Chapter 9 forum maintenance

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Majormoney's picture
Majormoney
Chapter 9 forum maintenance

Most of the posts in the Chapter 9 forum have disappeared.  Surely an 'accident.'

admin's picture
admin
Re: Chapter 9 forum maintenance
I'm not sure I understand ... can you provide a bit more clarity on your statement?  I do not believe there are more posts in the Chapter 9 forum than what there are.  As of a few weeks ago, there were actually zero threads in the Chapter 9 folder, now there is one.
Majormoney's picture
Majormoney

Several days ago there were several threads in the Chapter 9 forum.  But a couiple of days ago all but the latest one disappeared.  Can you locate and repost those earlier missing messages?  Some of them were very interesting.

Also, while I have your attention: Most of the responses to the initial posts in new threads have an EDIT button on them; curiously, the initial posts do not.  An EDIT button on all messages would be helpful.

Thank you.  Great website!   (That's not good enough: FABULOUS website!!)

admin's picture
admin

Thanks, Majormoney.  Are you sure you were looking at threads on Chapter 9?  I've reviewed several months of backups and we haven't had any deletes in the Chapter 9 threads.  Is it possible it might have been one of the other closely-related Chapters?

A few people have brought up about editing of the initial forum posts.  It is on our list of things to consider. The reason for not turning on editing of the initial post is the potential for misunderstanding.  For example, if there are 10 replies which reference the original post, and all of a sudden the context of the original post is changed, the 10 replies may no longer make any sense.

Also, those writing the original post always have the opportunity to preview their post by clicking the "Preview" button first.  This shows exactly how the forum post will be displayed while still allowing for editing.

I'll definitely let everyone know when we get around to finalizing the decision on this point.  Lots of other things to do though first!

Majormoney's picture
Majormoney

Thanks for your responses.

Am I sure that I was looking at the Chapter 9 forum when I saw 'earlier' posts?

I'm sure.  I remember seeing the one that exists now at the top of a list; and I remember responding to some of the others that are no longer there.  There's a gremlin afoot!.

With respect to an EDIT button on the first post in new threads: I understand what you're saying about changing the original--some of the responses might no longer make sense.  I've started a couple of threads, and I use the 'preview' facility extensively to get rid of typos, etc.  But after posting, I usually think of something else that I should have said.

Am I corresponding here with Chris, or Erik, or someone else?  No matter.  Absolutely FABULOUS site!

Doug's picture
Doug
I second Majormoney's assertions about chapter 9 threads disappearing.  I know I made at least one post on one of those threads.
admin's picture
admin

You're corresponding with Ron.  I'm the technical adviser, but usually post under the "admin" user name so people can easily track technical responses on the site.

FYI, you can always review the full list of all threads to which you have responded on your profile.  Click on "My Account" at the top, then click the "Track" tab.

admin's picture
admin

[quote=Doug]I second Majormoney's assertions about chapter 9 threads disappearing.  I know I made at least one post on one of those threads. [/quote]

Doug, can you give me anything to go on to research this further?  What was the topic or do you know the context of your comments?  I immediately see these comments of yours under Chapter 9:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/3331#comment-3331

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/3377#comment-3377

On what other subjects have you written in Chapter 9?  Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments