Is Australia already there?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yallambee's picture
yallambee
Is Australia already there?

I live on a small property in NSW.

We have had no train service for 4 years, we get a bus twice a day instead. The air service to Sydney closed in December, no one is interested in the route.

Like many country towns mining is a big employer, and as the mines slow so do the towns.

The local butcher refused to supply meat to the hospital until he was paid his over due bills. The patients ate baked beans. The nurses buy syringes from the chemist using petty cash as the chemists have stopped supply as well, NSW health owes millions to creditors.

If you need to see a doctor 2 weeks is about the standard wait for an appointment, and when you do see one they are in a hurry to get to the next patient. Blood pressure checks and the like only occur if you insist.

While people debate water supplies we have a main street that falls apart in the heat as the tar the contractor used melts, so the council waters it all day long using a contractors truck.

Since December you go to the tip to drop off recycling and can't get near the bins. Bottles piled high, everywhere, cardboard overflowing. I often take mine back home. I can burn the cardboard at least.

But we live in a good place, no toll tags, no traffic chaos. Crime rates are at least for now much lower.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Re: Is Australia already there?

Hi Yallambee....

I've read about this stuff happening in New South Wales.  At least I can confirm Queensland is nothing like that, even if there were 33 cases of surgeons operating on the wrong patients, or patients' wrong body parts last year in this state....!

NSW is a basket case, no doubt about it. How did it get this bad?  Is it a sign of things to come...?  You bet!

Mike 

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

Yallambee

This is all just positively too frightening to believe this is happening in Australia.  I think you should MOVE.  To a slightly more rural setting where you can be a bit more self sufficient.  I can't believe it is not scaring the bejeebers out of you to the point where you are taking big steps towards self reliance.  Maybe you are. 

yallambee's picture
yallambee

Hi,

we produce and sell fat lambs, eggs, stud sheep so worst case can feed ourselves. We are supporters of the slow food movement. I also have friends who have moved from the city to avoid the consequences of what is happening now, some of us saw it coming years ago.

Glad Qld is faring better, though my brother is in the automotive industry and the wheels have fallen off in his world.

Retired friends have mixed opinions, though all have lost income and have scaled back.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments