Bloomberg: Secret Banking Cabal Emerges From AIG Shadows

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Bloomberg: Secret Banking Cabal Emerges From AIG Shadows

Complete article link

Jan. 29 (Bloomberg) -- The idea of secret banking cabals that control the country and global economy are a given among conspiracy theorists who stockpile ammo, bottled water and peanut butter. After this week’s congressional hearing into the bailout of American International Group Inc., you have to wonder if those folks are crazy after all.

Definition: conspiracy  -

1. the act of conspiring.  2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.  3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.  4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.  5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

By definition, we have a colossal conspiracy on our hands though few, including this writer, will dare say so.  The corporate media continues to marginalize those who figured out a long time ago that the Federal Reserve, especially the New York branch, is a criminal cabal of international bankers.  Apologies are in order for those of us that have been correct.  If anyone is buying into crazy theories, it is the corporate media that reports propaganda rather than the truth.

Tim Geithner should be investigated under the onerous RICO Act (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations), starting with the following charges:

• Perjury - lying to and withholding information from the U.S. Senate while under oath
  • Theft - illegally diverting billions of Treasury funds to selected global banks
  • Conspiracy to conceal a criminal act - coercing AIG to file false regulatory statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
  • Malfeasance - commission of an unlawful act in the course of an official capacity

Wednesday’s hearing described a secretive group deploying billions of dollars to favored banks, operating with little oversight by the public or elected officials.  We’re talking about the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, whose role as the most influential part of the federal-reserve system -- apart from the matter of AIG’s bailout -- deserves further congressional scrutiny.

The New York Fed is in the hot seat for its decision in November 2008 to buy out, for about $30 billion, insurance contracts AIG sold on toxic debt securities to banks, including Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Merrill Lynch & Co., Societe Generale and Deutsche Bank AG, among others. That decision, critics say, amounted to a back-door bailout for the banks, which received 100 cents on the dollar for contracts that would have been worth far less had AIG been allowed to fail.

That move came a few weeks after the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department propped up AIG in the wake of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.’s own mid-September bankruptcy filing.  ...the hearing revealed some of the inner workings of the New York Fed and the outsized role it plays in banking. This insight is especially valuable given that the New York Fed is a quasi-governmental institution that isn’t subject to citizen intrusions such as freedom of information requests, unlike the Federal Reserve.

This impenetrability comes in handy since the bank is the preferred vehicle for many of the Fed’s bailout programs. It’s as though the New York Fed was a black-ops outfit for the nation’s central bank.

Exactly - the all powerful New York Fed runs the entire system.  They host the FOMC and PPT and co-ordinate with other central banks.  The New York Fed branch accounts for over 50% of all stock in the system.  And, the New York Fed is owned by the big Wall Street banks.  This is not a theory, it is part of a world wide conspiracy.   

As Representative Marcy Kaptur told Geithner at the hearing: “A lot of people think that the president of the New York Fed works for the U.S. government. But in fact you work for the private banks that elected you.”

Kaptur is right on this and consider the implications - our entire money supply and finances are run by private banks.  We are nothing more than a client state.

Consider AIG. Let’s take Geithner at his word that a failure to resolve the insurer’s default swaps would have led to financial Armageddon. Given the stakes, you might think Geithner would have coordinated actions with then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson. Yet Paulson testified that he wasn’t in the loop.  “I had no involvement at all, in the payment to the counterparties, no involvement whatsoever,” Paulson said.

Fed Chairman Bernanke also wasn’t involved. In a written response to questions from Representative Darrell Issa, Bernanke said he “was not directly involved in the negotiations” with AIG’s counterparty banks.

You have to wonder then who really was in charge of our nation’s financial future if AIG posed as grave a threat as Geithner claimed.  That the New York Fed, a quasi-governmental body, was able to push around the SEC, an executive-branch agency, deserves a congressional hearing all by itself.

The New York Fed is not some foggy "quasi-governmental body" it is 100% privately owned and independent of the government.  More accurately, the government is a "quasi-bank body."

Later, when it became clear information would be disclosed, New York Fed legal group staffer James Bergin e-mailed colleagues saying: “I have to think this train is probably going to leave the station soon and we need to focus our efforts on explaining the story as best we can. There were too many people involved in the deals -- too many counterparties, too many lawyers and advisors, too many people from AIG -- to keep a determined Congress from the information.”

Think of the enormity of that statement. A staffer at a body with little public accountability and that exists to serve bankers is lamenting the inability to keep Congress in the dark.

Now, I’m not saying Congress should be meddling in interest-rate decisions, or micro-managing bank regulation. Nor do I think we should all don tin-foil hats and start ranting about the Trilateral Commission.

Nooo, let's not dare say anything about the Trilateral Commission even though they exist and are well represented in the Obama adminstration and by the international banking cabal.  According to official Trilateral Commission membership lists, there are only 87 members from the United States (the other 337 members are from other regions). Thus, in less than two weeks since his inauguration, Obama's appointments encompass more than 12% of Commission's entire U.S. membership. 

The Obama administration includes a number of Trilateral members: Secretary of Treasury, Tim Geithner; Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice; National Security Advisor, Gen. James L. Jones; Deputy National Security Advisor, Thomas Donilon; Chairman, Economic Recovery Committee, Paul Volker;  Director of National Intelligence, Admiral Dennis C. Blair; Assistant Secretary of State, Asia & Pacific, Kurt M. Campbell; Deputy Secretary of State, James Steinberg; State Department, Special Envoy, Richard Haass; State Department, Special Envoy, Dennis Ross; State Department, Special Envoy, Richard Holbrooke.

• Notice that five of the Trilateral appointees involve the State Department, where foreign policy is created and implemented. Hillary Clinton is certainly in line with these policies because her husband, Bill Clinton, is also a member. 
  • What is more important than economic recovery? Paul Volker is the answer.
  • What is more important than national intelligence? Gen. James Jones, Thomas Donilon and Adm. Dennis Blair hold the top three positions.
  • What is more important than the Treasury and the saving of our financial system? Timothy Geithner says he has the answers.
  • The State Department is virtually dominated by Trilaterals: Kurt Campbell, James Steinberg, Richard Haass, Dennis Ross and Richard Holbrooke.

Sen. Barry Goldwater wrote that the Commission was "intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. Goldwater wrote in his book With No Apologies:

"What the Trilaterals truly intend is the creation of a worldwide economic power superior to the political government of the nation-states involved. As managers and creators of the system they will rule the world....In my view, the Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power: political, monetary, intellectual, and ecclesiastical."

Larry

V's picture
V
Re: Bloomberg: Secret Banking Cabal Emerges From AIG Shadows

Damn Larry 

I was just about to post this.  Remember though the perps gave themselves immunity in the Bailout  Bill. As a matter of fact It was even in the 4 page version.

Whenever they pass a reg or law it is to cover their collective bottoms. 

Keep up the good work

V

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Awesome article, and awesome comments Larry!

I was becoming more and more awed to see all this in the MSM, when I hit the author's line about the tri-lateral commission.  I just had to laugh at that...son of a gun will grudgingly admit that maybe the "conspiracy theorists" who recognized the bankers' power over the system aren't crazy...but then feels he has to endear himself with his reading audience by coming back and dissing those same people, in order to distance himself from them.  I.e., he  isn't one of those crazy "too-out-there" nuts!  What can you do but shake your head and laugh?  Still, it is pretty incredible to an article like this in Bloombergs!

I look forward to seeing an article from the author some time in the future stating, "wow, maybe those tin-hatted peanut-butter eating conspiracy theorists weren't wrong about the trilateral commission, either!!" 

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Cramer's at it again...

The ex Goldman Wall Street mockingbird shill is vomiting out more scripted BS...

goes211's picture
goes211
Re: Cramer's at it again...
rowmat wrote:

The ex Goldman Wall Street mockingbird shill is vomiting out more scripted BS...

Tim Geithner is doing a great job?   Bernanke is a student of the great depression?

Cramer is such a tool.  I look forward to his next skewering on the Daily show.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Wow Rowmat, the Cranmer video is incredible.  He actually says

"the Bavarian Illuminati, Trilateral Commission, Goldman Sachs and the Queen of England are not all bad...Tim Geithner is doing a great job"

Not all bad?  They routinely commit crimes against humanity and have plotted our demise, which is progressing well from their perspective.  He misleads on one important detail - the Queen of England's role.  Many think the "British Crown" is the ruling monarch but actually, the Crown is used to represent the City of London, which is separate and sovereign from Great Britain.

The Bank of England is part of the "Crown" and while the ruling monarch holds some ownership, it would be a mistake to think she has real authority over the "Crown."

Larry

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

The end game is near.  There's just TOO MUCH "Illuminati Info" being slung around the media these days!  Up until a year ago you would have NEVER heard any of these terms on MSM!  Now we see "Secret Societies" and "Illuminati" and "Banking Cabal" all over the place.

I personally think they're leaking the info out slowly so the average person gets used to the ideas.  It's really "psych ops 101" if you think about it.  Constantly leak the terms, names, ideas and the people will willingly turn the other cheek when the hammer comes down.  The grip is tightening too damn fast for me!  They've sped up the process and I just don't think people will react fast enough to stop the final blow.  Ugh!!!

docmims's picture
docmims

My debt master beats me and feeds me scraps, but he's not all bad.  I think he's doing a good job.  Is that so bad to say?  At least I know what to expect.  Barter economy  ooooh so scary....

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Ill bet when Cramer was finished he went backstage and hacked up some of the black goo that is leaking from his soul then went and cashed the checks from those mentioned.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
LogansRun wrote:

The grip is tightening too damn fast for me!  They've sped up the process and I just don't think people will react fast enough to stop the final blow.  Ugh!!!

That's the exponential function for you......  bang on target, if you'll forgive the pun.

Mike

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments