The best 4th of July Tea Party Speech...Pastor Steven Anderson

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
The best 4th of July Tea Party Speech...Pastor Steven Anderson

Background: Steve Anderson was beaten and tasered for standing up for his rights at a check-point (here's a video link of the beating - warning, it's graphic). 

Larry

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Re: The best 4th of July Tea Party Speech...Pastor Steven ...
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

Background: Steve Anderson was beaten and tasered for standing up for his rights at a check-point (here's a video link of the beating - warning, it's graphic). 

Larry

Great speech. I could have done without the religious references for the most part, but I admire his standing up for our universal rights.

JAG's picture
JAG

I'm sorry, but there was absolutely no need to taser that guy. They outnumbered the guy 10 to 1! If they can't pull him out of the car with 10 guys, then they shouldn't be carrying weapons. 

The preacher's speech, however, I felt was rather ineffective.  But then again, I think I have been spoiled by Dr. M's higher standard of not relying on religion and politics to make his argument.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

While I regret that anyone should be beaten and tasered for simply defending their rights, in a way, it's encouraging that a baptist minister made the stand.  Hopefully, he will have credibility with his congregation, other religious leaders and the general public.

I've scratched my head many times wondering why the vast majority of "religious" leaders have been silent on human rights and usury.  Many have even advanced immoral wars against muslims which would seem to be incompatible with their theology and dogma.  

I have no fish to fry as I am not a religious person and not affiliated with any religious group.  My take is that religion has been more of a problem than a viable moral guide.  I was encouraged when Mr. Anderson said that we are guilty of cruel and unusual punishment, and torture supported by the bogus rationalization that they are not Americans and thus, they don't rate the constitutional protection given to a citizen.

We need every freedom lover we can muster to turn the tide of oppression.  I really don't care if they are religious or not; the important point is that our numbers are growing. 

Larry  

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

This is how they treat US.

Like dogs.

MarkM's picture
MarkM

Many are tasered without cause.  It has become merely a form of control and "street justice".  Most of these people could be controlled with proper joint locks.   However, that would require an officer to be trained and physically competent.

If people can't see where this is headed, they are blind.  I have followed this story from the beginning and I am amazed at the number of people that, when I relate it to them, say, "Well, why didn't he just do what they wanted him to."

I liked the speech. It was passionate and a call to action, regardless of any religious overtones.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments