Chris Martenson on The Financial Sense Newshour

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Chris Martenson on The Financial Sense Newshour

Anyone listen to this? He's got the link posted on the front page.

Damn Chris. This interview is VERY VERY VERY good. You're best one yet. 

So good, that in 2012, I am going to give you ONE BILLION US dollars. 

Use it to take your wife and kids to the local pizzeria. Sorry, you'll have to take care of the tip yourself. Surprised

No seriously. GREAT job. Just emailed the link to all of my family and friends. 

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Re: Chris Martenson on The Financial Sense Newshour

FYI. It's my humble opinion that if The Financial Sense Newshour has your ear, then you've hit the big time.

These folks aren't charlatans. They're not clowns. There are in fact, a consortium of very intelligent, no brilliant minds, that really look at all angles. They don't put phonies or political agenda driven folks on their site. Ever. 

ALL of my friends read it daily and listen to the podcasts weekly. It's the best unfiltered, non-agenda financial news out there IMO. 

TimesAwasting's picture
TimesAwasting

Hi Chris... just gave a listen and you did a great job! Clear, concise... good intro for folks; it ought to bring a a bunch of new eyes to the site.

Only problem I had listening was I kept saying to myself, "but wait... there's so much more...". Amazing how fast an hour goes by! Congratulations, truly outstanding work!

maveri's picture
maveri

I thought the show went well too :-)

I was wondering how much free reign they would give you or wether they would try and drag the Crash Course back to being Economy focused only but they didn't - they gave quite a lot of poetic licence indeed and your delivery was excellent and kept the topic of conversation as being relevant and not some 'pie in the sky concept'.

I loved how you emphasised that your extremely optimistic about the future and because of your prepardness you feel optimistic about the future - that was key in my opinion - so much doom and gloom out there that people switch off becaue they are overwhelmed and don't know what to do - your adding that action is needed now and that some folk who don't act may find it difficult was so tactfully put - poetic almost LOL.

Interesting how at the end they said they had their own definition for the whole concept, which they referred to as 'crisis' which showed they also were thinking along the same lines (at least that's the impression I got).

Loved the comment about you (Chris) should have been a teacher! It's true - of all the teachers I remember that impacted me where the one's who could impart knowledge and get me to see the very insights they had - I have found you do exactly this with the Crash Course. Great teachers in my book simplify a matter to it's essence then impart that knowledge in an unforgatable way so that dim minds are enlightened.

Nice work and well done Chris.

:-)

suesullivan's picture
suesullivan

I just finished listening to it as well, and I was very glad to hear you get another audience. And I have to add my voice to the chorus praising your communication skills -- your clarity of both thought and delivery cannot be improved on, and with a message as important as yours, I'm grateful you can bring those abilities to bear in the telling of it.

cat233's picture
cat233
maveri wrote:

Loved the comment about you (Chris) should have been a teacher! It's true - of all the teachers I remember that impacted me where the one's who could impart knowledge and get me to see the very insights they had - I have found you do exactly this with the Crash Course. Great teachers in my book simplify a matter to it's essence then impart that knowledge in an unforgatable way so that dim minds are enlightened.

Nice work and well done Chris.

:-)

I second that.... Chris is a great teacher!  He has changed my life in so many ways, all for the positive.

Just this morning I was having a a discussion with my daughter regarding the handful of really good teachers in my life.  I certainly remember them and think about how they have impacted my life. 

Sadly, I also remember those teachers who weren't so nice as a person.  I cannot think of them for any other reason.

Cat

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments