Children

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Children

As long as I live, I'm never going to forget scenes from this short film...

Today, I followed world events with the protests in London. Maybe this will be the sway that fully drives home what realities have been created in the background from all of our so called needs :-

Children

Best,

Paul

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V
Re: Children

Paul

The film should be R 18 !  Unfortunately I am over 18 and still can't cope with some of the awful realities in our world. 

One thing that has been said quite a few times on CM, is always always look after the children.  It is not their fault.  And I wholeheartedly agree - no matter what, the children come first.

Have sent you a couple of emails Paul.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire

britinbe's picture
britinbe

Maybe if everyone in the world where to watch this it would make people think about the real price of things, but then we are proected from some images whilst watching the evening news and enjoying our TV dinner.  In Western Europe, it isn't so long ago that these scenes were a reality to many; of course I'm refering to WWII, but lets not foget the Balkans..... oh yes, the Balkans have been largely swept under the carpet by the MSM with the exception of the odd event from The Hague.

Having just put my 14 month old daughter to bed, I wonder whether this is the signs of things to come.  I hope for her sake, my sake and all our sakes that these things will not come to pass in our lifes.........but of course, it has never really stopped, though it hasn't happened in my backyard for several generation.  Undoubtedly it has been on-going since man first walk the earth driven by the greed of humanity.

Its such hypocracy that in the Western world we profess to place so much value on human life, but then so easily digest these events as civilian collateral damage, friendly fire incident or a blue on blue....unavoidable, rationalised, necessary, the other side's fault.  Is civilisation something we really have or mearly a veneer, a mask we hide behind.........?

My apologies for the rant but I was deeply moved by the video

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Yep ,   Greed and Selfishness.    I will never have money to buy gold when there are these children that need us.

It's not about us now is it .

Diana

ReginaF's picture
ReginaF

What happend to your post, C1oudfire? I wan't to read it - but can't: The site is blank...

Best greetings, Regina

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Deep and meaningless.

Revert to being like children? Seriously?
Really, there is nothing so cruel or self-important as a child. They have zero understanding of altruism, throw fits and create disturbances over minor issues. Not to say they are all that way, but while we're painting with broad brushes...

What we need to do is get beyond acting like children.
Meaning accepting social responsibility, being accountable for our mistakes, allowing privacy and liberty while respecting differences of opinion.

Catching kids in one solitary moment of co-operation, and begrudging the rest of us as uncooperative and selfish is a little myopic.

Clearly, this man is not a father.

Cheers,

Aaron

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
britinbe wrote:

lets not foget the Balkans..... oh yes, the Balkans have been largely swept under the carpet by the MSM with the exception of the odd event from The Hague.

There are those of us who have experience there. If you have experience of the Balkan's you'd like to share with me let me know, if you don't then you have no idea what you're talking about other than the MSM that you're saying has swept things under the carpet.

However, I do find this as Aaron said deep and meaningless, 30 seconds of child like "altruism" does not erase the remaining time where they are petulant demanding, self-centered, short sighted. A lot like a lot of corporations. If we were all like this then we'd be in a lot worse state.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop

Maybe the lesson that can be derived from watching kids playing together happily in a playground, is appreciation of the fact that coordinated activity of any kind is possible. Given that humans of all ages are scared witless half the time, it's pretty amazing, we don't all hate eachother 24/7. If we could just retain caution while ramping down the fear enough to join others in shared adventures, in a local, national and global way, like these kids have managed to do, we'd be better off. The other significant lesson here is these kids are having fun without spending money. We have to loosen up with others and learn to play with the same spirit that drives children's play.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Cat and I have two.

Both are great.

Mostly because of their Mother...........

britinbe's picture
britinbe
Gungnir wrote:
britinbe wrote:

lets not foget the Balkans..... oh yes, the Balkans have been largely swept under the carpet by the MSM with the exception of the odd event from The Hague.

There are those of us who have experience there. If you have experience of the Balkan's you'd like to share with me let me know, if you don't then you have no idea what you're talking about other than the MSM that you're saying has swept things under the carpet.

However, I do find this as Aaron said deep and meaningless, 30 seconds of child like "altruism" does not erase the remaining time where they are petulant demanding, self-centered, short sighted. A lot like a lot of corporations. If we were all like this then we'd be in a lot worse state.

Brit in BE should say it all, I'll leave it to you to determine which organisation I am affiliated with.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Children ... I have a few,  Ok more than a few     They do have to be trained to be caring ,giving people .  This does not come natural to anyone.

Selfishness and greed  is behind much of their actions   .  When they don't get their way they have little fits ... then it  grows up to be big ugly fits and finally  they become adults that no one wants to be around .  Think about it who  do you want as your neighbors  those  who  have a high self esteem and boastful  or the ones  who have been raised to be humble and considerate of others ?

What we have in America are children ( and Adults )that are self-centered  . They do not know a need from a want  and rarely know anything about delayed gratification  . We are  conceited  and greedy .

Who do want  as  your employee ? Someone honest and trustworthy or someone puffed up with self esteem ? Who do you want your children to find as a mate ? Loyal, caring , giving or some one full of themselves.

It is a challenge to raise unselfish children in a self-esteem , self centered  world.

Raising children is not for the quitter , it is not easy   .. it is a commitment  but it is worth it .  Think about having grateful caring adult children  Vs. those that want your money , stick you in the furthest nursing home, and leave you there.

We have to  give them our time  .. that is what they want and need more than  any thing your money can buy. We have to teach by example .  You have to let them experience the  joy  and satisfaction of  sharing , caring , and giving  to  others .Teach them to respect , love, and serve others .To  be kind and unselfish. They will be happier and more fulfilled .

Right now I can not think of one single thing that is more fun alone.

Diana

Oh yes ,forgiveness is an  act of unselfishness ..  to yourself , your spouse ,and your children ...  no one is perfect .. we all fail .sometimes .

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
Re: Children ...a call for help .

Hello All ,

I have an odd request ... One of my Daughters got restless and took a job on Long Island , NY . Some 1200 miles from home .
We packed her a G.O.O.D. bag , told her to keep her gas tank full and went over the safety rules. Well,I can not imagine this will get her far in case of an emergency .

C1 has offered t put her up or get her a tank of gas and on her way , if she can get that far ! But what I think I need is a one of you that I can count on to help from about 400 miles out .
If you would send me a PM or something I could get you some money to store some gas for her to get on down the road ..straight west .

First week she was out there she called home and had me check this site and other similar ones because Target had posted a sign that they were only accepting cash and she thought TSHHTF .
I am sure we are being way too over protective but it would give me a little peace
OH BOY! The JOY .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments