Chinese Couples Faking Divorce to Get Around Home Buying Laws

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
strive4impact's picture
strive4impact
Chinese Couples Faking Divorce to Get Around Home Buying Laws

Yes, there are lots of Chinese couples getting "divorced" on paper so that they can buy more properties and circumvent China's laws.

What's interesting to me is this sentence.

To get around the restrictions, Chinese couples are flocking to so-called fake-certificate companies, which sell phony divorce papers for 300 yuan, or about $45. Getting “divorced” allows couples to register properties under separate names.

The ChinaDaily website reports that banks and real estate agents have encouraged the practice.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Real Estate people and banks encouraging buyers to do something fraudulent to get a home?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/da...

China on it's way to a collapse?

californiarenter's picture
californiarenter
I've heard of people doing

I've heard of people doing all kinds of things to get homes. I recently read a story that a couple pretended to have cancer so that a local agency would donate funds to help them with a down payment! Plus, in California, many of the residents make money under the table to buy a home.

SPAm_miyU's picture
SPAm_miyU
They really do that thing!

They really do that thing! And they were actually able to get a house. It's unfair !

californiarenter's picture
californiarenter
strive4impact wrote: Yes,
strive4impact wrote:

Yes, there are lots of Chinese couples getting "divorced" on paper so that they can buy more properties and circumvent China's laws.

What's interesting to me is this sentence.

To get around the restrictions, Chinese couples are flocking to so-called fake-certificate companies, which sell phony divorce papers for 300 yuan, or about $45. Getting “divorced” allows couples to find an Orlando DIvorce Attorney and register properties under separate names.

The ChinaDaily website reports that banks and real estate agents have encouraged the practice.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Real Estate people and banks encouraging buyers to do something fraudulent to get a home?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/da...

China on it's way to a collapse?

I just heard a story on CNN Headline News about a couple in Kentucky doing this. I guess you can say people all over the world do this, not just in China!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments