Banking, insurance, and the like

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
Banking, insurance, and the like

When it comes to getting a loan or a new insurance policy, why why why do we still need Humans doing these types of jobs?  There is absolutely no reason why we could not automate this job using  touch screen technologies and a nice user interface.  

There is no reason why we could not just have a identification card system or something along those lines that has your financial history and current situation on it, slid it into the computer and BAM!! all your possible loan or insurance choices are in front of you.  Basically all the BS that would come out of the agents mouth is on the screen, just touch, print, and go.  

Pick one policy or agreement and get your copy sent to you e-mail or hard copy instead of Talking to some person in a JCpenny Suit.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Banking, insurance, and the like

There is no reason why we could not just have a identification card system or something along those lines that has your financial history and current situation on it, slid it into the computer and BAM!!

Unfortunately I think you are going to get your wish. Be careful what you wish for though this type of intrusion cuts both ways. Like BAM you don't qualify.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I too am sure we are headed that direction .   Buyer Beware ! This road is a wide path that many will follow .  

jneo's picture
jneo

I get what people are getting at.  All your info will be on a data base and your grocery buying habits will be on there too.  I shop at Giant Eagle and they have a rewards card for basically free gas after X amount of purchases, and all the items you buy go into a national data base to see your buying patterns, insurance companies will eventually get access to this after they lobby in D.C.  

rickets's picture
rickets

This is true of the vast majority of what doctors do too.  New CPU's are now beating Drs in analyzing MRIs, CAT scans, xrays...etc in accuracy of diagnosis.  While many are concerned of exploding health care costs, I think its quite likely that they implode in the coming 15 years.  The vast majortiy of what a doctor does is a) ask questions which lead to another set of questions (cpu can handle)   b) based on symptoms and answers to questions recommend tests (cpu can do that)  c) interpret tests (cpu can do it)  d) plan of action (medicine, surgury, other solutions) - cpu can do it.  Doctors are likely to move more and more into research and do less and less interaction and diagnosis of patients.  This will move to people who are half medicaly trained and half medical cpu tech.  So much of this complicated profession is following if/then processes.

Of course, this is true of many many jobs.  The cashier at the supermarket will be gone soon.  We will walk the cart by a scanner that will know everything in your cart without having to take it out...

and on and on.  Soooo cool.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Oh my wow !   I can only hope you see through this keeping track of everything you do  is headed   and where it will lead you !

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own
JK121 wrote:

I get what people are getting at.  All your info will be on a data base and your grocery buying habits will be on there too.  I shop at Giant Eagle and they have a rewards card for basically free gas after X amount of purchases, and all the items you buy go into a national data base to see your buying patterns, insurance companies will eventually get access to this after they lobby in D.C.  

They already DO this.  The cross referencing available is truly terrifying.  And when we go to a fully computerized medical record they will be able to say, "I am sorry Mr. Smith we won't cover you for your heart attack because you purchased a Big Mac yesterday ."  And BAM you are out the door.  In cases where they are not supposed to cross reference data there is usually a clause in the consent form that you sign that allows them to give the data to your insurer and their related subsidiaries and other agents.  That means pretty much everybody.

jneo's picture
jneo

I know this Full Moon and others, how detrimental it can and will be.  Just really proposing a form of more technological unemployment and proving how we do not need humans to do repetitive and mundane jobs.  

Formula:  Humans do the job till technology replaces them.  

docmims's picture
docmims

This all assumes the necessary energy to operate our grid and manufacture our gizmos.  this may be problematic in the future.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments