'Audit The Fed', Bill in trouble. Ron Paul calls for our support.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
'Audit The Fed', Bill in trouble. Ron Paul calls for our support.

Senator, Bernie Sanders has introduced a watered-down, 'Audit The Fed' bill which takes all the true investigation out of the legislation, and even allows more cover ups.

Ron Paul is urging us all to take the time, right now, and email Senators, especially Sanders to withdraw this watered-down bill.

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Re: 'Audit The Fed', Bill in trouble. Ron Paul calls for ...

Like Dennis Kucinich over the Healthcare bill, it appears Sanders was also 'made an offer'... he couldn't refuse!

Baywork's picture
Baywork

A more coloful case (b A Grayson):
You Own the Red Roof Inn, Thanks to the Fed

Davos's picture
Davos

I sent my submission via his Senate web form.

Sanders: You are a disgrace, and an utter and absolute moron - America deserves better RESIGN! 

Listen @sshole, myself and those of the 150 million Americans fortunate enough to have a job - work their but off from January to September to pay for this financial mess that Democrats and Republicans have gotten us into over many decades. Even that isn't enough. We have a right to know where every cent went. The Fed is being run like some covert black ops program. That is utter BS. 

You collective 535 (save for Dr. Ron Paul and a few other good eggs) morons have run this country into the ground financially, made it's books so bad that by comparison Enron's books look good. 

We have 108 trillion in off balance sheet liabilities, 12 trillion in debt, 18 trillion in debt if you count the GSE debt on the Fed's balance sheet. 

Our deficit using GAAP is 9 trillion a year, we take in 2 trillion in revenues, borrow 2 trillion and pay 2 trillion in debt service. Using QE the shortfall is making us like Zimbabwe. 

American's have the right to know where the Fed is spending money, what it is buying, and who it is giving money to. When they create money it is in the form of debt, debt that we American's pay for and are liable for. 

Allowing them to do this without lawmaker over-site is more dangerous than any terrorist threat we face.

You collective morons pose the greatest risk to our nation.

ao's picture
ao

Davos,

LOL.  I love your pull no punches approach.  Do mind if I copy this to send to my senators and Sanders?

Davos's picture
Davos
ao wrote:

Davos,

LOL.  I love your pull no punches approach.  Do mind if I copy this to send to my senators and Sanders?

Hello AO: Have at it Cool

docmims's picture
docmims
Davos wrote:

I sent my submission via his Senate web form.

Sanders: You are a disgrace, and an utter and absolute moron - America deserves better RESIGN! 

Listen @sshole, myself and those of the 150 million Americans fortunate enough to have a job - work their but off from January to September to pay for this financial mess that Democrats and Republicans have gotten us into over many decades. Even that isn't enough. We have a right to know where every cent went. The Fed is being run like some covert black ops program. That is utter BS. 

You collective 535 (save for Dr. Ron Paul and a few other good eggs) morons have run this country into the ground financially, made it's books so bad that by comparison Enron's books look good. 

We have 108 trillion in off balance sheet liabilities, 12 trillion in debt, 18 trillion in debt if you count the GSE debt on the Fed's balance sheet. 

Our deficit using GAAP is 9 trillion a year, we take in 2 trillion in revenues, borrow 2 trillion and pay 2 trillion in debt service. Using QE the shortfall is making us like Zimbabwe. 

American's have the right to know where the Fed is spending money, what it is buying, and who it is giving money to. When they create money it is in the form of debt, debt that we American's pay for and are liable for. 

Allowing them to do this without lawmaker over-site is more dangerous than any terrorist threat we face.

You collective morons pose the greatest risk to our nation.

I'm sure that changed his mind.  Anyway the lack of liquidity when the DOW dropped 1000 points Thursday was the Banks flexing their muscle after Senator Reid said he was going to allow a vote on the Audit the Fed bill.  Nothing will change unless we send a real message this Fall.

V's picture
V

Davos

Take a breath man. There was never going to be an audit of the Fed. There will never be an audit of the Fed. On several occasions RP admitted as much. These people are not idiots, they are not making mistakes. They know exactly what they are doing. They do not give a rats ass about you or me. They are members of an exclusive club which you and I will never be a member of.

It will take 60 Senators to sign off on the bill. Then he final nail in the coffin will be Obama would never sign it. We will all be better off doing more productive things with our time.

Of course I understand the need to vent so have at it.

V

machinehead's picture
machinehead

Bernie Sanders caved because the administration took him down with its heaviest-hitter lobbyists: Fed chair Ben Bernanke (groomed in the Bush White House before being appointed to the Fed); TreasSec Tim Geithner; presidential chief of staff Rahm Emanuel; and others. This muscular, full-frontal political takedown was orchestrated straight out of the White House ... by a president who campaigned on a slogan of  'change.'

President Barksdale Harvard O'Bummer needs to start working for the people who elected him, instead of defending the disgraceful secrecy of the Federal Reserve's arrogant looters. That is, unless he's on the Federal Reserve payroll already, which we are entitled to presume until an audit proves otherwise, since the Freedom of Information  Act doesn't apply to the Fed.

'Glasnost!' as the Soviets used to cry -- 'Openness!' Audit the Stalinist Fed.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
V wrote:

Davos

Take a breath man. There was never going to be an audit of the Fed. There will never be an audit of the Fed. On several occasions RP admitted as much. These people are not idiots, they are not making mistakes. They know exactly what they are doing. They do not give a rats ass about you or me. They are members of an exclusive club which you and I will never be a member of.

It will take 60 Senators to sign off on the bill. Then he final nail in the coffin will be Obama would never sign it. We will all be better off doing more productive things with our time.

V

+1!

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

I favor an audit of the Fed but only as part of a criminal investigation, anything else is a red herring that misses the point and wastes valuable time.  Preferably, the criminal investigation should proceed under RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act statutes) statutes.

According to the RICO statute, any person or group who operates or manages an enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity may be in violation of the RICO Act.  RICO "provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization... RICO also permits a private individual harmed by the actions of such an enterprise to file a civil suit; if successful, the individual can collect treble damages...[U.S. Attorney] has the option of seeking a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to temporarily seize a defendant's assets and prevent the transfer of potentially forfeitable property, as well as require the defendant to put up a performance bond...the threat of a RICO indictment can force defendants to plead guilty to lesser charges, in part because the seizure of assets would make it difficult to pay a defense attorney. Despite its harsh provisions, a RICO-related charge is considered easy to prove in court, as it focuses on patterns of behavior as opposed to criminal acts."

We know that the Fed violated federal law in order to help JP Morgan Chase takeover the Wall Street brokerage firm of Bear Stearns (Fed not authroized to purchase anything other than securities that are backed by the full faith and credit of The United States). See MAIDEN LANE LLC, MAIDEN LANE II LLC and MAIDEN LANE III LLC for a complete description of the criminal fraud.

We do however, need to quickly audit our understanding of what exactly the private; for profit and power, Fed was chartered to do before we conclude that they are guilty of a contractual breech or fraud.  Basically, the Fed is a central bank. Central banks are supposed to implement a country's fiscal policies. They monitor commercial banks to ensure that they maintain sufficient assets, like cash, so as to remain solvent and stable. Here are some quick bullet points of what the Fed is empowered to do:

1. They are designed to act independently and insulated from government.
  2. The Fed is expected to manage markets through the PPT.  It would be great to add the caveat "when needed and only for protection" but it would be a waste of time because the markets are managed independently without government oversight.
  3. The Fed regulates the money supply through the FOMC as a primary and independent function.
  4. Act as system regulators.
  5. Keep enough money in the system to reduce unemployment.
  6. The Fed handles currency exchanges and gold transactions and coordinates activities with other central banks.

We should understand that by charter, the Fed is supposed to manipulate markets and the money supply.  If the charter or the Fed misuse or abuse these powers then they should be fired or at a minimum, the charter should be changed.

If we, the U.S. government, demands an unusual audit (the Fed currently supplies reports, which they claim are audited; to satisfy their formal charter) we may be breaching our contract and setting ourselves up for a protracted legal battle.  Why complicate things while we have the legal right to end the charter or fire the Fed?   

There remains a bigger problem, one not addressed by an audit.  The Fed is independently and privately owned/controlled.  This would not be as bad if the interests of the owners rested with the welfare of the people and nation - a group independent of the banks that they control and the other central banks that they deal with.

The fact is that the Fed is majority owned and controlled by the same people who own and control the big Wall Street banks.  And, these same people also own the other western central banks.  And these same people own and control the IMF and BIS.  The international banking cartel. 

The New York Fed controls the U.S. system as the FOMC and PPT operate from that branch and they do most of the business with other central banks.  The New York Fed members constitute over 50% of all Federal Reserve stock, they are the majority owner.  And, the New York Fed is mostly owned by the big Wall Street banks.  Anyone spot the moral hazard of possible collusion or conflict?

No wonder many of our forefathers argued so passionately against a central bank in the U.S....

"...the most deadly hostility existing, against the principles and form of our Constitution... An institution like this, penetrating by its branches every part of the Union, acting by command and in phalanx, may, in a critical moment, upset the government. I deem no government safe which is under the vassalage of any self-constituted authorities, or any other authority than that of the nation, or its regular functionaries. What an obstruction could not this bank of the United States, with all its branch banks, be in time of war! It might dictate to us the peace we should accept, or withdraw its aids. Ought we then to give further growth to an institution so powerful, so hostile?" --Thomas Jefferson to Albert Gallatin, 1803. ME 10:437 

Ayn Rand said "So you think that money is the root of all evil.  Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"  It's long past time to get real about the Fed and to quit playing games.  Americans don't even know who OWNS the Fed as this information is kept from them...why?  

Lincoln directly issued debt free money (greenbacks) into circulation which was a blessing for the nation and a means to keep the banking bastards out: 

"The government should create, issue and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of the people. The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of government, but it is in the government's greatest creative opportunity. By the adoption of these principles the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity." - Abraham Lincoln, 1862 

The international banking cartel responds to Lincoln's message ( I should note that the international banking cartel has it's historical roots centered at the Bank of England where the primary controllers were and are the Rothschild Family)...

"If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe." - The Times of London

And more directly...

"Slavery is likely to be abolished by the war power and chattel slavery destroyed. This I and my European friends are glad of, for slavery is but the owning of labor and carries with it the care of the laborer, while the European plan led by England is for capital to control labor by controlling wages. This can be done by controlling the money. The great debt must be used as a means to control the volume of money. To accomplish this the BONDS must be used as a banking basis. We are now waiting for the Secretary of the Treasury to make his recommendation to Congress. It will not do to allow the Greenback, as it is called, to circulate as money any length of time, as we cannot control that." - Hazzard Circular sent in 1862 by the Bank of England

Lincoln understood the international banking cartel....

"The money power preys upon the nations in times of peace and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Lincoln was later assassinated...

Canadian attorney, Gerald G. McGeer had obtained evidence deleted from the public record provided to him by Secret Service Agents at the trial of John Wilkes Booth, after Booth's death.  Gerald G. McGeer stated that it showed that John Wilkes Booth was a mercenary working for the central bankers.  "Abraham Lincoln, the murdered emancipator of the slaves, was assassinated through the machinations of a group representative of the International Bankers, who feared the United States President's National Credit ambitions.

They were the men interested in the establishment of the Gold Standard and the right of the bankers to manage the currency and credit of every nation in the world. With Abraham Lincoln out of the way they were able to proceed with that plan and did proceed with it in the United States."

Some in the nation recognized what was occurring as the international banking cartel quickly began making inroads...

"While boasting of our noble deeds we're careful to conceal the ugly fact that by an iniquitous money system we have nationalized a system of oppression which, though more refined, is not less cruel than the old system of chattel slavery." - Horace Greeley

We officially lost our financial sovereignty in 1913 and became a client state to the international banking cartel.  If we are too damned dumb to take back the control and issuance of our money then maybe we deserve the ass-kicking coming our way.  The sad part is that our gutless stupidity will seal the unfortunate fate for future generations. 

More than anything, the international banking cartel, our real rulers, fear us taking back control of our money more than anything else and will use their puppets to sing and dance about audits and other pointless reforms.  These agents and dupes are creating red herrings to hide the simple truth from the people.

Larry

Davos's picture
Davos
V wrote:

Davos

V

Not a vent. He is a flipping moron and I told him so. If everyone of us 308,000,000 Americans who are old enough to write and have enough common sense to know what is going on spoke up we wouldn't be in the mess we are going to be in.

I'm NOT a potted plant and I'm not going to sit on my hands - I'll speak up as long as I can.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Davos,

You crack me up!  I remember last year when this whole thing started to go down.  You were so politically correct and very mellow in nature......now, not so much.  You've woken up to the world quickly and are in the "anger" stage of the "awakening".  You should go back one year and look at how you sounded while posting and compare it to now......I think you'll laugh your arse off!  I am!  

BTW:  I'm with you brother!  These morons couldn't find the hole in their arse if their fingers were stuck up it!  

Larry, thanks for the post.  I think  your posts of the past month or so, have shown your increased frustration with the situation.  I'm feeling it myself so, stay strong!

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Davos wrote:
ao wrote:

Davos,

Hello AO: Have at it Cool

I'm going to copy it too. 

A1B2C3D4's picture
A1B2C3D4
Re: 'Audit The Fed', Here is what you can do now!

Join with the 231,359 who are already members of Ron Paul's www.campaignforliberty.com 

The only plausible way to restore our Constitutional Republic would be for us to replace those politicians who fail to keep their oath to preserve the Constitution with those who will keep the oath. 

It is up to those who willingly choose to assume the task of enlightening their fellow citizens to be more cognizant of the meaning of the limits enshrined in Article 1 Sections 8, 9 and 10, 

Once there are enough of us to elect men and women who understand we will be able to repeal the abusive laws, reduce the profligate government spending and the national debt, restore gold and silver backed sound currency and bring home our troops stationed in over  130 countries around the world at the cost of over one trillion dollars a year.

We are already at work so join us and help us pass the torch.

Montana Native's picture
Montana Native

Davos, I just had to copy paste your post to Sanders again. I am still laughing my ass off.  That pissed off hockey stick line is rocketing up!

John99's picture
John99
Re: 'Audit The Fed', Here is what you can do now!
A1B2C3D4 wrote:

Join with the 231,359 who are already members of Ron Paul's www.campaignforliberty.com 

The only plausible way to restore our Constitutional Republic would be for us to replace those politicians who fail to keep their oath to preserve the Constitution with those who will keep the oath. 

It is up to those who willingly choose to assume the task of enlightening their fellow citizens to be more cognizant of the meaning of the limits enshrined in Article 1 Sections 8, 9 and 10, 

Once there are enough of us to elect men and women who understand we will be able to repeal the abusive laws, reduce the profligate government spending and the national debt, restore gold and silver backed sound currency and bring home our troops stationed in over  130 countries around the world at the cost of over one trillion dollars a year.

We are already at work so join us and help us pass the torch.

Here's a site with great potential - to keep track of how politicians are voting on contentious issues.

http://votetrackers.com/

John99's picture
John99

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Does anyone know what Ron Paul would do if the audit revealed that the Fed is nothing more than a crime cartel?  Part of the answer lies in the name of his newest book "End the Fed" but I suspect that most of his supporters have no idea what he would actually replace the Fed with.  Can anyone tell me what his plan calls for, who would create the new money and how would it be done?

Larry

V's picture
V

All

There will be no audit. The Fed will not end without something equally insidious taking its place. Again these are not morons. Moron is a psychological term used to define a person beyond the age of 12 who is mentally incapable of functioning beyond that age.

A more accurate term would be sociopath. These are absolutely brilliant people we are talking about. They have created a system of control which gives them power over the entire planet and every living thing on it. They have been doing this for hundreds of years through the control of money which they create out of thin air and make everyone dependent on it. I defy anyone to devise an equally ingenious system.

You can write your congress people all you like you will be noticed as much as a flea on an elephant. There will never be a time when over 300 million Americans writing to their congress people will make a difference. If there ever were more than a handful of congress people who managed to get elected that promoted the agenda of Ron Paul we would have the largest bubble in airplane accidents since Kitty Hawk.

There will never be a tipping point in public opinion which will remove the elites from power. They have the most powerful military in the world at their disposal. Americans who get too far out of line will wake up to Abrams tanks and Bradley vehicles on their lawns and tear gas in their living rooms. (Waco, Ruby Ridge etc.) Their electricity will be turned off their water will be turned off. Their will be no food on the shelves.

The mind control has progressed too far. Your anger and frustration will be better channeled into the little things you can do in your own life and sphere of influence to make life as enjoyable as possible as a human resource ie serf.

For all you Mothers out there THANK YOU where would we be without you.

V

ps vent on

machinehead's picture
machinehead

Tuesday is voting day in the Senate, says Huffpo:

UPDATE: Senator Bernie Sanders will get a vote on his Federal Reserve disclosure amendment Tuesday at 11:30 a.m., followed by a vote on Senator David Vitter's more comprehensive 'audit the Fed' amendment. Rep. Ron Paul is urging a yes vote on both.

Splitting the action into two votes could give Fed defenders an opportunity to split the bipartisan coalition, with Republicans generally voting for the Vitter amendment and Democrats generally voting for Sanders -- leaving neither with enough to get over the top.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/10/ron-paul-backs-fed-audit_n_5704...

One site I saw was already calling Ron Paul a 'Mason' for supporting the Sanders amendment. Surprised

Probably just a case of 'something's better than nothing' in a legislature where Fed collaborators outnumber freedom lovers 534 to 1.

machinehead's picture
machinehead

The US Senate stampedes, in a partial victory for Ron Paul:

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- A controversial measure requiring the government to conduct an unprecedented one-time audit of the Federal Reserve's economic crisis response programs was approved with overwhelming bipartisan support Tuesday by the Senate as part of sweeping bank reform legislation.

The amendment also calls for releasing the names of institutions that received in total more than $2 trillion in loans from the central bank during the peak of the financial crisis.

The provision received a vote of 96-0, with many lawmakers agreeing to back it following a compromise reached late Thursday. "This makes it clear that the Fed can no longer operate under the kind of secrecy it has been operating under," said Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., the measure's author.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/senate-oks-one-time-audit-the-fed-measu...

The lights dim at 33 Liberty Street in New York, as they fire up the belching shredder/incinerator unit adapted from a wood chipper. Surprised

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

LOL machinehead....Ron Paul a mason!?!?

I guess next you'll tell us he is a 33 degree or that his wife is a member of the Eastern Star or that one of his top advisers attended the 2008 Bilderberg meeting or that he has close ties with Rockefeller's JBS.

Speaking of funny coincidences...that zany David Rockefeller said in an interview with Mark Skousen that he considers himself a follower of the Austrian school of economics. Friedrich Hayek had been his tutor at the London School of Economics in the 1930s.  Shortly thereafter, Rockefeller paid for Mises and his wife to come to the U.S. and got him started.

But back to the issue at hand...the audit is not going to happen...we'll get dog and pony show instead...was this a a victory or defeat for Ron Paul?

By the way, do any Ron Paul supporters know what he would replace the Fed with?

V's picture
V

I would be willing to bet that this bill has so many loopholes in it that it more closely resembles Jarlsberg cheese. What an insult to my favorite cheese.

As for breaking up the banks well it seems to have worked for Standard Oil. LOL

V

redpill's picture
redpill
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

By the way, do any Ron Paul supporters know what he would replace the Fed with?

I'm not sure what you mean.  By removing central banking, he certainly wouldn't advocate replacing it with another central bank as that would defeat the purpose.  He would advocate a return to sound money however necessary, whether it is backed by gold or other physical assets is a secondary discussion. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments