Austrian Economics Book

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
SteveR's picture
SteveR
Austrian Economics Book

Could someone recommend a good book for learning the basics of Austrian economics?

scbissler's picture
scbissler
Re: Austrian Economics Book

I'd recommend Economics for Real People by Gene Callahan as a great intro book in Austrian Economic thought.   For an Austrian take on the current crisis maybe look at Meltdown by Thomas Woods.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

SteveR  -  The Ludwig von Mises Institute website is the mecca of Austrian Economics and is loaded with articles, papers, videos, a blog - all kinds of stuff, and they have a great online bookstore.  Hope this helps ya...

Larry

SteveR's picture
SteveR

DrKrby - I actually did go there, but it's hard to know where to start.  What one book or article would you recommend?  Thanks.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

SteveR - I have heard that "Economics for Real People" (as suggested by scbissler) is an excellent book, but I haven't read it myself. 

"Economics for Real People" (Mises offers the book for free) - click here for the .pdf copy

I read "Economics in One Lesson" and thought it was an excellent book and for what it's worth, it is around 150 pages shorter than "Economics for Real People."

"Economics in One Lesson" (Mises offers the book for free) - click here to link

Good reading!

Larry

Sandman3369's picture
Sandman3369

Thanks guys.  Good question SteveR.  I suppose I should take the next step down the road we're on...

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Sandman said: 

Thanks guys.  Good question SteveR.  I suppose I should take the next step down the road we're on...

Sandman, both of the books devote a lot of content building solid economic fundamentals - from an "Austrian" perspective.

If your goal is to learn Austrian Economics, then you can't lose with either.

But, if your goal is to learn about our monetary system, then I would strongly suggest you first read the "Web of Debt; the shocking truth about our money system and how we can break free" by Ellen Brown.

It is the best book I've found to describe exactly why the economy is blowing up and it is an easy read.  Stop by the "Web of Debt " website, they have parts of the book you can read to see if you're interested.

Best of luck...

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments