Last post
xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Bill Would Declare Your Blog a Weapon

Bill Would Declare Your Blog a Weapon

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Re: Bill Would Declare Your Blog a Weapon

That's typical.  Whenever something in the 1% bell-curve spindle-ends happens, they make whatever they can most closely associate as the cause illegal.

When that woman in Texas drowned her kids in a bathtub a few years ago, I thought for sure they'd make bathtubs illegal.

Supreme Court will laugh this one out of town, if it passes.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

This bill would give TPTB the twisted "justification" to shut down blogs like that of Chris Martenson on the grounds that it is destabalizing to the market. It's "unpatriotic" and "subversive to government policy."

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
xraymike79 wrote:

This bill would give TPTB the twisted "justification" to shut down blogs like that of Chris Martenson on the grounds that it is destabalizing to the market. It's "unpatriotic" and "subversive to government policy."

Well . . . this kinda seems like just another tier of trying to control the content, if you know what I mean . . . . . . I'm sure that these folks think of the entire country, or perhaps even the world, as their territory, and the internet as their vehicle, and of folks who inhabit sites like this one as people who just aren't grateful enough for all the crumbs they've let fall from the table.  With a little luck, they'll be gracious enough to allow us to think about these things, and maybe even whisper about them, as long as we keep it down, limit ourselves to a bit of personal greed and don't say anything that might cause anyone to feel a sense of conviction . .  .

britinbe's picture
britinbe

Its been a while since I read 1984 in school, but maybe I should dig it out again and refresh my memory....Smile

Kneale's attack on blogers on CNBC was quite telling of the MSM general attitude.  Question is, what will be next?  Restrictions on school debating societies??

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
britinbe wrote:

Its been a while since I read 1984 in school, but maybe I should dig it out again and refresh my memory....Smile

Kneale's attack on blogers on CNBC was quite telling of the MSM general attitude.  Question is, what will be next?  Restrictions on school debating societies??

Night and Fog.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments