Call to Action

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Call to Action

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31423341/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

For those of you that are unaware, the President of the United States is trying to pass another fast one past the US people by putting forth this proposal to have the Federal Reserve be the "Overlord" of the US Economy/Financial Institute.

THIS CANNOT BE ALOUD TO HAPPEN!!!!

Whether you believe in the "New World Order" or you just don't like the idea of a private entity with numerous conflicts of interest to be appointed this responsibility....you must act!  This is the same entity that brought us to the brink (if not submerged) of depression!  How can anyone in their right mind think they should be in control and have full jurisdiction with ZERO recourse for the American Citizen when things go wrong!?!  Also, this doesn't just effect the United States, this will have a devastating effect on the world as we know it.

I'm a bit worked up over this but it needs to be stopped.  If we don't act now we are sheep to slaughter.....I firmly believe this!

Please write your congress persons ASAP and tell them that the FED cannot be trusted with this responsibility!

http://www.conservativeusa.org/mega-cong.htm

God help us!

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Re: Call to Action

LogansRun,

While I share your concern, as I'm sure a great many on this site do, I've learned that hammering on our congress persons seems to have little effect. They only seem to acknowledge you if you're filthy rich or a well-known personality. I don't have enough money to penetrate their "money filter".

TPTB are simply hammering more nails into the coffin of this country. We have lost control and I don't see any chance of getting it back until we have a revolution similar to what is going on in Iran right now.

Unfortunately, not enough Americans have suffered enough yet to rebel. When, or even if, that time comes, maybe we can reset this country.

ao's picture
ao

The problem is, like the Romans, we have the games and we have bread.  When the entertainment stops (which it won't) and when the bread stops (which it may), then people will finally begin to act.  Like Sam, I've written my representative and senators so many times I've lost count.  They send some placating e-mail acknowledging my existence as a human being (barely) and than just go on doing what they want to do.  There seems to be no consequences for them and no recourse for us (yet)

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10

Want to hear a comment from a defeatist? OK, thank you.   It won't do a snowball's worth of good in hell to write your congressman. We are well past that stage in the Republic.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/26742/?ck=1

Thank you all for just giving up.  Wonderful attitude.  While I agree that congress has done whatever the hell they've wanted, WE still have to stand up however possible and do what's right.  If it's not writing your congressman then get out the word!  However possible, get out the word!  If it means going door to door,  then maybe that's what we need.  SOMETHING needs to be done.  WE are the only ones that can do it.

Your choice.

pir8don's picture
pir8don

This might just about do it:

Dmitry Orlov wrote:

Better living through bureaucracy: A 10-Step Program

1. Formulate a brilliant plan
  2. Generate community enthusiasm
  3. Get buy-in from industry, government, the UN, the Vatican and the Dalai Lama
  4. Use mass media to create public awareness
  5. Form action committees
  6. Propose new legislation, lobby parliaments
  7. Secure corporate sponsorships
  8. Execute pilot programs
  9. Publish papers, present results at conferences
  10. COLLAPSE

see http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/fed-becomes-dictator/20692 

Don

ao's picture
ao
LogansRun wrote:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/26742/?ck=1

Thank you all for just giving up.  Wonderful attitude.  While I agree that congress has done whatever the hell they've wanted, WE still have to stand up however possible and do what's right.  If it's not writing your congressman then get out the word!  However possible, get out the word!  If it means going door to door,  then maybe that's what we need.  SOMETHING needs to be done.  WE are the only ones that can do it.

Your choice.

Who said anything about giving up.  Read again, carefully, ALLOWED (sic) if necessary, including the last word.;-)

Ron Paul's Campaign for LIberty is one way.  Strengthening and preparing yourself, your family, your friends, and your community is another.  There are others. 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Who said anything about giving up.  Read again, carefully, ALLOWED (sic) if necessary, including the last word.;-)

Teeheeheehee......  my second laugh for the night!  :-)

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
ao wrote:

Ron Paul's Campaign for LIberty is one way.  Strengthening and preparing yourself, your family, your friends, and your community is another.  There are others.

I second AO's recommendation regarding Ron' Paul's Campaign for Liberty. Paul is the only politician with any stature who is actively fighting for substantial change that could alter the course of this country. I became a member of the Campaign for Liberty just this past week, and plan to become more involved.

Also, whether or not it will bear fruit, I will write my congressmen and senators, too. The suggestion that the Fed have even further oversight is absolutely horrendous!

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10

Ya know, I never really was a huge Bill Clinton fan. I voted for him the first time only because it was the year of the pink gorilla. ANYONE for president other than Bush the Elder, I'd rather have a pink gorilla.

But he caught a lot of flack from critics for polling the people before making major decisions. I think that was good. He actually asked the people how they felt on an issue before deciding on it.

If Obama had done that we wouldn't have probably any of the major programs he is trying to implement.

I don't think we can have true representation until we lose the mentality of: Senator, where do you stand on abortion, or healthcare, or whatever. And when those Senators answer, it doesn't matter where I stand on those issues we have arrived. Ask my constituants where they stand because I will be representing them and that is how I will vote. I can dream, can't I?

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

Well said Jerry.

Unfortumately the representatives (Congress, Senate, and Presidency) have forgotten that the rule of the US is by the people for the people. However we seem to have moved to a system where once elected the representatives consider their opinion before that of those they represent. We as a people need to correct this, don't ask me how, although having a "no confidence" voting option would be a great start, you can vote for candidate A, Candidate B, etc. or None, if none has the highest count then the whole thing needs to kick off again. Currently we have the option of "Do you want to be shot, or stabbed" I don't want either really.

I did comment on this topic in the News and Events section too. So I have nothing further to add.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments