China and wind power

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
bill.flinn's picture
bill.flinn
China and wind power

According to a high-ranking English expert on China,  China has announced that it plans to bring 100 gigawatts of wind power on line over the next decade. Apparently there are ventures springing up all over China to manufacture the various components required for wind turbines. If this does indeed go ahead, it seems that there will be two important consequences.

(1) Considerable demand for resources to build all those windmills.

(2) China is likely to become the preferred global supplier of windmill equipment, with the result that there will be a reduction in the number of jobs that are anticipated to be created in the US from a drive towards renewable energy sources.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: China and wind power

As I have posted in the past, the idea that the US hasn't allocated, oh...I don't know...half a trillion dollars to the development and implementation of PV/wind/hydro/passive geothermal just makes me despair (as much as I ever despair about anything).

Why shouldn't every roof in America in 10 years' time be photovoltaic shingle?  Why shouldn't we have a 12-gazillion gigawatt wind infrastructure?  Why shouldn't every new building have passive geothermal? 

Know them by their fruits, somebody once said.  TPTB are planting the seeds of failure. 

Just one feller's opinion...

Viva -- Sager

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: China and wind power
SagerXX wrote:

As I have posted in the past, the idea that the US hasn't allocated, oh...I don't know...half a trillion dollars to the development and implementation of PV/wind/hydro/passive geothermal just makes me despair (as much as I ever despair about anything).

Why shouldn't every roof in America in 10 years' time be photovoltaic shingle?  Why shouldn't we have a 12-gazillion gigawatt wind infrastructure?  Why shouldn't every new building have passive geothermal? 

Know them by their fruits, somebody once said.  TPTB are planting the seeds of failure. 

Just one feller's opinion...

Viva -- Sager

Seems like a level-headed take, to me . . .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments