jneo
Chinese Professor Commercial

Any opinions?  

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKAbRK_wKA

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: Chinese Professor Commercial

Banned?

This ran at least a half dozen times yesterday and today on CNN and Fox.  Sadly, we only get two "news" feeds at work.  But there is archive.org to stream hours upon hours of Grateful Dead shows, I digress.

I mean, we're getting fed, but it isn't news.

This spot was paid for by an organization called Citizens Against Government Waste.  I'm inclined to believe that by adding the ominous "Banned" to this the hope is that it will go viral.  It is all over Facebook and YouTube.  The fact that it calls out the Health Care bill and the Stimulus package - both arguably "Democratic" in flavor - makes me think there is a distinct right of center bias.  Which means the other half of the problems not highlighted in the vid weren't honestly addressed as to their origin and flavoring by an act of commission.

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

We watched it this morning on FOX, it is a Republican flavored organization, and probably newly supported by Tea Parties.  

Not banned by anyone...

But still -what a tingle down your spine spot, even my teenage kids got spooked.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Romans12.2 wrote:

But still -what a tingle down your spine spot, even my teenage kids got spooked.

12.2 -

That's the frustrating part.  With just a couple of subtle changes, you could take out the clear partisan slant and then think how chilling and informative the message would be.

jneo's picture
jneo

Over 1100 views for this ad, but as Gerald Celente would say "Snooki" get millions of views.  

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

WTF is a Snooki?  I'm serious.

jneo's picture
jneo

MTV smut that makes everything seem A OK to the youth, Forget about the newly 600 billion the FED bought, WATCH a SNOOKI and feel better.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Banned?

This ran at least a half dozen times yesterday and today on CNN and Fox.  Sadly, we only get two "news" feeds at work.  But there is archive.org to stream hours upon hours of Grateful Dead shows, I digress.

This spot was paid for by an organization called Citizens Against Government Waste.  I'm inclined to believe that by adding the ominous "Banned" to this the hope is that it will go viral.  It is all over Facebook and YouTube.  The fact that it calls out the Health Care bill and the Stimulus package - both arguably "Democratic" in flavor - makes me think there is a distinct right of center bias.  Which means the other half of the problems not highlighted in the vid weren't honestly addressed as to their origin and flavoring by an act of commission.

I agree DIAP.  

land2341's picture
land2341
LogansRun wrote:
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Banned?

I agree DIAP.  

I second this.  The very real issues are overshadowed by partisan posturing.  Like shall we ignore the don't tax but spend anyway pattern of the last administration??  This is a very real and likely outcome and as long as we are not being honest about ALL of the nature of our problems it becomes more and more likely.

I have noticed a very real and palpable difference in the attitude of my exchange students from China this past year.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

I still don't know what a Snookie is.

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

Land,

What was their attitude?

Dogs, damned if i know what a snooki is either...

SG

jhart5's picture
jhart5

Google Snookie

Post image for Snooki Quits Drinking (In Daylight Hours Anyway…)

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Actually, I think the "South Park" portrayal of Snooki was way more fitting considering her personality, or lack thereof...

Snooki monster

-----------------------

Anyhoo.... concerning the commercial, I personally find it too far-fetched.  C'mon.... the US government making good on its debt obligations?  I've read to my son bedtime stories about talking fish and magical castles that bear more resemblance to reality than that Laughing

- Nickbert

deggleton's picture
deggleton
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

I still don't know what a Snookie is.

[more complete answers from others already here]

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Snooki [noun]:  a lumpen manatee-walrus hybrid with a fondness for tanning products and blender drinks.  Migrates between the Jersey Shore and South Beach, FL. 

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

NOT knowing what a snookie is is soooo much better than knowing.  Be grateful for the ignorance, I envy you.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

jhart -

I am sorry I asked.  Please pass the bleach so I may pour it into my eyes.

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

We're just out of the mainstream, Dogs.

SG

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments