Blackstone Group

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
On Our Own's picture
On Our Own
Blackstone Group

I just recently found out that Blackstone Group is buying a company that I am invested in.  I have heard wonderful things from some about how successful they are......  yet others talk of their corruption and slash and burn tactics.

Can any of you wonderful people tell me anything about this firm?

strabes's picture
strabes
Re: Blackstone Group

Yes they are successful in their efforts because the sell-side muscle needed to ensure success is guaranteed for this buy-side firm given their membership in the club (they're a financial arm of CFR).  Their buy-side partners (though they sometimes front as their "competitors") are the other big boys KKR, Bain, Lee, etc so they are guaranteed the leverage needed to win bids.  The moves they make have strategic purpose, like perhaps helping to tie North America to China, not just wealth extraction.  So they might do hostile deals and rip a company apart in order to unseat controlling management or private owners.  They might just buy controlling stake to prop up current management and expand markets to extract value.  They might do a deal to gain control to move operations offshore for cheap labor turning a small midwest town into a wasteland.  To your question, the point is that some deals are slash and burn and some aren't.  As far as corruption goes, it would never be defined as such because, as Celente says, this is the anglo/harvard/yale/cfr/white shoe club (dare I say it, schwarzman is skull & bones...uber inside club with Bush, Carlyle, etc), but if it was a "family" of rich italians doing to a few local pizza joints in NJ the same thing, though with a bit less panache, that firms like Blackstone do to some companies, it wouldn't just be called corruption. 

V's picture
V

Strabes 

Your posts irritate me.................you sugarcoat everything.  Why don't you give it to us straight for once.  We can take it. LOL

V

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

Soooo,  they are of questionable ethics,  even more questionable allegiances,  and incredibly (in its original meaning) successful.  It is the political "ties" to China piece that alarms me.  Given what they appear to be up to at the moment - is there any possibility that the US gov't could be using them to protect an asset?  Could/Would the US use them as a front to acquire strategic assets?   If there was profit to be made would they cooperate?

strabes's picture
strabes

yes, yes, and yes (though strategic control is what firms like this are really after; profit is secondary).

they are really no more questionable than the core of our system is.  firms like this, and Carlyle, and Kissinger, working with governments and reshaping, guiding the top multi-national corporations and financial institutions prove how accurate Michael Corleone was when he told Senator Geary in the Godfather "we're both part of the same hypocrisy Senator."

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

OK accepting that this will sound completely naive since I really want your (and others) take on this - who is in charge of these strategic controls, the governments,  plural, or the international firms?

V's picture
V

Every shred of evidence says there are in reality no governments per se.

All that exists are corporations. Nations states disappeared long ago. The shadow of a government exists to keep the proletariat functioning under the illusion that they have some form of control or at least input. 

Do you think anyone one has any input or control other than corporate CEO'S? ex. Do you think Obama would take a call from you ......ever?

Do you think he would take a call from Blankfein or Dimon ........in nano  seconds?

V

strabes's picture
strabes

Well, both governments and corporations are front organizations for the owners.  Notice that corporate CEOs and government Prime Ministers / Presidents look the same, wear the same type of clothes, speak in the same PR-managed way, seem relatively young, only serve for a fairly short period of time, etc.  All of that is the mark of a salesman, a front man. 

The secret of capital ownership and control is insulating yourself from exposure.  So while Dimon and Blankfein would indeed be able to get Obama on the phone, the fact that we see them in the press, that they get grilled in front of Congress, that popular opinion can viciously turn on them, means that they are not the ones in charge.  They serve at the pleasure of the controlling owners. If they ever became a problem for the controllers they would be dumped.

Corporate and government leaders both pursue agendas that aren't necessarily popular for them.  So who are they working for?  They are pushing an agenda for the controllers and they get rewarded based on how well they take the heat while getting the agenda through.  Why did Clinton push NAFTA/GATT though his base was COMPLETELY opposed?  It was someone else's agenda and it was Clinton's job to carry the ball and take the hits. Why did Bush push free prescriptions though his base was COMPLETELY opposed?  Again, someone else's agenda. Why did Greenberg bring AIG to the point of total global collapse, something generally not in the interest of a company?  Someone's agenda. 

So enough annoying prep.  To answer your question, whose agenda?  In the US it's the CFR, and the power in that group roles up to Rockefeller.  As we learned from the mafia, family provides long-term stability, ownership, control, whereas short-term offices like CEO and President do not.  Everybody mentioned above is CFR.  All the firms listed above (Blackstone, KKR, Bain, etc) are CFR.  Important corporate board members are CFR.  Important CEOs are CFR.  Important government officials are CFR.  The key bankers are CFR.  The key corporate lawyers are CFR.  People with such wealth and power normally could care less about wasting time in a thinktank, which proves CFR is not just your average boring thinktank.

land2341's picture
land2341

OK Strabes,  where do you get your info?  The chair of blackstone is indeed a member,  but the chair or CEO of petroplus is not.  

So, the CFR serves as a shadow global governance?  If so,  then what is their mission?  It seems sometimes like it is simply profit,  but strategic alliances seem up there too.  There is posited the theory that multinational corporations help promote peace as they make more money when countries are not at war.   I have heard this called peace through profit.   But clearly there is also tons to be made in war and in taking over uncooperative governments.  

So what is their mission statement?

V's picture
V

As an addendum to the point Strabes is making I suggest a perusal of the Forbes list of the richest people. I got down to about 200 and never saw the name of a Rothschild. Curious?

V

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Fantastic thread, On Our Own's OP punches into an artery of information - thanks strabes and others!  

strabes, you explain the international power structure/network in a cool "matter of fact" manner, uncluttered with adjectives and conclusions.  Though I have to admit I enjoy some "rotten SOBs" sprinkled in every now and again!  

Larry

strabes's picture
strabes

thanks Larry.

land2341, the group pursues power and control, so they don't need CEOs, who are generally far less powerful than people think (except the CEOs of small software/.com companies because they don't need bank loans).  If you're the CEO of even a very powerful oil company, but your most senior creditor is JPM Chase, who really controls you and your company?  The CFR invites CEOs on board for many reasons.  The CEOs of financial companies like Blackstone will generally be included because finance/debt/credit is the means of power/control in our system.  But when it comes to the few operational companies that are important to CFR, you will see some CEOs, but instead you might see senior legal counsels, EVPs of strategy or international development, and other officers that specifically work in the areas CFR wants to influence.

My sources are personal experience, the online member rosters, and simply watching who gets in government and controls the system (like just so happens EVERY person involved with the derivatives setup and the post-crash response was CFR).  I went to school with a few of the younger CFR members.  I worked for a few CFR members.  One of my professors is now CFR.  At my last company in SF all of a sudden some new Yale lawyer from DC shows up as our chief legal counsel.  Makes no sense right?  Come to find out, he's CFR.  Then shazam, Colin Powell starts speaking at our marketing events, Wall St analysts make a sudden shift in their publications that helps us a lot, our P/E ratio shifts higher than competitive companies as liquidity is pumped in.  Hmm.  This meant that our technology had been chosen by CFR as a piece of their desired vision for global integration of the corporate world.  He was sent to the company to exert the influence necessary to ensure we pursued strategies in concert with the larger goal.  After a few years of watching the CEO, the legal counsel and Powell invited him to be CFR (it takes nomination of 2 members to be considered for membership).  He wasn't really important to them.  He was just a mega rich dude and a good salesman...useful type of person to have aligned with them even though most of them don't know what CFR is really doing.  I know my ex-CEO didn't have a clue.  His only interest is being part of an elite group because he was psychologically losing it, getting overweight, pursuing Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Hawaiian religions, all sorts of stuff trying to find a deeper meaning to life besides selling software.  The CFR gives him that sort of meaning...he's now part of something bigger. 

What is their goal?  Well answering this question might get this thread relegated to the dustbin, but here are some quotes that should answer the question:

David Rockefeller:  "The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

Carroll Quigley, member and group biographer in his book Tragedy & Hope: "The Council on Foreign Relations  ... the American Branch of a society which originated in England ... believes national boundaries should be obliterated and  one-world rule established."

ADM Chester Ward who was a big CFR member before fighting against it:  "The most powerful cliques in these elitist groups have one objective in common: they want to bring about the surrender of the sovereignty and national independence of the United States."

Senator William Jenner:  "Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government, a bureaucratic elite which believes our Constitution is outmoded."

FDR:  "The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson."

MarkM's picture
MarkM

As I continue to put things together, I recently wondered why John Thain continues to turn up in powerful positions in spite of sailing Merrill over the falls and resigning from B of A in a seemingly embarrassing moment.

It came to mind that maybe he was CFR.  A couple of keystrokes and I had my answer, in more ways than one.

Carl Veritas's picture
Carl Veritas

Sprinkle a little of the word    CABAL  then it becomes really exciting.

land2341's picture
land2341

OK I get and believe the idea that there are supranational forces and governance.  And I see clearly that a small percentage of the population owns all of the money which makes us all there slaves.  OK got that.

But seriously if there really is a cabal in charge - they seem to be doing a pretty bad job.  I get the create a panic to push the acceptance of global currency and global leadership idea,  but it looks like they were more successful in the dark.

Why think conspiracy when incompetence and stupidity will do?

strabes's picture
strabes

The system isn't monolithic.  Just look at how Lehman was full of non-Ivy types so they let that one go.  It and Bear Stearns had become the "blue collar" firm of street scrappers, which I'd prefer because that's the innocent type of crowd that's just fighting for profit.  There are competing factions, but none have the power of the CFR faction.  I think Thain was an outsider even though he's a Harvard boy, or he had crossed them, which is why he was made to look like a fool (remember, ALL the Wall St banks are completely broke if you include their derivatives positions, especially JPM Chase, yet Dimon is heralded as a hero while Thain is taken down...BS).  Maybe not.  Maybe he's in the circle.  But CIT is a competing faction.  It is serving small biz...CFR wants small biz shutdown.  It wants monopoly control with big multi-nationals.  Remember the govt was going to drive CIT out of business and the big boy firms were going to takeover in the early stages of the post-crash...no better way to gain control over US-wide small biz than seize its bank. 

strabes's picture
strabes

land, I know it's much easier to believe in stupidity and randomness.  but that doesn't fit with the facts.  I disagree stupidity "will do."  does JPM Chase emerge with monopolistic power over the purchasing power of Americans through random stupidity?  entropy is the law of the universe.  to overcome entropy, it requires planning, strategy, etc.  in fact all of human history is driven by planning/strategy (what you call conspiracy).  and the world we see today is one big step closer to the desired world in the PUBLISHED documents and statements of these people.  writing that off as coincidence requires a leap of faith.

how are they doing a bad job?  I think they've been incredibly successful at taking over the most powerful free republic in history, driving it to bankruptcy, integrating it with the world, sending its assets to Asia, and making all of us incredibly dependent on a monolithic system which will render most Americans helpless when it crashes...they will be begging for the solution proposed by the financial powers. 

when you see that solution, global integration, if it comes in your lifetime, will you still deny it was planned? 

land2341's picture
land2341

I see your point strabe,  really I do,  and I am not denying the supranational governance push.  The reason I say they are doing a poor job of it is that in their drive to attain openly what they already had,  they had to kill the golden goose.  Granted they have others and will create others.  I am not denying that the cabal exists,  I just agree more with your statement that it is not a monolithic force.  There seems to me to be internal disagreement amongst the elite.  Perhaps conflicting personal ambitions.  

They already had as close to global governance as I think it is possible to have.  Humans are stupid and malleable,  but they are also stubborn and resourceful; and they do much better when led rather than pushed.  As Americans our rights had already been whittled away.  Our middle class had already sold itself into debt slavery.  Our political system had already been sold to the highest bidder (with a new supreme court ruling to make it all easier).  

This seems like overkill.  A cabal that had a plan that has gone awry.    Honestly,  I wish I had more faith that there was some master plan.  

strabes's picture
strabes
Quote:

The reason I say they are doing a poor job of it is that in their drive to attain openly what they already had,  they had to kill the golden goose

ah...I agree with that.  In order to get what they wanted, at some point they were going to have to go public with a global structure.  Now we'll see if centrifugal forces (people, free-thinking governments like Iceland) fight back and overpower the centripetal forces (the global monetary system built on debt).  This is where it gets dangerous.  I think the royal families and financiers will stop at nothing to get what they want, so we're going to see war, terror attacks, economic calamity, etc. to scare the crap out of people.  Will fear win?  We'll see.  They're using a crisis right now in Greece to outlaw cash...one of their goals.  Looks like the population is going along with it.

land2341's picture
land2341

The iron law of oligarchy states that no matter the nature of the group eventually power becomes concentrated in the hands of a few.

I suspect that one of this issues that will compound the danger is that some of these people will want to ensure that they, and not someone else, are members of that "few".

V's picture
V

I just posted this link on the Ruppert thread but I think it belongs here as well. Hillary at the CFR

V

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments