China wanting to buy Australia mines (Copper and Gold)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
maveri's picture
maveri
China wanting to buy Australia mines (Copper and Gold)

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,25251426-31037,00.html

The Australia government in this case came up with a national security reason to block the sale if the proposal included the Prominent Hill mine as the government claims also includes a weapons testing area.

Those with tin hats may wish to focus on the fact that the Prominent Hill mine is a Copper and Gold mine.

http://www.ozminerals.com/Operations/Mining-Operations/Prominent-Hill.html

:-)

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: China wanting to buy Australia mines (Copper and Gold)

as soon as the u.s. military is no longer a factor worldwide china will rule the planet and australia will be near the top of the list. china will buy what it can now and take what it wants later.

siddhant4u's picture
siddhant4u

This could be one of the reasons -  

China's government has floated a variant of this idea, suggesting a currency based on 30 commodities along the lines of the "Bancor" proposed by John Maynard Keynes in 1944.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/5072484/Russia-backs-return-to-Gold-Standard-to-solve-financial-crisis.html

-- Sidds 

maveri's picture
maveri
joe2baba wrote:

as soon as the u.s. military is no longer a factor worldwide china will rule the planet and australia will be near the top of the list. china will buy what it can now and take what it wants later.

Can't disagree with this as a possibility at all.

I can't help but think that Taiwan must be living on borrowed time?

I wonder if China will test the waters of it's might by first taking back Taiwan to see how far the US will attempt to intervene? It would be a simple way to find out how far the US will push the issue since China states that Taiwan belongs to it anyhow.

The US rolling over on Taiwan will help China dispell the US image of a supreme unchallengable nation - then again, the way China is going it won't really have to intervene much, it has the wealth and the US has the debt.

Davido's picture
Davido

Joe,  I have enjoyed your posts on various threads here and at other sites.

You might find this analysis by me of interest regarding the future role of China.

The Chinese will not have the fuel to project their growing power.  Moreover, since it is an Anglo American oligarchy that is now finalizing the global system which Anglo- Americans control, it seems highly unlikely that an Anglo ruling oligarchy will allow future Chinese elitists to supersede the existing Anglo power structure.  Though the CFR and Royal Society have indeed set out policies to make the Chinese manufacturers for the world and even have plans to make them policemen to the world, the ruling oligarchy has no intention of yielding their supremacy.   

The Anglo supremacy knows that for the next hundred years or so, control of liquid fuels will be the key to dominating the world. Mobilizing a modern military force is dependent upon liquid fuels (Jets, bombers, ships, tanks, trucks -with few exceptions, all require liquid fuels)  The US and British combined military force/spending are greater than that of the entire rest of the world put together.  Anglo military domination is not by accident.  Even based on spending by percentage of GDP or on per capita GDP the U.S./U.K. outspend the rest of the world on defense.  I submit that those who run the Anglo military have planned their military domination with an eye on oil depletion for a century.  China will not become the major military power during the 21st century because they do not have long term access to the requisite liquid fuels.  Only North America does, and the Anglo-American elite have been very busy implementing their plan to insure both short and long term control of the world's liquid fuels.

Their plan is to drain the Middle East, Russia, and Central Asia of as much of their conventional oil as possible over the next several decades, while at the same time preserving as much of North America's conventional oil as possible.  Hugo Chavez is allowed (or even propped up) in Venezuela, in great part because he has administered a continued decline in nearby Venezuelan conventional oil production (preserving it for later North American use/control)  In addition, large, known U.S. conventional oil resources in Alaska, Offshore California, offshore Gulf, and elsewhere are kept off limits from U.S. oil producers.  Meanwhile the U.S. builds by far the world's largest strategic oil reserves. 

By midcentury, most of the world's accessible conventional oil will be depleted.  Liquid fuels will then be produced primarily from unconventional fossil fuels.  Canada has 80% of the world's producible tar sands (two times the energy equivalent of all oil produced to date).  The U.S. has near 70% of the world's producible oil shale deposits (three times the energy equivalent of all the oil mankind has consumed to date).  And Venezuela has 90% of the world's extra heavy oil -to thick to flow without being heated (Venezuelan extra heavy oil contains one and half times the energy equivalent of all the oil man has used to date).  In addition the U.S. at mid century will have half of the world's remaining producible coal reserves for coal to liquid, as well as more remaining conventional oil than any other country. 

The point is that by midcentury the world will be dependent upon North America (and our nearby vassal -Venezuela) for the majority of the world's fossil fuel liquids.  China will become a major military power, only to the extent that it can access our liquid fuels, or come up with some as yet unknown alternative.  I am aware that the great majority of all fossil fuel resources will remain in the ground for ever and that there are problems of EROEI in producing them.  Yet in just a few decades, unconventional fossil fuels will exceed conventional oil in importance and become the primary source for fossil fuel liquids.  By midcentury the world will be coming to North America +Venezuela to get fossil fuel liquids.  Absent some revolutionary alternative fuel, Chinese power will be administered by those who control the (North American) production of liquid fuels.  Thanks again for your many clear headed posts.   Davido of Olympia

Davido's picture
Davido

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments