Chris Hedges Interview

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
land2341's picture
land2341
Chris Hedges Interview

Clocking in at 3 solid hours this is an investment few are likely to make.

But, at the same time,  those of us here at CM that believe that careful thought and nuance are needed in these difficult times,  it is a worthwhile investment.  I, by far, do not agree with everything Hedges has to say. He covers bits of all three Es here.   But, he captured much of my life philosophy when he talked at the near end about how military units never leave their dead or wounded behind. Very good stuff in this interview.

deggleton's picture
deggleton
land2341 wrote:Very good
land2341 wrote:

Very good stuff in this interview. 

That will be 9 twenty-minute views or 6 thirty-minute views.

I know Hedges from Adbusters.  It's certainly worth a start, folks.

paranoid's picture
paranoid
 Chris Hedges is a very

Chris Hedges is a very astute scholar and always worth listening. I've followed him since his days back at the NY Times.

ao's picture
ao
land2341 wrote:  Clocking
land2341 wrote:

Clocking in at 3 solid hours this is an investment few are likely to make.

But, at the same time,  those of us here at CM that believe that careful thought and nuance are needed in these difficult times,  it is a worthwhile investment.  I, by far, do not agree with everything Hedges has to say. He covers bits of all three Es here.   But, he captured much of my life philosophy when he talked at the near end about how military units never leave their dead or wounded behind. Very good stuff in this interview.

Do you have the exact time when he comments about the military units?  I'm tied about with 40+ hours of other videos I'm viewing at the present time.

land2341's picture
land2341
Very near the end

At 2:46 he talks about being in units of the military and how the units that refuse to leave their wounded and dead behind are the best units....

Gil Scott-Heron's picture
Gil Scott-Heron
Unmissable Chris Hedges Interview at Moxnews.com

Land2341,

I had every honest intention in doing some study today - what with exams and such - so taking a misguided trek into this time-black-hole of a forum - finding this excellent interview of Chris Hedges, right now I simply just nolonger care

I've read every one of Chris's books - some of them twce -  with searching out his articles and such - you can tell I have a great deal of trust and respect for this man! Thank you so very much for creating this thread for his interview because he surely shone

I just figured out how to put the films up here, so... 

Gil

maceves's picture
maceves
serious

I've been reading his Collateral Damage, but a little at a time because it is so upsetting...about senseless murder of Iraquis by Americans during our occupation.  I can only blow up so many people before I have to put the book down and do some meditations......

Listening to his interview I see how that fits in to his research and world view.    Now back to my magical thinking...

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
worth every minute

Thanks for the vid link land.  Although familiar with Chris Hedges, I have never read any of his books or sought out his commentaries.  But this interview was superb.  I found his enlightening comments, insights, and opinions on us Americans and the unholy system under which we toil to dovetail nicely with Chris Martenson's take on the three E's.  Hedges gets into the political and social stuff that our Chris chooses to eschew.  An amazing grasp on our history.  I may just view the video again- I'll certainly pick up some of his books. Amazing man, and interesting to know the people who have influenced him.  Dare I say, at this early point in my familiarity with CH, My kind of American.  Aloha, Steve

land2341's picture
land2341
You're very welcome

You're welcome thatchmo.

As some one who labels herself as "liberal",  the book The Death of the Liberal Class was a real eye opener, as well as a kick in the pants.

I hate listening to painful truths as much as the next person,  but generally will accept the criticism if warranted.  It was warrented.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments