Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and beliefs with family and friends

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
twig_oak's picture
twig_oak
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 29 2009
Posts: 11
Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and beliefs with family and friends

First of all I thank God that my brother shared the Crash Course with me. I have taken the red pill and it has changed my life forever. Since then I have been able to share the crash course with several family members and friends over the past year. Many of these people I consider to be very intelligent and are people I care about. What I have found is that most times I get the vibe that they think I am some kind of nut or some will say there is nothing we can do about it. Meanwhile while my family has become debt free, have a good size food pantry, have significantly addressed our protection needs, and have acquired PMs. While they continue to live as if there is no tomorrow, increasing their debt obligations. Many have made the argument that over time the stock market will provide healthy returns, housing prices over time always go up and that the US will always be the world's super power. With the DOW recently breaking 10,000 I have had several of them tell me that I am missing the boat and I will rue the day that I lost all trust in the markets and banks. While others opinions have never really affected me personally I still care for these people and worry that they will one day be sadly mistaken. The dilemma is that if everything that I have been preparing for does happen ( which I believe it will ) I believe that many of my family members will then be at my door step expecting me to help them out. I have a wife and two sons, one of which is handicapped I do not have the money nor the storage space to prepare for those other than my immediate family. I believe that if that day comes it will be very hard to turn them away but my responsibilities are to my wife and children first.

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 22 2008
Posts: 855
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared.  The consequences of not being prepared could be dire.

Ask them how they felt last November.  That feeling is not worth the risk to me.  Everyone has to make their own decisions.  Personally, I refuse to allow Wall Street to have my money to play with anymore and I am satisfied with that decision.

If the time should come that your family needs your help, you will find a way yo help them in some degree.  I agree that immediate family is first.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 3998
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

I'm baffled by the hype over the DOW reaching 10,000....... it did this in 1999, or in other words has gone NOWHERE in 10 years!

Greedy gambling...... that's all all that investing stuff is. Once you've got everything you need to survive...... well you don't need any more now do you?

Mike

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Welcome to the Club, Matt . . . We are nuts . . . But that's beside the point . . .

In this world, in the end, you'll only have yourself to answer to . . . so diligently seek the truth, and act on it . . . Others may or may not follow . . . That doesn't change the course that you're on, or the outcome. 

With regard to oasis-crashing family . . . Yeah, that's a drag . . . For myself, I deal with that prospect thusly:

1)  I put up more than my immediate family will need.

2)  I do my best to wake my family and friends up, and to get them to act.

3)  If that produces no results, I put them on a reality notice that I won't be able to help them much after their error becomes undeniable and irreparable.

 

So, how it worked in my house was thus:  Our nearest relatives, my inlaws, after an initial panic during the crash last fall, had fallen back into apathy, and were even  bitching (behind our backs, of course) about how "crazy" all of our preparations were.  So, after mulling this over, one day, we put this ultimatum to them:  In so many words, we told them that the Ark door was closing, and that, if they wanted a ticket to be on board, they'd better get their heinies in gear, and start pitching in.  They aren't much for bucks, so we didn't require a financial contribution from them.   However, they're still capable of light work, so, instead of shouldering everything ourselves, for the four of us, we divvied up jobs.  Mom got promoted to Food Prep Czar.  She is responsible for locating, collecting, and preparing food for canning and preserving by other methods.  Dad was appointed Garden Soil Czar.  His current responsibility is to see to it that the gardens are prepared, each season, as needed.  Hubby handles all of the building and remodelling, including remodelling our home so that we can shoehorn the inlaws in here, when need be.  My job is to plan, finance, and procure, and to make sure that everyone has what they need, in materials, equipment, tools, and knowledge, to get their jobs done.  I also handle all of the horticulture.  Of course, this is highly oversimplified, but you get the picture . . .

The result?  So far, so good.  Surprisingly, the bitching has stopped, and they are both enthusiastically on board . . . In fact, they seem to be thriving on taking some action, and on being part of an extended family, in a very concrete manner.  They also seem to respond well to being the "boss" of their own territory . . . I think that's a role that our oldsters kind of miss . . . With the world changing so quickly, and the general disregard that older folks get in our "modern" society, they don't get enough sense of dignity and authority, in the normal course of things.  Though we jokingly call them "czars", I can tell that they secretly get a bit of a charge out of it. 

Anyway, I don't know whether this helps in any way, for your situation . . . For us, a "You're in or you're out" edict was useful . . . but then, that's a hat that fits me well . . .

 

PS:  If anyone repeats a word of this to my inlaws, you'll have to face The [Cloud]Fire . . . . Wink . . . So, mum's the word. Sealed. . .

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 15 2008
Posts: 358
The ones that listen are...

in their 70's and 80's.

My Aunt and her friends can see and understand what is going on.

I talk to them and show them what is happening and they get it!

Why? Because they lived through a depression and WW2 and saw the propaganda back then and what resulted.

The have also seen many governments come and go and political oppression, revolution and martial law.

History is their teacher.

Soon it will become ours... but too late for many I fear.

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Welcome friend!

I completely understand your frustration. In fact, only 2 of my friends have watched the crashcourse. One of them rejected it and the other has knowledge. The rest of them are sleeping. Its sad too because most of my network of people have JD's, PHD's, BA's, MBA's etc etc. Its almost as if this class of people will be less prepared then the blue collar man. Strange, how people who work at gas stations have a "feeling" that things will get worse whereas my college educated friends think they are smart cus they read CNN MSN FOX DRUDGE REPORT. Dare the educated types trust a site such as CM or Zerohedge, Calculated risk, Mish.

As CM says in the crash course: first the truth is laughed at, then opposed, then accepted as self evident. Most people today are in the laughing phase. Once you realize that people who dont care for the truth dont DESERVE to know the truth, you wont care about them thinking your crazy or for caring whether they know or not. Its sounds cold hearted by tough. The information is out there on the net for all to see. What, are we some geniouses for finding these sites? No, we just ask questions, we dont believe what the MSM says. We seek truth.

All of us here in the CM community have different beliefs on what the future will look like. Some see it as dark and impoverished, others see a slow decline. Others see a great depression II. Either way, most of us here can agree that based on the facts of unsustainable debt, money printing, limitied cheap oil supply, future US liabilities, we know that the next 20 years wont look anything like the past 20 years. We know that inflation will cause severe hardship to many. We know that our money system of exponential debt will hit a wall sooner or later (as it may already had hit the wall).

The only advice i can give all who read this post is this: things will change for the worse but we can still be optimistic and happy. We could prepare and at the same time hope that things could get better. We can learn many new things about living on a smaller scale. The relationships we make on this journey will be strong as the truth and integrity bind us together. I for one cant wait for the current system to come to a end as the corruption and arrogance and deceit coming at the top is so frustrating. At least in feudal times the serfs knew that they were serfs and also knew that the nobility was the nobility. Now, the serfs are constantly lied to and think they are middle class but little do they know that they are on the road to serfdom quickly.

Whether the outcome is a 5 year depression or a 30 year paradigm shift at least we will be physically, mentally, emotionally prepared. Let the sheep depend on CNN then.

 

The bear

 

 

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
Quote:

most of my network of people have JD's, PHD's, BA's, MBA's etc etc. Its almost as if this class of people will be less prepared then the blue collar man

The JDs and MBAs are the worst.  They're establishment thinkers...the elite's worker bees that have created the exponential system of debt, banking, corporations.  In some ways they're the most indoctrinated since the pavlovian system rewards the A students the most, so of course they're going to be the last capable of waking up to how they've been used. Some will continue to be used as the system collapses because the elite will need to maintain a portion of the corporate system to maintain the pyramid...much like they're doing in China...a small corporate class to run things...everyone else is a serf.

Quote:

I for one cant wait for the current system to come to a end as the corruption and arrogance and deceit coming at the top is so frustrating.

Agreed.  Looking forward to the collapse.  I just hope it really collapses instead of being morphed into the next phase of control the elite is planning--global banking and government--because that elite is responsible for the unsustainable system in the first place.  They should be punished.  

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
strabes wrote:

I just hope it really collapses instead of being morphed into the next phase of control the elite is planning--global banking and government--because that elite is responsible for the unsustainable system in the first place.  

Now, that's what I'm talking about . . . .

mpelchat's picture
mpelchat
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 10 2008
Posts: 214
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Matt Welcome to the club,

We all have gotten that.  People do not want to beleive change is coming  even if the proof is in there face with facts.  They want predictable, even if predictable is horrible. 

Good luck on your journey in the time to come.

 

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 11 2009
Posts: 2252
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Yes Matt -- keep your chin up, man.  I mostly get denial from the people around me, apart from those already in on the Reality of Coming Things.  When I tell my brother that if TSHTF he & his family can come stay with us, at least he just nods instead of giving me his "things are just going to go sideways for awhile" monologue (like he used to last year)...

Viva -- Sager

britinbe's picture
britinbe
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 28 2008
Posts: 381
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

My response is "I would sooner be mad than right"

More and more people seem to waking up though, it just depends whether they are open to asking the right questions.

As an aside, the BBC have been showing two series, one titled the Victorian Farmer and the other looking at life for civilians in WW2 using real people who live the experience.  Is the education wrt looking back or forward I ask myself.Undecided

 

yoshhash's picture
yoshhash
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 20 2008
Posts: 271
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

welcome, friend.  I get the same reaction with most of the people I introduce the CC to.  Try not to take it personally, and be proud that you tried to do the right thing.  Even if this does not go down during our lifespan, we all know that common sense and restraint and self-sufficiency never goes out of style......

JAG's picture
JAG
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 26 2008
Posts: 2492
Being Prudent

 Matt/Nancy

It sounds like everything you have done is quite prudent, whether there is a collapse in our future or not. Use the "non-believers" in your life as a context in which to judge your point of view. Its easy to go overboard with the "preparation for the end" mindset. Use the nay-saying to help you find a balance in your personal perspective. If these people in your life mean something to you, then make sure that you keep an open mind (and ear) to what they are trying to tell you. Personally, I value the opinions of my family and friends more than I do the opinions of people that I have never met face to face and looked in the eye

Prudent - acting with or showing care and thought for the future. (whether that future is "ours" or "theirs" or somewhere in between)

All the best...Jeff

livsez's picture
livsez
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 1 2008
Posts: 71
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Welcome to the club, and thank you for starting this thread.  I experience it every day, especially out here in LA LA land California.  It's become almost comical to me during conversations with the "unaware" when I point out reality and am labeled as the doom and gloom guy.  Just today someone said during lunch how they "feel" things are just getting so much better with the economy and how much "hope" they have for the future.  They proceeded to lecture me on how I should just take a more positive and optimistic viewpoint.  You can imagine where the conversation went when I said that I have chosen not to bury my he head in the sand and actually started doing something about it 18 months ago.  Although many of my closest friendships have been strained because for whatever reason I pose a threat to their way of thinking, I find solace here at CM in knowing all of you are out there.  Keep on trusting yourselves!

Cheers.

Livio

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
livio wrote:

They proceeded to lecture me on how I should just take a more positive and optimistic viewpoint

Ya know I think that's a step in the right direction because at least they have a friggin thought, they can engage the conversation no matter how wrong they are...it seems they could potentially wakeup if somebody presented the basic math to them about exponential money.  Most people I encounter can't engage.  It just can't compute in their heads.  If you're talking about the NFL games from last weekend, they're all over it, but talk about money, banks, economics, and they're like "uhhhh...wanna play XBOX?" like Beavis & Butthead.

 

Mr. Fri's picture
Mr. Fri
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 21 2009
Posts: 220
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Matt & Nancy,

As everyone else has been saying, we all experience the rejection when we're trying to warn them. I try to be careful to not sound like an OT prophet and preach doom to them.  And, I'm real careful to quickly tell my church friends that I don't think this is "the end."  Rather, I say it will be similar to the great depression.  Life still goes on but those people had a hard life for a while. 

Yes, it does get VERY frustrating when those who you care about don't want to look at the facts and ignore what's happening. However, one of the most encouraging things someone pointed out to me is this: When it becomes obvious that the economy is crashing around us, they will come to you for advice. And, you have the advantage of time, both from an emotional and learning viewpoint.  You have already gone through the emotions of "Is this really happening?" and "Panic, panic... what do I do now?"   They will not be thinking straight and you can help them get to the next step (whatever that will be at the time) faster than others around them.  For example, gold might already be at $2,000 an once and rising but you can help them buy it quickly before it gets any higher.  You've already done the research and know how to buy gold and from whom.  You will save them a lot of time which could matter a lot.  Only a few days head start in front of the masses would help them out a lot. I try to keep this in mind as I continue to learn and be aware of the situations around us.

I hope this helps you. I does me.

><>Larry

twig_oak's picture
twig_oak
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 29 2009
Posts: 11
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Thank you all for your responses to this thread. It does help to know that others have experienced some of the same things that I have. One thing that I take comfort in is that all the preparations that we have made regardless of the future outcome of our economy will have positive effects for our family. Also I am very grateful of my supportive wife who is on board 100%. I also appreciate the support I receive here on the CM site.

 

Thanks Again,

Matt

keelba's picture
keelba
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 17 2008
Posts: 55
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
bearmarkettrader wrote:

I for one cant wait for the current system to come to a end as the corruption and arrogance and deceit coming at the top is so frustrating. At least in feudal times the serfs knew that they were serfs and also knew that the nobility was the nobility. Now, the serfs are constantly lied to and think they are middle class but little do they know that they are on the road to serfdom quickly.

That sounds like a pretty sick thing to say.  That's like saying "I can't wait for this massive hurricane to hurry up and get here because I'm tired of being hunkered down and I want to go swimming again." It is something that I know is inevitable and I certainly hate the anxiety of waiting for it but I do not look forward to it happening. I wish things could "go back to 2005" and stay that way but I understand the reality. Please learn to enjoy the "good times" now because they won't last instead of looking forward to worse times. I hope when the SHTF that you and your family are protected from the chaos and anarchy that may come from the crash and I hope at the time that you're not revelling in enjoyment at the downfall of our country and the loss of lives and livelihoods of the majority of Americans. Just because someone knew he was a serf in feudal times did not make his standard of living better than the "serfs" of today. Things were pretty rough back then.

I have tried to spread the word to at least a dozen people, friends, family and coworkers. Other than my wife (thank God!) I think only 1 person has really bothered to try to prepare. The rest are in denial and sick of my "attitude". I had some family members get mad at us for "forcing" them to buy silver last year when it was high. It has since gone down in value and now I'm the bad guy giving bad investment advice. It doesn't matter that I explain why they're actually buying silver and it isn't because it such a great investment. My neighbors barely speak to me anymore since trying to get them to watch the CC. People at work call me the "Doom & Gloom Guy". The thing I find soooooo ironic is how easily these people will put faith in religion, something they have no first hand experience about since they did not live 2,000 years ago. They must take it on face value that what has been written and translated over and over is truly "The Word". But when you try to show them real facts and real evidence that says "the next 20 years will be very different than the last 20 years" they cannot accept it. It's easier to believe a minister than cold hard facts.

I no longer care what other people think or do for themselves. The only thing that matters to me now is preparing for my immediate family's future. That means my wife and children only. The brothers and sisters, parents, aunts, uncles and friends have all been warned, repeatedly. There is nothing more I can do to help them. When they come knocking on my door looking for food and shelter, well that's one of the reasons I now own a gun. I'm sorry to say it but I cannot help everyone.

On the other hand, maybe I should be glad no one gets it. Afterall, our fiat system is based on faith. When all the people lose faith it will come crashing down. Their faith in this dying system prolongs it and gives me more time to prepare and enjoy the world as it is today before it is all gone.

jpitre's picture
jpitre
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 3 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

I find it strange how many people see the Crash Course concepts as doom and gloom when I see my perception of the next 20 years as just the way it is and am going about my life in preparation for where we are going. I am actually quite happy about having a direction to take and plan in place. In fact I feel much better about our future knowing more of the facts rather than just having a sense of foreboding knowing that many things are not right, but not being able to tie the pieces together.

A typical response I hear is that I don't want to hear "that stuff" because I can't focus on my job (especially sales) with an optimistic outlook and consequently I will fail. I try to get then idea across that with knowledge we are all able to to  a better job by applying what we know to our workplace, however, I usually get a blank stare.

Jim

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2009
Posts: 848
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

 

I have learned to be very cautious in who I engage in this conversation due to lack of interest and disbelief. I now have an idea of what I will say next time I do engage and find some incredulity. I will pose a question like: How do we get out of this debt? Whatever the answer is, I will pose another question. For instance, if they say we'll pay it back over time,  then ask "How?"  in order to make people think about it. Maybe that will work. Can't hurt.

 

 

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 27 2008
Posts: 1200
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
bearmarkettrader wrote:

Welcome friend!

I completely understand your frustration. In fact, only 2 of my friends have watched the crashcourse. One of them rejected it and the other has knowledge. The rest of them are sleeping. Its sad too because most of my network of people have JD's, PHD's, BA's, MBA's etc etc. Its almost as if this class of people will be less prepared then the blue collar man. Strange, how people who work at gas stations have a "feeling" that things will get worse whereas my college educated friends think they are smart cus they read CNN MSN FOX DRUDGE REPORT. Dare the educated types trust a site such as CM or Zerohedge, Calculated risk, Mish.

As CM says in the crash course: first the truth is laughed at, then opposed, then accepted as self evident. Most people today are in the laughing phase. Once you realize that people who dont care for the truth dont DESERVE to know the truth, you wont care about them thinking your crazy or for caring whether they know or not. Its sounds cold hearted by tough. The information is out there on the net for all to see. What, are we some geniouses for finding these sites? No, we just ask questions, we dont believe what the MSM says. We seek truth.

All of us here in the CM community have different beliefs on what the future will look like. Some see it as dark and impoverished, others see a slow decline. Others see a great depression II. Either way, most of us here can agree that based on the facts of unsustainable debt, money printing, limitied cheap oil supply, future US liabilities, we know that the next 20 years wont look anything like the past 20 years. We know that inflation will cause severe hardship to many. We know that our money system of exponential debt will hit a wall sooner or later (as it may already had hit the wall).

The only advice i can give all who read this post is this: things will change for the worse but we can still be optimistic and happy. We could prepare and at the same time hope that things could get better. We can learn many new things about living on a smaller scale. The relationships we make on this journey will be strong as the truth and integrity bind us together. I for one cant wait for the current system to come to a end as the corruption and arrogance and deceit coming at the top is so frustrating. At least in feudal times the serfs knew that they were serfs and also knew that the nobility was the nobility. Now, the serfs are constantly lied to and think they are middle class but little do they know that they are on the road to serfdom quickly.

Whether the outcome is a 5 year depression or a 30 year paradigm shift at least we will be physically, mentally, emotionally prepared. Let the sheep depend on CNN then.

 

The bear

 

 

POST OF THE MONTH!

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 27 2008
Posts: 1200
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
bearmarkettrader wrote:

Welcome friend!

I completely understand your frustration. In fact, only 2 of my friends have watched the crashcourse. One of them rejected it and the other has knowledge. The rest of them are sleeping. Its sad too because most of my network of people have JD's, PHD's, BA's, MBA's etc etc. Its almost as if this class of people will be less prepared then the blue collar man. Strange, how people who work at gas stations have a "feeling" that things will get worse whereas my college educated friends think they are smart cus they read CNN MSN FOX DRUDGE REPORT. Dare the educated types trust a site such as CM or Zerohedge, Calculated risk, Mish.

As CM says in the crash course: first the truth is laughed at, then opposed, then accepted as self evident. Most people today are in the laughing phase. Once you realize that people who dont care for the truth dont DESERVE to know the truth, you wont care about them thinking your crazy or for caring whether they know or not. Its sounds cold hearted by tough. The information is out there on the net for all to see. What, are we some geniouses for finding these sites? No, we just ask questions, we dont believe what the MSM says. We seek truth.

All of us here in the CM community have different beliefs on what the future will look like. Some see it as dark and impoverished, others see a slow decline. Others see a great depression II. Either way, most of us here can agree that based on the facts of unsustainable debt, money printing, limitied cheap oil supply, future US liabilities, we know that the next 20 years wont look anything like the past 20 years. We know that inflation will cause severe hardship to many. We know that our money system of exponential debt will hit a wall sooner or later (as it may already had hit the wall).

The only advice i can give all who read this post is this: things will change for the worse but we can still be optimistic and happy. We could prepare and at the same time hope that things could get better. We can learn many new things about living on a smaller scale. The relationships we make on this journey will be strong as the truth and integrity bind us together. I for one cant wait for the current system to come to a end as the corruption and arrogance and deceit coming at the top is so frustrating. At least in feudal times the serfs knew that they were serfs and also knew that the nobility was the nobility. Now, the serfs are constantly lied to and think they are middle class but little do they know that they are on the road to serfdom quickly.

Whether the outcome is a 5 year depression or a 30 year paradigm shift at least we will be physically, mentally, emotionally prepared. Let the sheep depend on CNN then.

 

The bear

 

 

POST OF THE MONTH!

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

 

The rest are in denial and sick of my "attitude". I had some family members get mad at us for "forcing" them to buy silver last year when it was high. It has since gone down in value and now I'm the bad guy giving bad investment advice. It doesn't matter that I explain why they're actually buying silver and it isn't because it such a great investment. My neighbors barely speak to me anymore since trying to get them to watch the CC. People at work call me the "Doom & Gloom Guy

You say its sick for me to look forward to the crash of the current system, yet the same system abuses you and rejects you. Friend, you shouldnt be so merciful to these people. Some of them will turn and see the truth for what it is, however, most will not and will do anything in their power to maintain the status quo, even if that means war.

I know this site doesnt focus much on the war aspect of america but the reality is that we are currently invading two countries and have killed 100's of thousands of people. Not only do we drop bombs and shoot bullets, but we also have dusted these nations with depleted uranium. DU is very radioactive. Iraq is a cancer holocaust as a result of our DU and bombings.

http://www.infowars.com/deformed-babies-in-fallujah/

Watch the video and see how the babies are coming out.

So yes, i will dance and rejoice when the current military-financial complex comes crashing down. Everyone has been given plenty of time to prepare. Those caught unaware deserve the consequences.

 

 

 

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 27 2008
Posts: 1200
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
Mr. Fri wrote:

Matt & Nancy,

As everyone else has been saying, we all experience the rejection when we're trying to warn them. I try to be careful to not sound like an OT prophet and preach doom to them.  And, I'm real careful to quickly tell my church friends that I don't think this is "the end."  Rather, I say it will be similar to the great depression.  Life still goes on but those people had a hard life for a while. 

Yes, it does get VERY frustrating when those who you care about don't want to look at the facts and ignore what's happening. However, one of the most encouraging things someone pointed out to me is this: When it becomes obvious that the economy is crashing around us, they will come to you for advice. And, you have the advantage of time, both from an emotional and learning viewpoint.  You have already gone through the emotions of "Is this really happening?" and "Panic, panic... what do I do now?"   They will not be thinking straight and you can help them get to the next step (whatever that will be at the time) faster than others around them.  For example, gold might already be at $2,000 an once and rising but you can help them buy it quickly before it gets any higher.  You've already done the research and know how to buy gold and from whom.  You will save them a lot of time which could matter a lot.  Only a few days head start in front of the masses would help them out a lot. I try to keep this in mind as I continue to learn and be aware of the situations around us.

I hope this helps you. I does me.

><>Larry

Wow. Excellent. Excellent post.

There is so much wisdom in many of these posts that it brings me to great humility to think that I can add to any of these.

To our new friends Matt and Nancy: Welcome to the Sane Asylum. I can only tell you this. The humbled in my family, my brother who lost his job as a broker, my brother the commerical electrician who took a 40% pay cut and is about to lose his grossly underwater home, my sister, who was homeless if Vegas for a while after her very successful trucking contract business went thermonuclear in months last fall.... well they all GET IT.

My sister, a well employed "keep up with the Jones" nurse practitioner, and her arrogant political hack appointee power-broker hubby, are planning a 40K wedding for their son next July. Meanwhile, they are up to their eyeballs in debt, and digging deeper.

They think I am insane. Well, the ark door will always be open to everyone but them. Family or no family, I am a firm believer in "you reap what you sow".

Ignorance is bliss. Until reality arrives. Then it's hell unleashed.

I can't help them. I can only help the family that's willing to help themselves. And for them, I am all too eager.

Best of luck. Now go have another dose of the truth. Trust me, it not only tastes less bitter with time, but actually becomes delightfully refreshing. And most importantly, the one person that YOU know that YOU can trust is...

go look in the mirror. You'll see him and her.

My signature is there for a reason. Please read it. It summarizes how I feel.

Lbart09's picture
Lbart09
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 6 2009
Posts: 45
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

My husband and I have different outlooks on the future.  He is invested in the stock market and is very happy about his recent returns.  

I have been creating life off the grid for some time now and I feel I am in the best of all possible worlds.  If things do go south (and what other way can they go?), I'm prepared and we can support many family members out here in the country with our current set-up.  I enjoy my garden, chickens, goats, bees, bicycles in and of themselves; what started out as a rejection of  financial systems and the squandering of resources has turned into a comfortable, much more sustainable way of life.

If all those with a vested interest in the status quo can keep kicking the can down the road for years longer, I'll enjoy the relative physical security that comes with a stable society during that time.  

My days of consumerism and major resource consumption are over in any circumstance.   I have found  peace and tranquiility in getting off the treadmill and living a life of volunteer simplicity.  The information about our future is out there for those who want it; trying to serve it up to many is a waste of time and does not help my peace of mind.

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...
Morpheus wrote:

her arrogant political hack appointee power-broker hubby

That's a great title!   Laughing

Lbart wrote:

I have found  peace and tranquiility in getting off the treadmill and living a life of volunteer simplicity.

Hi...I'm jealous!  I want to do that, but having a tough time choosing the best place to do it.  Are you finding community for this life or are you largely an island at this point?  

idoctor's picture
idoctor
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 4 2008
Posts: 1731
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Most people I know are so enamored with this market there is no way to reach them so I don't even try now. Most seem to believe this time is like all the rest & we will be back in full swing in no time. I do hope they are right & what I feel is wrong but when a friend of mine who runs a Discount Grocery store said they use to do $10,000 a month in food stamps but now they are doing $25,000 a month gets my attention.

Also I have been hearing from people connected with the National Guard in our area that they have been training for civil unrest. Maybe this is a normal exercise.....I just dunno.

So many people here in the Midwest are giving up on trying finding a job now. There is some new hope though since it looks like we will be getting another new Casino constructed. Nothing like a rock solid future of service jobs LOL.

Really it is so easy to be consumed by the negatives of life. Just have to keep a healthy balance so we move happily forward no matter which way it goes.

Phil Williams's picture
Phil Williams
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 14 2009
Posts: 345
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

           I just recently became a CC member, but I have been on the site for a year or so. Since this is my first post, I would like to thank all of you who do post, as I have certainly benefited from your wisdom. I am never much of a poster, but this one got to me. I sold my business and moved out to the country a couple of years ago, mainly because of peak resources. CM has really put the other pieces together for me in regard to the financial side. I have been making my preparations alone, with only the support of my wife. I deliberately left out details of why we were doing the things we were doing for fear of being ostracized. My wife just tells people that we are doing something good for the "environment". True, but certainly not the whole truth. I figured out pretty quickly that you can definitely clear a room with this stuff. I basically stopped talking about it, but I got sick of listening to the nonsense. It's really hard to hold your tongue when you hear things like, "we've got more oil than Saudi Arabia if they would just let us drill", or "those damn oil companies are raising prices again", or my personal favorite, "if the banks would just start lending again".

         After finding CM, I felt that I finally found a pretty even and convincing source that most people could understand and trust. I started to recommend the Crash Course to family, friends, and neighbors. I even bought some copies, and gave out some to the older people who don't get the internet, or don't want to watch something for 3.5 hours on the computer. I guess I was naive, but I really thought people would be inspired to do something in their lives. I have to be honest that my motive was not entirely altruistic in that I feel that it would certainly be better for me and my wife if the people around us were also somewhat prepared. I did get through to a couple of people, but the vast majority did not even watch it, and some only watched the first couple of parts. I love the ones who reject everything, but have not even watched the entire CC yet. A small percentage will agree with the CC, but they will dismiss doing anything by saying they don't have the time, or money, or whatever other excuse you can think of. These are the same people that have the time and money to go on extravagant vacations, have 3 cars, 5 TVs, cable in every room, and spend every waking moment on facebook.

         I feel like I am in the old "Twilight Zone" show episode about the bomb shelter. Basically, it is about a guy who tells all his friends that they may want to build a bomb shelter for the atomic bomb that's coming. They all laughed at him of course, then when the air raid sirens started, they were all banging on his bomb shelter door. He tried to tell them that he only had enough food and room for his family. This degenerated into the neighbors breaking the door down. Immediately after the air raid was announced as a test or something, but his neighbors had already shown their true colors. I might want to add to my ammunition stockpile.

         So now I am the crazy pessimist. I prefer realist, but a pessimist is much easier for people to dismiss. I now have a few family members who are trying, but I have others who not only reject everything, but also try to influence others to dismiss me. I used to keep people updated via e-mail on relevant news etc.., but I had a couple of people asked to be off the list. I was stressing them out. I keep thinking if some e-mails stress you out, what happens when the real problems start? Note to self, don't get stuck in a foxhole with those people. I am pretty burnt out on arguing over what is, and what will be. I am to the point now that if you aren't doing something to prepare, I just don't give a you know what. I wish you all the best of luck with all your preparation. I sure hope it is enough. Even if it is not, I can live or die with a valiant effort. 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 3998
Re: Being labeled a nut by Gerald Celente....

THE “GREAT RECESSION”

The “Great Recession,” as it will become known by 2007, will maintain its grip for at least a generation. Consumer bankruptcy filings,
running at about 1.55 million in 2003, will more than double, home foreclosures will skyrocket, businesses of all sizes will collapse and government debt will soar as the income stream from tax sources shrink. Trends Journal®, January 2004.

We were a lone voice. No one in the trend forecasting field, on Wall Street, in the government or the media was predicting a “Great Recession” — much less giving it the name it would be known by and calling the date it would arrive. As we monitored ongoing events, we found no evidence obliging us to reverse our prediction, even though that stand came at a high financial and professional price. With people making money and the economy looking deceptively strong, we found ourselves persona non grata, ignored or ridiculed as gloom-and-doomers.
Trend Lesson: When the accumulated data force a conclusion that runs counter to popular opinion and perceived wisdom, its essential to stick to your guns.

A case in point: back in 2009, pop lar opinion and the perceiv d wisdom was that recovery was on the way. But the accumulated data indicated a cover up, not a recovery. The collapsing economy was being propped up by giant pillars made of paper money, printed out of thin air and backed by nothing. But just as before, a majority, egged on by the media and the government, dismissed the hard facts because the big lie was more comfortable. “In the simplicity of their minds, people more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate
colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have such impudence. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and continue to think that there may be some other explanation.”
— Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

You have to look at the data for what they are and where they lead, not for where you want them to take you. You need to make decisions independent of popular opinion, possibly sacrificing short-term gain with an eye toward the long-term outcome. It could be a matter of professional or financial survival. But easier said than done! Ignoring popular opinion takes courage. Admitting that what you thought you knew may be wrong and acquiring the ability to consider views, analyses and facts that run counter to personal convictions takes even more courage.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 3998
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

"So now I am the crazy pessimist. I prefer realist, but a pessimist is much easier for people to dismiss."

Zeroenergy......  a pessimist is a well informed optimist!

Mike

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Re: Being labeled a nut after sharing the Crash Course and ...

Same late night musings on this topic.

What is it about us that we frequent these types of sites? Are we so different then the person living next door who has no clue of the precarious situation facing our nation? Outwardly we are not so different. Most of us work, have family and friends. We all probably go to movies, play some type of sport, listen to some type of music. Most of us are law abiding and peaceful people. But why do we question the mainstream machine? Why do we cringe when we see headlines proclaiming "the recovery is here?"

Perhaps we have always been some types of sceptics. I for one always hesitate to believe something unless i know for a substantial certainty that it is true. Even in my past relationships with women, the assumption was that they were not to be trusted until they proved themselves to be trustworthy. Not that I sat there with a checklist, but i wouldnt believe all they would say until i saw their behavior and attitude prove it. Most of the time my caution proved to be prudent. Even with friends i was always wary of those who used too much flattery in the beginning. I wanted action not words.

It is possible that all of us here seek truth. As a truthseeker i find myself to be very honest with people. I hate lies, thus, i hate it when our policymakers lie blatantly to our faces. As one who doesnt lie, it makes me harder for me to believe them. Perhaps the majority of the population that believes the lies also tell them in their own lives on a regular basis??

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments