Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/19/axelrod-suggests-tea-par...

Wow, talk about out of touch.

Quote:

"The thing that bewilders me is that this president just cut taxes for 95 percent of the American people," Axelrod argued. "I think the tea bags should be directed elsewhere because he certainly understands the burden that people face."

I'm stunned, that for some reason apparently the White House is either unaware of or choosing to ignore the fact that the April 15th Tea parties were not solely about Taxation, but about also Federal Control and Fiscal policies. I was wondering why this wasn't given MSM coverage it deserved, I think I'm beginning to understand now.

I wonder whether the British Government on December 17th 1773 sat around wondering why the Colonists were complaining about the reduction in the price of tea... (for those who don't know the history of the Boston Tea Party, linked here)

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Re: Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

It is not the "severe economic conditions" that have caused my "disaffection". Like you, it is the out of control nature of all branches of government at all levels that has me enraged.

Are we being taxed without being represented?  Absolutely.  Oh sure, we have elected officials.  Unfortunately, their constituents are now the banksters, corporate America and the military industrial complex.  Those are the partys being represented and represented well.

Depending on the individual representative (or White House propagandist) it is either unawareness of the (informed)public's feelings or that they just don't care.  After all, we just don't get it.  Do we?

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Well said Mark...

Democracy has turned our republic into mob rule. The same mutants that are going under for biting off more debt than they can chew are outpacing the people who actually manage their lives according to their means; and they're voting accordingly.

Taxation without adequate representation hits me hard, because as a rural dweller, our needs are thrown completely under the bus by the "penny smart, pound stupid" planning and legislature of state and federal level officials.

That wouldn't even be that bad - if we weren't perpetually being fined, taxed and interfered with.
I could live with being ignored.

The issue of representation scares me, because I think people actually do feel represented.
Meaning one of several things:
1. the platitudes thinking people easily recognize as lies are being believed by the masses.
2. people are so ignorant about how our nation was supposed to run, they don't realize that they're not being represented.
3. people are so appathetic, they really just don't care.

No matter what happens with the economy, we're still sitting on a powder keg.
With any resource, care and discipline must be taken or eventually it'll be lost. Doesn't matter if it's fuel, tax money, or your friendships. Wanton neglect for lateral well-being is what I take issue with.

The Tea Parties are doing their civic duty by pressing back against the same corruption our founding fathers faced when they stared down England.

Cheers,

Aaron

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

Hey Aaron,

I vote for #2, since a lot of US Citizens don't understand the COTUS, or Bill or Rights. How often have you heard of "rights" granted in the BoR that are actually restrictions against the Federal Government ? Or that Jefferson recommended that the COTUS be torn up and re-written every 20 years or so.

Nor have many of them read about the formation of the US and how the Constitution came to be, and how the Bill of Rights was set up, nor the huge arguments as to what should go in these things, and the what each branch was responsible for, and how each branch was structured, i.e. the two tier Legislature was locked in disagreement for a considerable period of time. Since a lot of people are unaware of these things then they don't understand how the Government is meant to work, and thus run around concerned about Executive Orders from the Presidency, without understanding exactly what the President is meant to do... Although EO's from the White house have been abused significantly since the 1990's so I guess it could be seen as evolution of the system.

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Gungnir wrote:

Hey Aaron,

I vote for #2, since a lot of US Citizens don't understand the COTUS, or Bill or Rights. How often have you heard of "rights" granted in the BoR that are actually restrictions against the Federal Government ? Or that Jefferson recommended that the COTUS be torn up and re-written every 20 years or so.

Nor have many of them read about the formation of the US and how the Constitution came to be, and how the Bill of Rights was set up, nor the huge arguments as to what should go in these things, and the what each branch was responsible for, and how each branch was structured, i.e. the two tier Legislature was locked in disagreement for a considerable period of time. Since a lot of people are unaware of these things then they don't understand how the Government is meant to work, and thus run around concerned about Executive Orders from the Presidency, without understanding exactly what the President is meant to do... Although EO's from the White house have been abused significantly since the 1990's so I guess it could be seen as evolution of the system.

Gungnir,

Watch out. You are in danger of being labled a terrorist if you keep implying that people need to read the Constitution. You don't have any Ron Paul bumper stickers , do you?

Ken

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

I rally have nothing to add as this new blue color has xalmed mw down considerably, even chris acknowedged he could count on me.

i agree with the choir on this one

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments