CFTC considers gold and silver position limits

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown
CFTC considers gold and silver position limits

13:11 14Jan10 RTRS-CFTC CHAIRMAN SAYS PLANNED MARCH AGENCY MEETING ON METALS POSITION LIMITS WILL FOCUS ON GOLD, SILVER

13:28 14Jan10 RTRS-U.S. CFTC to consider gold, silver position limits

WASHINGTON, Jan 14 (Reuters) - The chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission said on Thursday that the agency's planned meeting in early March to discuss possible position limits on metal futures and options contracts will focus on gold and silver contracts. (Reporting by Tom Doggett)

Frank Tang
Journalist
Reuters

IMHO this is the biggest and most positive news to hit the pm markets in decades

Remove JPM and friends from monopoly silver paper positions and we just may see some price discovery

I will remain sceptical until I see real action but this is a very good start

Take Delivery now while supplies are still available

locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown
Re: CFTC considers gold and silver position limits

My optimism was misplaced

Since the CFTC hearings JPM and the gold cartel have kicked up intervention in precious metals trading to staggering levels during US hours of trading.

This week will be no different. Once again pms are under pressure well off their overnight highs. They are getting help fropm the ROW as what the media has been calling a """FLIGHT TO QUALITY""" Mr dollar, is getting another bid. Gold and silver getting sold hard now..(silver 29 cents off the o/n highs/ gold 9.00, for a 4th day in a row.

This week sees the most hostile trading backdrop for gold and silver in some time.

Bernanke reappointment...automatic IMHO

PM option expiration

Fed meeting

Big treasury supply

Gigantic OI in gold and silver that must be rolled or settled

Paper gold and silver will continue to go nowhere and most certainly down with the JPM led cartel in complete control

The CFTC is a very bad joke as are their partners in crime the CFTC

This will not change until delivery is demanded

Chances of that happening?

Between ZERO AND NONE. The CFTC would have stepped in long long ago if the agency possesed one shred of integrity

locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown

Add to the above the state of the union address

The Master Class in action...

locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown

Gold and silver options expiry is tomorrow. The Secretary of the Treasury and Obama are both speaking to the people about the state of the nation, There are 118 billion dollars in Treasury Bills to be auction this week so of course gold will be smashed. OI at 530,000 in gold on COMEX, That is one massive position.  The OI ratio to gold in the commercial stockpiles is up over 11 to 1. Beyond belief.  Net net that indicates rather than the usual 5 or 6 times selling of each ounce in paper form, we are up to over ten, Contango is non existant but so what.  They will still set price whereever JPM profits are maximized.

It has become as automatic as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. When America opens for business precious metals are worth less. There is no easier trade in their world of paper and debt gone parabolic. Crime does pay in the USA whenever it comes to following the JPM led cartels paper pm selling from 0820am on each and every trading day.

Take delivery. Its  the only way to stop the cheats in their tracks.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

LLD

I feel bad that you have to talk to yourself but I don't have much to say on this topic Smile

Ken C's picture
Ken C

LLD,

I am sure that the CFTC will "discuss" limits at their meeting and then nothing will be done.

You are right - delivery is the only way

Ken

locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown

Don't feel bad Johnny! I am use to it.

The reason there is very little discussion about the manipulation of gold and silver is very very few are aware what goes on in paper pm "markets" This plays into the hand of the gold cartel as evidenced by the latest increased blatant attacks during CONex hours of operation immediately following the CFTC threats to hold a pm investigative kangaroo court in March.

How many of the sheeple actually own gold or silver? Much less than 1%. Public outcry is of no concern to the criminals running the scam for decades, so they run with abandon. The public and MMs cant even spell gold and will not wake up until its too late. Isnt that the way it has always been? Had gold been allowed to find FV over the years we would not been in such a desperate monetary situation.

The price of gold is the policeman to reckless monetary policy. No wonder the PTB are obsessed with killing the messenger.

This week will be more of the same as the gangsters will sell endless gold and silver they could never deliver on.. Precious metals paper trading is given a pass when it comes to regulation and oversight. That will not change in March as the repurcussions to the club members would be unthinkable.

The only way the supression will stop is if the LBMA and CONex are held to account and forced to make delivery on supply they could never fufill.

Until then it will continue to be a private sandbox for JPM and co.

locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown

Ken

Oh sure they will discuss limits to give the appearance there really is concern and regulation. What a farce. They have been "investigating" the silver short monopoly held by JPM for at least 18 months which BTW is the biggest short position many times over, held by one entity in the history of commodities. Yet they have continued to sit back and watch it grow larger by the day. JPM tells the CFTC what to do not the other way around. 

locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown

Silver getting its head taken off this morning by the JPM/CONex thugs -80 cents trying to recover a brutal round of selling

Option ex is today so no surprise here

I have seen them do this without fail over the years

Its automatic... the criminals always win

CFTC? What a joke

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

LLD

I think its a great time to buy and hold bullion. i hope they keep knocking the price down. The end game is that at some point they won't be able to control it and it will soar. So buy now laugh later.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments