BLAGOVETCH FOR PRESIDENT

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
BLAGOVETCH FOR PRESIDENT

i wish to nominate rod blagovetch for president.

my endorsement is based on the facts as i understand them.

this is a capitalist country in my view he is the foremost capitlaist in the country. he has something people want and they are willing to pay for it. so what is wrong with that?  i find his honesty refreshing in light of the behavior of other politicians. 

if we look at his resume above and beyond any one on the horizon (especially obama) we will know exactly what we are getting. 

a large part of the job of president is negotiating with not only congress but with leaders of other countries. as a tough negotiator i dont think he can be beat.

he has street smarts and understands how government and business really works.

i think his current problems are blown way out of proportion and proabably the result of political vendettas, or just plain jealousy.

and his decision to take on the bank of america remindeed me of ol hickory. i think if we paid him enough bribes he could get rid of the fed.

last and certainly not least his stand on the workers at republic window and door shows he is a true man of the people.

of course i could be wrong but hey what do we have to lose?

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Re: BLAGOVETCH FOR PRESIDENT

Not to mention that impeccable quaff he sports.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Blagojovich is a scumbag.

He's a great example of the corrupt Chicago political system, and should be likened to a common criminal, not a saavy businessman. The evidence is all over the State of Illinois. Living there will make it painfully obvious to anyone who gets caught in the bureaucratics.

Systems of finance and governing are a mirror of the ethics of their population.
Our population has been significantly dulled over the last 40 years under the guise of change and equality. Standards have been dropped from schools, and instead of healthy competition, we have a system which literally retards progress based on greed, and compassion. Instead of knowing defeat and understanding the rewards of victory, we implant "self-esteem", and wonder why our children are out of control.

So, from your posts, I take it that you have a horrible disdain for capitalism.
Have you considered that these changes occur in ANY system that removes ethics and a system of public standards?
Or that the push to liberalize and socialize our free-market economy has backfired? (while we ironically cry for MORE regulation)

It was OUR responsibility as citizens to ensure this kind of thing didn't happen. WE FAILED.

Our system is not flawed. We are. And when the dust settles, our system of governing and finance allowed the most significant technological changes and advances in human history.

I suggest instead of harping on capitalism, we start preaching moderation, and start leading by example instead of complaining about it on the internet, or using cynacism to exhonorate thieves as heros of a corrupt culture.

We've already got PLENTY of those in our movies, music and television.

Headless's picture
Headless

Aaron,

The background color of this post is white.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Meaning?

I'll take it you're implying that what I've said is obvious.
In which case your contribution to this was even less necessary than mine.

Thank you for once again taking an opportunty to be rude.
That's quickly becoming your hallmark.

DavidC's picture
DavidC

Do you mean quiff? Quaff is what I do with ale...

:-)

flymike's picture
flymike

We already voted, silly. Rod B must wait four years.

rlee's picture
rlee

Well Joe, if our system of government holds true, then you'll get your chance in a few years!  Marion Barry did crack and got his job back, why not the Rod-Man for president?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments