Big Surprise for 2011

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Septimus's picture
Septimus
Big Surprise for 2011

I received this presentation link in an email because I am on the Washington's Times email list. It is from Stanberry research (I have nothing to do with them) and does toot their own horn BUT, it also fits right in with Chris Martenson's  (and most of our) outlooks on money and what is happening with the U.S. dollar. I just listened to it and would love to hear your thoughts on it. It sounds like they have come to the obvious conclusion and I post this here because this is good news that this understanding is being broadcast to who knows how many people who would otherwise not hear this message...

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/LPSILC96/PR

Septimus's picture
Septimus
Re: Big Surprise for 2011

I should warn that the presentation is 1 hour 16 minutes long (about the first hour before getting more into their services but still has much worth listening to even in the last 15 minutes) but it well worth listening to, filled with facts that draw to the unavoidable conclusion. It may be something that is easier for the "non-believer" to listen to and could open their eyes...

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

Ready's picture
Ready

Please be VERY CAREFUL with this firm.

http://greenlaserreviews.com/2010/12/03/stansberry-review/

Quote:

After being let go from Agora Financial LLC in 1998, editor Frank Porter Stansberry leveraged his Florida connections into continued employment at the Oxford Club, where he launched a successful new product, Pirate Investor, with the help of marketing maven “Michael Masterson”. In 1999, his cluster of new publications was spun off into a new business, Pirate Investor LLC. An aggressive promotion from 2001 brought Stansberry to the attention of the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission, who filed a complaint against him, Pirate Investor, and its holding company, Agora Inc., in 2003.

In 2007, Stansberry and Pirate Investor LLC (renamed Stansberry & Ass. Investment Research LLC in 2005,) but not Agora, Inc., were convicted of stock fraud by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, (Civil Action No. MJG-03-1042; filed 08/03/2007).

Quote:

Stansberry & Ass.’s copywriting team excels at the creation of what we at Green Laser Reviews call “Snipe-Hunt” promos, i.e., hoaxes in which prospects are introduced to a novel-sounding type of security or strategy (“Mainz Revenues Stream,” “Thermogenic Oil,” etc.) for existing equities. As no information on these terms is obtainable outside the publisher’s instant “information monopoly,” readers are motivated to pay up to $5,000 for an annual subscription to a service, which then will divulge the “Snipe Hunt” security.

hucklejohn's picture
hucklejohn

I watched the whole thing yesterday.  I found it very good.  There was one major point in the video that I have seen little discussed elsewhere.  The point made was that in most countries a high standard of living can only be supported by a highly productive work force.  In contrast American for decades have been getting a free ride to high levels of consumption merely because the dollar is the world's reserve currency and as such there is a high demand for dollars for trade purposes.  (One example given was the contrast between our relatively low gas prices (at the pump) compared to much higher prices elsewhere.)  Obviously there are many other factors involved in America's multi-decade "prosperity" bubble. 

hucklejohn's picture
hucklejohn

Thanks for the heads up, Ready!

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer

I just watched it  and agree - it has some interesting takes as USD / world currancy position for trading gold, oil and other pms. I also agree we are seeing the "signs" when China buys in other currancy and holds so many USDs. . . .which is a turning point I had been watching for closely. Though I agree a tipping point / critical mass is out there - I don't see the other countries following suit yet. When they do - it'll be a race to convert before they can't. I do think the IMF will step in (a tool former hyper-inflated currancies didn't have) and peg it to something other than its debt for a more orderly decline - but a decline none the less..

Which is a point to make, we know the outcome of this much printing and I have to say, the decline has been kept orderly so far. I have to hand it to them, it could have been much worse, or maybe the worse it yet to come. The goal "appears to be" to make money on the decline by "de-powering" as cash-for-caulkers, rebates for energy efficient windows, insulation and other energy conservation products are promoted with tax off-sets.

Thanks Ready  for the heads up - $50 bucks is still Fifty Bucks.

EGP

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Having watched it, I come away from it with the sense of it being a prelude to a get rich quick scheme that happens to play on fear as well as greed.  It has some good info in it, but IMO uses that as a tool primarly to sell their product rather than bringing awareness to more people.  It may make more people aware of upcoming problems, but is also likely to encourage excessive greed and fear in their reaction, a combination that usually yields bad results.  I'm not so sure that will be a net benefit for them or society in the long run. 

As Septimus said it's useful as a gauge to measure growing awareness of the economic predicament, but as far as the company itself I smell BS.  "Information you're only likely to hear here".... "lucrative AND safe".... this guy sounds like he should be selling miracle tonics out of a wagon in the town square. 

- Nickbert

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer

Right Nickbert-

I smell blood in the water when someone says the world would drop the USD as the Reserve currancy. Until another currancy can immediately step up to peg chaos, it could mean a serious situation for those buying oil, gold or other commodities in USD. . .not just the US people. Though several currancies are on the horizon (an Asian & European currancy are being setup) - I see nothing being developed to peg from chaos. Any loss of "faith" is everything this guy says it is - and maybe more. I didn't buy his stuff since each person needs has their own situation to consider and he couldn't possibly tell others to prepare by growing a garden.

Until I see an acceptable substitute that is not founded on "faith that its good" then I have to agree that all persons should act accordingly in their best interests in acquiring tangible goods or skills to acquire them when needed - as needed.

Peace out - EGP

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments