Born Again American

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Born Again American
Hmm.

Could this be a start of the public, or part of it at least waking up to their role in this mess?

It's a grass roots movement. All they ask is that you sign a pledge stating that you'll take up YOUR duty, as a citizen to stay INFORMED, communicate with your representatives, and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE, no matter the party. That's it. That's their agenda.

We shall see. If it means being a better Republican, a better Democrat, a better Libertarian or whatever, then we're dead.

If it means being a better AMERICAN, well then...

maybe there would be a glimmer of hope.

Here's the site.

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/index.html

The video....

URLhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtfUfc3P4y0[/video]

The lyrics...

Just a workin’ man without a job
It got shipped off to China via Washington, D.C.
And I know I’m nothin’ special, there are plenty more like me
Just the same
I thought I knew the rules of the game
I stood up for this country that I love
I came back from the desert to a wife and kids to feed
I’m not sayin’ Uncle Sam should give me what I need
My offer stands
I’ll pull my weight you give me half a chance

I went up to a congressman and said to him “you know
Our government is letting people down”
He said he’d need a lot of help to buck the status-quo
I said there was a bunch of us around

I’m a Born Again American, conceived in Liberty
My Bible and the Bill of Rights, my creed’s equality
I’m a Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea

My brother’s welding chassis at the plant
He’s earning what our granddad did in 1948
While CEOs count bonuses behind the castle gates
How can they see
When all they care about’s the do re mi

It’s getting where there’s nowhere left to turn
Not since the crash of twenty-nine have things been so unfair
So many of our citizens are living in despair
The time has come
To reaffirm that hope’s not just for some

The promise of America’s surrendering to greed
The rule is just look out for number one
But brace yourself ‘cause some of us have sown a different seed
A harvest of the spirit has begun

I’m a Born Again American conceived in liberty
My Bible and The Bill Of Rights
My creed’s equality
A Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea

It’s clear my country’s soul is on the line
She’s hungering for something that she lost along the way
The principle the framers called upon us to obey
That in this land
The people’s will must have the upper hand

I felt the calling once before and took a sacred vow
And faithful to that vow I have remained
I hear the calling once again, my country needs me now
And to her cause I have been re-ordained

I’m a Born Again American conceived in liberty
My Bible and the Bill Of Rights, all people living free
A Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream
From sea to shining sea
And everyone who shares the dream
From sea to shining sea
A M E R I C A

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Re: Born Again American

Sorry. The video.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

Choked me up.  Cry

Thanks, MGhandi.

straight's picture
straight

MGhandi, perhaps you need a name change on these forums.

Surely this particular video, and the purile and nationalistic internet site has little in common with anything that Ghandi stood for?

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Nationalistic? Straight. No pun intended but are you saying this with a straight face? We have an economic disaster on our hands and for the most part, few ordinary Americans have done much, if anything to better understand what's going on, and get more involved. I fail to see how you would call this "nationalistic".

One must attend to the mess in his backyard first before thinking outside towards the neighborhood.First people need to start thinking about the the mess at the national level and get active in it. To wake up that is. Anything even remotely close to the Crash Course is not going to be examined until this happens. It stuff like this that may indicate that awakening is happening. I'd think you'd be pleased, not snide and condescending about it. I resent your comment. It's a twisted interpretation in my opinion. 

If the public doesn't become involved in the political process than any awareness of the three E's on a large scale is much less likely. 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

straight

i suggest you look around and see what is really puerile (immature and trivial) start with the obots who voted for obama and work your way to congress. which is voting on a 1474 page bill, no one has read, to sell us and our children into debt slavery.

this country has been hijacked.

mghandi does not need a name change ............although he needs to spell it correctly. it is gandhi.

as for what m gandhi stood for i suggest you do a little research. he was about as big a nationalist as ever lived. he continuously stood up to the british and told them india is for indians. he dedicated his life to that goal.

america is no less under foriegn rule it is just much more subtle.

any site that promotes american citizens take an active interest in the policies  the banksters and puerile politicians are ramming down our throats is on my bookmark list.

ps are you an american?

just a puerile american citizen

joe

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

joe. I misspelled it from the git-go and haven't gotten around to asking an admin to change it. Embarassed

In any event, I think we are seeing an example of the devisiveness right here and right now. Nationalism, hijacked by Obama, ect. 

How about we take an interest in those that would rule over us without labeling that "nationalism"? If straight is not an American citizen, then perhaps he might later be pleasantly surprised if enough of our citizens stood up to a lot of this nonsense and said "Enough!. Not in our name". 

And please, hold the POLITICIAN accountable. All of them. Not just the party that we've been raised to hate. It's the push-pull of binary party politics that creates a bickering, paralyzing, and distracting mood among the public that allows politicians to engage in nonsense and abdicate their responsibilites. So, if you're Republican and your republican senator is voting on something then try looking at him pessimistically for once. Look at the bill, not the affiliation. If you are a Democrat, then don't give your congressman a pass just because he/she is a democrat. Yes, most people are cheerleeders and apologists one way, and savage critics the other way. I made a comment in my opening post regarding this for a reason. If we're just gonna have more and more highly partisan but active voters then nothing will change. Nothing. Because THEIR politician will be able to count on them to support their nonsense.

If we don't see a fundemental change in this line of thinking then you can forget about any opening of the minds regarding the three E's. 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

MGhandi - thanks for the inspiring video - with all the crazy stuff going on it's nice to remember and embrace what we began to take for granted.  The video reminds me that it is the people who matter most and it is the people alone who can bring prosperity and freedom - not the government and surely not the banks.

joe2baba - great comments - you hit a smashing point about our leaders voting on documents that they never read.

While we're on heart felt freedom music, let me slip in a revolutionary bugle (must be played loud):

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments