Bank of international settlements

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Bank of international settlements

Something all of us need to pay more attention to. Who are these guys? What role do they play.

The Bank for International Settlements was set up in 1930 by Charles Dawes (Calvin Coolidge’s Vice President), Owen D. Young (who presided over the Allied Reparation Committee), and Hjalmar Schacht (President of Germany’s Reichsbank). Of all the banking institutions in the world, it has been described as the most exclusive and the most secretive. It is amazing that so-called conspiracy theorists have not paid it more attention.

In Tragedy & Hope, Carroll Quigley wrote openly about the Bank for International Settlements. Quigley stated: “The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations.”

http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/5062

plato1965's picture
plato1965
Re: Bank of international settlements

Get a letter, and a stamp. address it to the BIS, Basel, Switzerland.

ask them.. Who are you ? What do you want ?

Now get another letter, and a second stamp.. address it to yourself...

Ask yourself.. Who are you ? What do you want ?

Hint: The second will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more useful...

Gnothi Seauton (tm) . is the pretentious greek version of the first question.... "know yourself"

dunno how to say "what do you want" in ancient greek but. .. I'm open to offers......

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape

I started doing something last night that I did again with your comment.  I went straight to their website (www.bis.org) and started reading their publications.  I did the same thing last night for the Council on Foreign Relations after doing some reading on the Iranian situation.  Whether they are corrupt or not I can't really say, but one thing I can say is I've gotten a lot of insight into how they are thinking and what to actions to anticipate in the future.

I'll be reading this article over the next few nights http://www.bis.org/publ/bppdf/bispap50.pdf. 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

You raise a great question...who is the BIS?

Often it is refereed to as "the bank of all central banks and the IMF."  The IMF is the transaction arm of the BIS which acts more as the policy hub for the entire central banking scheme.  Formed in 1931, the BIS enjoys special soveirngn imunities:

Diplomatic immunity for persons and what they carry with them (i.e., diplomatic pouches) No taxation on any transactions, including salaries paid to employees Embassy-type immunity for all buildings and/or offices operated by the BIS no oversight or knowledge of operations by any government authorityf reedom from immigration restrictions freedom to encrypt any and all communications of any sort freedom from any legal jurisdiction Further, members of the BIS board of directors are individually granted special benefits:
  • “Immunity from arrest or imprisonment and immunity from seizure of their personal baggage, save in flagrant cases of criminal offence;” “inviolability of all papers and documents;” “immunity from jurisdiction, even after their mission has been accomplished, for acts carried out in the discharge of their duties, including words spoken and writings;” “exemption for themselves, their spouses and children from any immigration restrictions, from any formalities concerning the registration of aliens and from any obligations relating to national service in Switzerland ;” “the right to use codes in official communications or to receive or send documents or correspondence by means of couriers or diplomatic bags.”
Officials and employees of the BIS have the following immunities: “Immunity from jurisdiction for acts accomplished in the discharge of their duties, including words spoken and writings, even after such persons have ceased to be Officials of the Bank;” “exemption from all Federal, cantonal and communal taxes on salaries, fees and allowances paid to them by the Bank…” exempt from Swiss national obligations, freedom for spouses and family members from immigration restrictions, transfer assets and properties – including internationally – with the same degree of benefit as Officials of other international organizations.

The info above was accurate four years ago but it may have changed.  In refering to the link I provided, I would caution against assuming that since the info is accurate, the suggested ownership is accurate.  This part is speculative and my personal opinion is that they are incorrect.

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments