ChrisMartenson.com mentioned in Mike Rupperts Blog

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
castlewp's picture
castlewp
ChrisMartenson.com mentioned in Mike Rupperts Blog

This quote was in Mike Rupperts blog.  Not quite sure what to make of it though. 

"The Chris Martensen website that everyone's talking about underscores the insidious way in which exponents creep up on you. In the end they're still moving at the same rate but my, how they've grown. And when a monster creeps, the world shakes."

http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/

switters's picture
switters
Re: ChrisMartenson.com mentioned in Mike Rupperts Blog

I love the "that everyone's talking about" bit.  Bravo!

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Old Mike sure has a way with the words 'don't' he...

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Sure does.  I think it was a compliment.  He has been on the Peak Oil topic for years and I think the message is finally catching on that we are in big trouble. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re:Some Cool Stuff On Mike Ruppert!!

Hey Castle,

have you heard of the book he wrote in 2004 called 'Crossing The Rubicon'? It's quite a sensational tomb, filled with some really gritty stuff. The older the book gets the more prescient our Mr Ruppert gets. Heres a paragraph from page 22 :-

" Global demand for oil and natural gas is faster than new supplies are being found, and the world population is exploding. Currently the world uses between four and six barrels of oil for every new barrel that it finds, and the trend is getting worse. Natural gas use is exploding while the rate of new gas discoveries (especially on the North American continent) is plunging. "

The gossip gets juicier when you dig a little harder and, finds like :-

" 2006 - Ruppert announced that he was leaving the United States permanently, citing years of harassment for his ongoing dissident activities. "

...within the first paragraph of his page in 'Wikipedia' :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ruppert

The best is yet to come if you like long and suspense-filled talks with huge audiences on stuff that nobody was even anticipating on financial crashes. I seem to remember he told the audience to get out of debt as quickly as you can at the time, though I think his idea that things were going to happen a little sooner than this; you never can tell. Heres the talk anyway :-

'The Decline Of The American Empire At The End Of The Age For Oil'

" Critics

Columnist Norman Solomon has argued that Ruppert has a flawed analytical model. "Some of the problem is in how he characterizes news reports. These citations can be narrowly factual yet presented in a misleading way. Yes, such-and-such newspaper reported that thus-and-so claim was made by so-and-so. The paper reported on the claim, but that doesn't mean the claim is true."

Ruppert's reply to Solomon's criticism, "Most of our critics, notably David Corn of The Nation and self-anointed media critic Norman Solomon, have gone silent as both our reporting and predictions have been completely validated by events."  "

Told you it was juicy. I don't really know how much credibility he still carries but its yet more advertising of the Crash Course for Chris...

Take Care,

Paul

castlewp's picture
castlewp
Re:Some Cool Stuff On Mike Ruppert!!

Hey Paul,

Just finished Crossing The Rubicon yesterday.  Pretty powerful stuff.   

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Castle,

its very spooky stuff with the team from 'The Wilderness' digging in deep through a mass of details both related to each other and not. I avidly read the book about 7 months ago and now go back to it for reference pieces. He's been fully aware of the implication of Peak Oil for quite some time it seems as, he was interviewed alongside Matt Simons in the film 'The End Of Suburbia. I've just found him on the trailer where he says, "future growth is not possible" :-

...I think through him I found the film also and, that lead me to Richard Heinberg from the film and, his book, 'The Party's Over'. Also, James Howard Kunstler, 'The Long Emergency'. Have you caught either of these? If you haven't, then for me, the money is on Kunstler. The first 2 paragraphs of the book start with the heading :-

" Sleepwalking Into The Future

Carl Jung, one of the fathers of psychology, famously remarked that "people cannot stand too much reality." What you're about to read may challenge your assumptions about the kind of world we live in, and especially the kind of world into which time and events are propelling us. We are in for a rough ride through uncharted territory.

It has been very hard for us - lost in dark raptures of nonstop infotainment, recreational shopping, and compulsive driving - to make sense of the gathering forces that will fundamentally alter the terms of everyday life in technological society. Even after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, that collapsed the twin towers of The World Trade Center and sliced through the Pentagon, we are still sleepwalking into the future. We have walked out of our burning house and we are now headed off the edge of a cliff. Beyond that cliff is an abbys of economic and political disorder on a scale that no one has ever seen before. I call this coming time the Long Emergency. "

...Kunstler is a gritty journalist and a damndable fellow because, he holds no punches and knows exactly where to hit me. The expression "Cruel To Be Kind", will more than likely be his epitaph.

I found this recording of him at the New Urbanism in Monterey CA, from February 2004 :-

..I think you'll get my meaning about those 'Punches' from this recording!!!

As a technicality, I read 'Heinberg's' book over the space of a week, but with 'Kunstler', I read him in the space of about 8 hours and in one sitting; only just enough space for breathing!!

Amazon.com :-

http://www.amazon.com/Long-Emergency-Converging-Catastrophes-Twenty-First/dp/0802142494/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233679479&sr=8-1

...I've yet to get a copy of his book, 'World Made By Hand', but I've emigrated from England to Hungary - its on my 'To Get' list.

Was there a part of 'Rupperts' book that particularly struck you?

Take Care,

Paul

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Hi Paul,

It's great to find someone who has read his stuff.  I don't bring it up here to often because his view is somewhat controversial.  This is where I first got into his research and have been enthralled ever since.

His book is where I first learned of Peak Oil.  What struck me most in his book was first how accurate his predictions have become since.  Also, I always had a weird feeling about 9/11 and he really spelled out compelling evidence of all that was going on that day.  I noticed he kept repeating that "Wall Street is the CIA and the CIA is Wall street" 

After just finishing the book, it is all overwhelming and frankly scary as shit.  So, I can just tell you that it was an incredible read.  I never look at anything the same since.  Maybe I should have taken the red pill.

This book is the only book on this subject in the Harvard Library and there has been no one to refute it.  He has a new book coming out shortly which I am looking forward to. 

Bill

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Bill,

its a sad fact of life that we've most definately been lied to. Also in the way that anyone, even well known household names that tried to confront news media on the subject of 9/11 were shot down in flames. The worst case has to be Fox (Faux?) News who have a (shall we say) way of slanting the public view with statements such as, "People say that...", "Its well understood now that..." - I can nolonger watch or hear a second of Bill O'Reilly :-

...what I would give for 5 minutes in a small room with Bill and a length of 2 by 4 with a bunch of 6 inch nails hammered in it only you and God know!! I gather there's a que...?

I think Zeitgeist The Movie was one of those films that has a deserving edge in waking people up to at least using more 'Critical thinking' with part 2 of the first film and the 9/11 section. I'm linking both of the films below as they're very much in lock-step with Ruppert in my opinion and worth watching through again after reading 'Rubicon':-

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

...I'm still not too clear on the religous implications at the begining and I'll simply leave that to posterity (or when someone can clarify it to me further) because, I believe the message of the film was damaged by all the negative press on this section at the time; damaging the power the film could have had in a similar way that Alex Jones appears to have smashed 'The 9/11 movement with 'His' brand of fear ruled media.

I hear a great deal on a subject called 'Cognitive Disonance' :-

" Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two contradictory ideas simultaneously " :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

...I think plays well as a researched reason as to why so many people remain indifferent to facts like 'Peak Oil' and 'Global Climate Change', even though the facts are conclusive. Aka 'Fox News' and other media on a global scale 'appear in my eyes' to muddy the water or use illusive tactic; I think the amount of people I direct to Chris Martenson.com who choose not to watch and learn the stern realities we find here are a case in point.

The amount of attacks administered to Micheal Ruppert throughout his book 'Crossing The Rubicon' have been designed to undermine his status, and so in the eyes of the general public it is proven that his name has became a pariah. I think this is a very important point because he must be being attacked for a reason? Maybe, like Icarus, he flies too close to the sun...

One person who I feel is very intriguing has to be Rupert Murdoch :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

...along the lines of how many newspaper groups he owns, the 100's of radio stations he's purchased over the last 15 years after the ruling for multiple radio media companies was altered in the USA and, most importantly, his ownership of 'The Fox News Network'. This is a man very worthwhile studying more indepth. As an example, there is much to believe that he played a great part in altering the allegiance of 'The Sun' Newspaper in England from Conservative to Labour in the 1997 elections, helping Tony Blair win in a similar way that George Siros spent Millions of Dollars of his influence to help defeat the Republicans in the last elections in the USA. Just my 2 cents...

I'm holding my ground as best as I can since finding out about Peak Oil. My eyes are open to future developments simply because I'm Wide Awake....

Take Care,

Paul 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments