Biden on Stimulus: ‘Never Thought It Would Work This Well’

1 post / 0 new
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Biden on Stimulus: ‘Never Thought It Would Work This Well’

Complete Article Link

Wall Street Journal  - Vice President Joe Biden delivered a rousing review of the government’s economic stimulus plan in a conversation with the nation’s governors. “In my wildest dreams, I never thought it would work this well,” he said. “Thank you, thank you.”

“What you guys are doing is having an impact on the economy…knock wood,” said Biden, punctuating it with the sound of knocking ostensibly on a wooden surface.

Nixon thanked the vice president for his work on the stimulus. “I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your…interest,” he said.

“Pure self interest, Jay,” Biden responded. “If it fails, I’m dead.”

"Dead" as in living life as an uber wealthy and privileged aristocrat no matter how much "We the People" suffer from his "leadership."  How do we end up voting against the bigger idiot - partnered with a bigger idiot (the VP)?  The reason is we are caught in the stranglehood of "two party tyranny." 

Presidential debates were once controlled by the nonpartisan "League of Women Voters."  Everyone seemed content until Ross Perot (the chart man) came close to winning the election through his candor and performance through the debates. 

On October 2, 1988, the LWV's 14 trustees voted unanimously to pull out of the debates, and on October 3 they issued a dramatic press release:

The League of Women Voters is withdrawing sponsorship of the presidential debates...because the demands of the two campaign organizations would perpetrate a fraud on the American voter. It has become clear to us that the candidates' organizations aim to add debates to their list of campaign-trail charades devoid of substance, spontaneity and answers to tough questions. The League has no intention of becoming an accessory to the hoodwinking of the American public.

The same year the two major political parties assumed control of organizing presidential debates through the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). The commission has been headed since its inception by former chairs of the Democratic National Committee and Republican National Committee.

So...the democrats and republicans run the debates...and there will be no third party, or even an independent candidates as long as we are foolish enough to allow two proven loser parties to run the process.  We need more, and better quality debates with more than 2 candidates.

Larry

Login or Register to post comments