Bank holiday confirmation?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Bank holiday confirmation?

About 15 minutes into the interview. Bank holiday ignited by forced foreign treasury sales? Sept, Oct. Dollar crash. More money for FDIC later this year. Derivatives in jeopardy. Cost of rescue 24 trillion just to start-ouch!

By the way, I'm out of the markets, in cash and gold. Jon

http://www.contraryinvestorscafe.com/player/player.php?utype=PU&pid=6224...

bluestone's picture
bluestone
Re: Bank holiday confirmation?

this is a good interview to listen too and quite alarming.  If his sources are reliable, a lot will be happening in the next couple of months.  500-1000 banks on the verge of collapse? coordinated foreign dumping of treasuries? expect rapid dollar devaluation?

Brian

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

I first heard this from Bob Chapman and others are moving to the idea that something is coming this fall.  Jon

http://bobchapman.blogspot.com/2009/08/bob-chapman-on-gold-silver-bank-h...

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Ho, hum

I haven't looked into this particular issue, but, in my experience, Bob Chapman is a sky-is-falling alarmist who is closely allied with Alex Jones and Ted Anderson (the gold huckster who owns Alex's show).  I take everything emitted by this fellow with a block of salt.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
investorzzo wrote:

About 15 minutes into the interview. Bank holiday ignited by forced foreign treasury sales? Sept, Oct. Dollar crash. More money for FDIC later this year. Derivatives in jeopardy. Cost of rescue 24 trillion just to start-ouch!

Jon -

Cash and gold are good.  But it wouldn't hurt to be in a few OEX and/or DIA Put contracts with a Feb/Mar 10 (or later) expiration.  You could probably go at least 5-7 strikes out of the money and not lose too much to time decay.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:
investorzzo wrote:

Jon -

Cash and gold are good.  But it wouldn't hurt to be in a few OEX and/or DIA Put contracts with a Feb/Mar 10 (or later) expiration.  You could probably go at least 5-7 strikes out of the money and not lose too much to time decay.

Dogs, thats when I had some money to invest. Those days are gone...

idoctor's picture
idoctor

I haven't looked into this particular issue, but, in my experience, Bob Chapman is a sky-is-falling alarmist who is closely allied with Alex Jones and Ted Anderson (the gold huckster who owns Alex's show).  I take everything emitted by this fellow with a block of salt.

Thank you a voice of reason. I can't take too much of Bob Chapman unless he has a worthy interview that isn't all doom & gloom.

Calm voices of reason backed up by good data means so much more.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments