Buffett Rules Out Double-Dip Recession Amid Growth

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
DRHolden's picture
DRHolden
Buffett Rules Out Double-Dip Recession Amid Growth

For Sale:  All my preparedness stuff, except my sun glasses

Just kidding, but Warren says the future’s so bright we’d better wear shades…

What's the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I'm a double dip" :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Buffett-Rules-Out-DoubleDip-bloomberg-2228...

Davos's picture
Davos
Re: Buffett Rules Out Double-Dip Recession Amid Growth

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Yep

I thought Buffet's statements were strange because there is no way that he actually believes that so what does it mean?

idoctor's picture
idoctor

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Well this video  should give  me  hope ...   United We Stand .    Wish i was so hopeful .  I just have a hard time believing people will put selfish desires aside and fight for what is good and right .    I need an attitude adjustment ... I need to see some people do good deeds without expecting something in return .   Whats in it for me  is what I see every day .   I do not think very many are being trained to put others first  even to if it means the end result is best .     I think this Me Myself and I  teaching ,has been pushed for many years and feeds our selfish side .  Heck  I do not even see people holding the door open for someone anymore .

Maybe I need to look for it more often ? 

FM

Gee i do not even think Buffet got  his $$$ by being the good guy .  .

nickbert's picture
nickbert
Johnny Oxygen wrote:

Yep

I thought Buffet's statements were strange because there is no way that he actually believes that so what does it mean?

My guess is that Buffet figures that a good chance to acquire more wealth is worth taking a minor hit to his public credibility.  He is one of a handful of people who can influence markets (at least briefly) merely by opening his mouth, which has all kinds of potential opportunities.  Kind of like Soros' "gold is a bubble" remark (he just neglected to add the rest "...now in the early stages Wink).  Of course you would only get to do that a limited number of times before it stops working, so you got to make it count.  Or perhaps he sees the stock market jig will be up soon and this is a last opportunity to make some very favorable trades or acquire some long-term critical resources at a significant discount. 

Just speculation, but that might be what I would do if I were in his shoes and had a larger goal in mind.  Perhaps he's putting in place the seeds of a legacy that would put all the old tycoons to shame, using deflation and peak oil as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

(Or instead perhaps my friends are right and scheming DOES come a little too easily to me Tongue out)

- Nickbert

DRHolden's picture
DRHolden
nickbert wrote:

My guess is that Buffet figures that a good chance to acquire more wealth is worth taking a minor hit to his public credibility.  He is one of a handful of people who can influence markets (at least briefly) merely by opening his mouth, which has all kinds of potential opportunities.

My thoughts exactly.  Unfortunately the higher we go the harder we fall - one and all.

Davos's picture
Davos

Actually ZH said it well:

"While nothing new to Zero Hedge readers, where we have been making the case that the economy has nothing to double dip from, considering it has been in one depression for 33 months..."

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

I like the Jimmy Cliff reference.

As far as double-dipping goes, because there never was a recovery it seems to use the phrase is to buy into the propaganda or to be a propagandist one-self. Language is key and we can't slip into using the rhetoric of the economic manipulators.

Davos's picture
Davos

MCC: +1

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater

Shadow Stats sez if you factor out the census jobs, we never left the first "dip" - and Warren Buffet's a Dip for saying that. Let's all sing "Happy Days are Here Again"!

land2341's picture
land2341

Its a sell sign to me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments