Chris Martenson on Two Beers With Steve

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy
Chris Martenson on Two Beers With Steve

This podcast was titled 'A World Worth Inheriting' because of a statement he makes in the interview.

You can also download from my website www.2beers.com

Or you can get it directly through Itunes, please subscribe, it helps get me ranked higher in my Itunes category.

plato1965's picture
plato1965
Re: Chris Martenson on Two Beers With Steve

I liked the issues vs values theme... as an (initially) hyperanalytical type I came late to that sort of understanding... but when I did it struck me as a revelation.

If I can suggest a theme... it would be taking the challenging road, and building to last..

Not squandering our mineral, soil, hydrocarbon wealth and dealing with the aftermath later (cf Greenspan - let the bubbles happen then mop up)..

To modify JFK's mesmerising rhetoric..

We choose to live sustainably, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.

And from Reagan...

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

Steve,

Thanks for the great work you do with 2BWS. I'm off to the gym now and just downloaded A World Worth Inheriting to my iPhone...

Erik

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Re: Great podcast!!

Steve and everyone on the podcast (Joe, Larry and Paul?), what a great podcast with Chris!  It's such a valuable treat to be able to listen to the conversation and exchange of ideas between you and Chris.  

Chris or others who work on the CM site, have you ever considered moving the podcasts with Chris  up to a higher level, so people see/find/are reminded of them more easily?  E.g., maybe as another tab next to "Chris's Blog"?  These are such valuable resources, it seems like they should be offerred more prominently than a regular thread topic, which disappears from view in a day or 2.  I did notice (after the fact) that the podcasts are visible if you look under one of the upper menu selections (I think "Stay Current").  But I never noticed them there before.  Just a thought.

Really excellent material, thanks for doing!

SteveW's picture
SteveW

Steve, great podcast. I particularly like the World Worth Inheriting framing.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments