-horstmann.de/shop/exec/browse/89/Wildrosen.html

Saffron's picture
Saffron
Re: Favorite supplements

Cod liver oil (more vitamin D than fish oil)

Coconut oil (energy) and topically mixed with shea butter - great for skin

Diatomaceous Earth (hair, nails)

Cayenne pepper

when fighting something:

Elderberry syrup, Silver and a concoction made up of raw apple cider vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper and ginger mixed in hot water.

JAG's picture
JAG
Rosehips

Thanks Regina....that helps a lot.

All the best...Jeff

propamanda's picture
propamanda

You guys know that in North America, when you buy a jar of "cinnamon" you're really getting a different but similar tasting and cheaper plant called cassia, right?  It's a related plant and it may share some of the same chemical properties, but just so you know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamomum_aromaticum

http://www.theepicentre.com/Spices/cassia.html

Cassia (Cinnamomum aromaticum, synonym C. cassia) is an evergreen tree native to southern China, Bangladesh, India, and Vietnam. Like its close relative Cinnamomum verum, also known as "Ceylon cinnamon",[1] it is used primarily for its aromatic bark, which is used as a spice. In the United States of America, cassia is often sold under the culinary name of "cinnamon', a practice banned in many[which?] other countries

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
spectrabil wrote:

And I ve heard, that you can make a very delicious booze from them (but never have tried personally)

Hi Regina -

When I was growing up (according to Cat I still have a long way to go) my Dad and I used to make wine with rose hips.  We used about 20 pounds of hips to make 15 gallons of rose hip wine.

Hope you are well.  No frost yet here in Virginia.

ao's picture
ao
We're on the same page

JK121,

I see we're on the same page here.

1. Fish oil

For Rocketgirl, I prefer it to flax oil (although I'll take flax oil too) because the ALA to EPA and DHA conversion process becomes less efficent as one gets older.  BTW, a good quality molecularly distilled fish oil, when consumed with food, usually will overcome the burps.

2. CoEnzQ10

3. Alpha lipoic acid

4. Acetyl L-carnitine

5. Resveratrol

6. Turmeric

7. High quality multi - Standard Process is one of the best but I'll usually get Vitacost's house brand, NSI

8. Vitamin D3

9. Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols

10. Vitamin C with bioflavinoids

Also take B complex (but not too high due to potential B6 overdose problems), Brazil nuts for selenium (just 2-3), almonds (for anti-carcinogenic properties and other nutrients), lecithin (for heart and brain), chlorella occasionally (for heavy metal chelation effect), glutamine, whey protein, a dark green leafy veggie every day (for phytonutrients, Mg, etc.), pro-biotic, joint sulfates, etc.  Also will use immune system boosters and adaptogens on rare occasion if needed, eat very well, and do a variety of different exercise regularly.

Plus, I'm addicted to blueberry pomegranate juice and kombucha.Smile

jneo's picture
jneo

Oh God Pharmacists.  I got a buddy who is the same way.  That industry is just another by-products of monetary economics, where patch work is rewarded. 

"Capitalism makes food a source of Profit not Nutrition"    Hmmm McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, White Castle, Jack in a Box.  Hmmm maybe that's why we have this issue of universal healthcare.  

Make the population sick, then shovel in the Profits.  Make cars inefficient, then shovel in the Profits, make batteries inefficient then shovel in the Profits.  Or to sum it up.  Do Not solve human Problems/conditions, then shovel in the Profits.  

rocketgirl1's picture
rocketgirl1

Instead of peanut butter try organic almond butter.  Taste similar yet is vastly better for your health.  Taste great on celery with raisins and sunflower seeds.  damn, gotta get some now that I'm thinkin of it.  See what this thread does?

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

What I am thinking is that if  the price of oil / or inflation goes up they will be raising the prices of the things that come from afar . (Sailboats may be in more demand for sure )   I am stocking up on these items plus  buying vodka to make all the tinctures .     I am making tumeric tincture right now .   Somehow it sem the things we can take subligual really takes a lot less . It goes straight into the blood and bypasses much digestion .      Anyway I need to study more of what we have in the wild in our area.   

Also we have found that making the  yogurt from raw milk  has  our family off buying probiotics . Think of the savings there !    Oh My this has been a wonderful  bartering item as well  .  

We are not trying to find the fountain of youth here , just trying to build up and live a healthy life that we have been gifted .

ReginaF's picture
ReginaF

Hi Rick,

Wine from rosehips, that sound very good! Will test it - I have never made wine from fruits before, but my parents and grandparents are used to do it, especially from berries - I remember very well those big glass-containers in our kitchen... To get wine from rosehips sounds a bit more complicated, as to say - Advanced wine making!

Very best greetings,

yours Regina

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

rocketgirl,    

Do you make your own almond butter and sunflower seed butter ?   I would like the best  way to make them .

I am sure these would be good in homemade granola and power bars .  Then we could add the cinnamon and honey from above and  give them for Christmas gifts in the bugout bags,oops stockings along with the wind up flashlights !    This is what the  St. Nicolas had in mind ,right Innocent.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments